project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 May 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2019-04-28, 09:38   #11
mebel
Default Re: Remove Pilot and Crewman kits for vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook-TheOne View Post
And there is one more thing. When I try to change kits it says you need to be close to a friendly supply crate or vehicle, but when I am near a vehicle and trying to change kits it says the same thing again. And after acquiring crewman kits I am unable to sit in APC but I am being a part of the squad that time. Please help !
Make sure you requesting it from friendly APC vehicle.
mebel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-28, 11:37   #12
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Just FYI, instead of making several posts for seperate questions you can click the edit button in the bottom right of your first message to add your additional questions and messages to them.

Now to try to answer questions:

1. It's not going to be fixed as it is working as intended. As said before it is a way to stop griefers and inexperienced players from just jumping in a tank and drowning it.

2. You can pick up kits real quick to get some ammo or a medical patch from them, but picking up an enemy weapon to use is discouraged by death. This is mostly so some guy taking a HAT or LAT kit doesn't just give the enemy team extra anti vehicle weapons when he dies, leaving your own team with no HAT or LAT.

3. Only select vehicles allow kits to be taken from them. Armoured vehicles allow crewman kits to be taken (APC, Tank, Recon vehicles, AA vehicles). Whilst helicopters and jets allow pilot kits. However if you are close to a supply crate you can select any kit available to your faction. This is also true for APCs. So trucks and cars do not allow kits to be taken.

And if the vehicle says you can't stay in it then either you are not in the same squad as the driver or you still don't have a crewman kit (remember that when you click it you still need to pick it up with G, you can usually tell you have the crewman kit by having a SMG or small rifle instead of the normal rifle.)
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-28, 13:47   #13
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester

Make sure you read the manual

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-28, 15:39   #14
PatrickLA_CA

Mate, you're really missing the point of this game. Take the manual out for a spin then join a 'Deployment' server and look for "INF MIC" (or similar) squads to join. Spend some time under good squad leaders who will help you get the real PR immersion. After that, you can think about taking assets.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-28, 16:07   #15
ALADE3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Mate, you're really missing the point of this game. Take the manual out for a spin then join a 'Deployment' server and look for "INF MIC" (or similar) squads to join. Spend some time under good squad leaders who will help you get the real PR immersion. After that, you can think about taking assets.
This case is just like being a beginner in the game and taking a sniper kit thing.

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-28, 17:42   #16
WVNDERWAFFE
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook-TheOne View Post
And there is one more thing. When I try to change kits it says you need to be close to a friendly supply crate or vehicle, but when I am near a vehicle and trying to change kits it says the same thing again. And after acquiring crewman kits I am unable to sit in APC but I am being a part of the squad that time. Please help !
For requesting a Crewman Kit you have to be directly at the friendly APC/Tank or a Supply Crate.
For requesting a Pilot Kit you have to be directly at the friendly Chopper/Jet or a Supply Crate.

This even works without being in a squad, but you will probably be kicked for it soon.

WVNDERWAFFE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-28, 19:01   #17
[R-CON]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Contributor
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNDERWAFFE View Post
This even works without being in a squad
You have to be in a squad, otherwise you can not open secondary radio common rose (T)

prta is known for his lack of "authority" on cheaters, your server your rules if you want to close an eye on him do so ~ A guy (who was proven to be a cheater next day) right after reporting another cheater
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote