project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
19 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-06, 23:38   #11
00SoldierofFortune00

I agree about the IED. That seems like it is kind of sterotyping and pushing the MEC as nothing more then radical jihadist instead of a professional military force.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 2006-09-06, 23:40   #12
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

.......But.... it looks........ cool!
Old 2006-09-07, 00:01   #13
PlayPR!

So um does this mean that we'll get Terrorist as well as British soldiers in .4? WOOT!

Old 2006-09-07, 00:05   #14
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayPRMM!
So um does this mean that we'll get Terrorist as well as British soldiers in .4? WOOT!
No. Do not assume anything of the sort with terrorists. To be politically correct, PR is thinking Insurgents. However insurgents are one of the last things on the list of PR to do, because getting those Brits in are priority #1. They are only thinking about doing the insurgents.
Old 2006-09-07, 00:26   #15
Ferocious_Imbecile

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]NikovK
Well, we have been talking about changing the SLAM models. Or it could replace C4 for the MEC engineer. Maybe we decided claymores should be U.S.M.C. only? So many options for this little pipe bomb... I guess you'll have to wait and see.
Those scuffed blued metal textures worn at the edges...are those taken from files that come with the orignal BF2 for various guns or are they your own creations? If so, did you all make them by hand in Photoshop or some paint program or are they fully photographic? The wear on edges are pretty impressive.

Oh yes, and please do insurgents, and create map/scenarios that involve and reward insurgency type tactics; attacks on motorcades through long winding roadways for example.
Old 2006-09-07, 00:44   #16
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

MEC and PLA should have had Semtex instead of C4 from the beginning. With a phone attached...that's an IED.

Looks like we might get the Brits and an Insurgent faction. I believe Eggman hinted at this before. I might have misread him.
Old 2006-09-07, 00:55   #17
Skinwehr

If any of the Dev's would like me to design improvised weaponry for any "insurgent" force, I'd be happy to help out. The US Gov won't let me build the real things no more, so my former talents are going to waste.

To the person who said that an IED belies a professional military force:

I have seen pages from Al-Quiada's bomb making field manuals. I recognized everything. It was an arab translation of "ST 31-210 Improvised Munitions", a US Army field manual. The CIA, Natick, and the Aberdeen proving grounds developed most of the insurgent's "crude but effective" devices during the cold war.

Improvised warfare is a science and a profession unto itself.

"A true warrior fights not because he hates what is in front of him; A true warrior fights because he loves what is behind him" -Saga
Old 2006-09-07, 01:04   #18
Griffon2-6

Yes, but are IEDs standard issue for the US Army? Marines? Even the PLA has satchel charges. Professional Middle Eastern armies should have C4, as a result of trade with various western countries.
Old 2006-09-07, 01:18   #19
PlayPR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan
No. Do not assume anything of the sort with terrorists. To be politically correct, PR is thinking Insurgents. However insurgents are one of the last things on the list of PR to do, because getting those Brits in are priority #1. They are only thinking about doing the insurgents.
Well, if there going to be politically correct for the war thats goin on now in Iraq doesnt that make theat group terrorist because that is what I believe is politically correct for the time being... And yes I sure as hell hope Brits are priority 1

Old 2006-09-07, 01:29   #20
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

Im not one to argue on behalf of real world issues. However I know for a fact PR will not model a "terrorist" faction. An "Insurgent" faction was all that was mentioned.
Closed Thread

Tags
bomb, squad, update