project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
21 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2006-06-24, 18:43   #41
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

BlakeJr's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pence
They better be more artistic than USI or NAW, i hate them mods but they make it it look good with nice pictures.
Better then to have butt ugly pics and a good mod...


{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
BlakeJr is offline
Old 2006-06-25, 18:39   #42
Rifleman

Rifleman's Avatar
Default

Quote:
We'll get some screenies done within the dev cycle.

egg
Good that u have catch the drift I didn't want to make it sounding like a flame ;>

Can't wait for any screenie

Chuck Norris has counted to infinity. Twice.

InGame: H2HSupport
Kits: Sniper/Medic/SpecOps
Rifleman is offline
Old 2006-06-25, 23:41   #43
0mikr0n

0mikr0n's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV] JS.Fortnight.A
We'll have to play it a bit by ear. The 040 release date will depend on:

- When the BF2 patch releases and what it breaks / adds / fixes
I have to stop and laugh at this one. I hate EA and DICE with a passion for their ability to screw up any game at any given time with a forced change, and it's humorous how everyone instantly thinks, "damn, update coming out... I'm probably not going to update for a few weeks til I find out if it broke anything."

Because with their history, it's guaranteed they're going to break something. That's why I love PR, because everything done is tested... I'd be surprised if anything that EA and DICE did for 1.31 (1.4) has been / ever will be tested.








The Airborne Clan is recruiting! We're looking forward to having you!

Lieutenant Colonel 0mikr0n
Airborne BF2 Battalion CO
0mikr0n is offline
Old 2006-06-25, 23:56   #44
MrD
Supporting Member

MrD's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to MrD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJr
Better then to have butt ugly pics and a good mod...


or was that :

Better then to have ugly butt pics and a good mod....


[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
MrD is offline
Old 2006-06-26, 06:44   #45
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

BlakeJr's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD
or was that :

Better then to have ugly butt pics and a good mod....
...Whatever you like as long as the mod is good!


{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
BlakeJr is offline
Old 2006-06-26, 09:43   #46
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mikr0n
I have to stop and laugh at this one. I hate EA and DICE with a passion for their ability to screw up any game at any given time with a forced change, and it's humorous how everyone instantly thinks, "damn, update coming out... I'm probably not going to update for a few weeks til I find out if it broke anything."

Because with their history, it's guaranteed they're going to break something. That's why I love PR, because everything done is tested... I'd be surprised if anything that EA and DICE did for 1.31 (1.4) has been / ever will be tested.
I'm not going to get into a rant, but this is exactly the sort of attitude I can't stand. I'll just make one point though:

If you think a game developer should make an active effort not to break any mods with any of it's patches, you're wrong. To do that, they would hardly be able to change anything at all, since they'd be completely unable to change anything that's not hardcoded. Sure, there are some things that get broken without much need for it, but Dice simply CANNOT put mods first when it comes to patches for issues in the main game.
e-Gor is offline
Old 2006-06-26, 10:01   #47
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

BlakeJr's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mikr0n
I have to stop and laugh at this one. I hate EA and DICE with a passion for their ability to screw up any game at any given time with a forced change, and it's humorous how everyone instantly thinks, "damn, update coming out... I'm probably not going to update for a few weeks til I find out if it broke anything."

Because with their history, it's guaranteed they're going to break something. That's why I love PR, because everything done is tested... I'd be surprised if anything that EA and DICE did for 1.31 (1.4) has been / ever will be tested.
Just noticed this part in your post.
How long have you been a member of this community? We've had some pretty buggy releases of PRMM too you know. Take the LittleBird for example. When it was first released it was damn near impossible to get of the ground due to a collision mesh bug. That's just one example.
But ok, you are right, each release candidate IS tested, but bugs still find their way through.

Also, rather than bash EA and DICE you should be grateful that they brought BF1942 and now BF2 to us at all. I don't know about you but Infiltration for Unreal Tournament was beginning to get old!


{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
BlakeJr is offline
Old 2006-06-26, 20:29   #48
Malik
Banned

Malik's Avatar
Default

We're not on version 1.0 yet. PRMM is all one big beta test. When we get to 1.0, you can be damn sure that everything will be perfect because nothing new will have been added that we wouldn't have already laid our hands on and sorted out. While we're building up our appetites for new builds, the DEVs are building up their knowledge of modding so by the time we get to 1.0 it will all be perfect.
Malik is offline
Old 2006-06-27, 17:44   #49
SFA/**]V[E**/L

SFA/**]V[E**/L's Avatar
Default

Big Word "HOPEFULLY"


SFA/**]V[E**/L is offline
Old 2006-07-03, 14:41   #50
666{The Reaper}

666{The Reaper}'s Avatar
Default

with the unlock type stuff, i think i've got it correct me if i'm wrong, but if you add another kit into the system but that kit is a weapon from vanilla that you only getonce unlocked then only those who have that weapon unlocked can be that class, for instance if there is a new class like "super sniper" then only people who havethe new gun unlocked will be able to play with that class. is that it ?? or have i got it wrong
666{The Reaper} is offline
Closed Thread


Tags
040, project, reality, status, update
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 22:42.