project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
16 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-11-17, 01:13   #31
Salmonella

Default Re: [Faction Proposal] Brazilian Armed Forces & FARC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazz View Post
The trees should have longer branches with dense leaves so there's overhead cover.
Agreed, the tree models in the video are from GhostDance JungleFever topic, we are working on our models with larger top, and denser leaves, just you wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]162eRI View Post
Well, don't forget it's BF2 engine, don't except too much from it.
Yes, we've forgot for a while and already had problems, the jungle settings in video works fine as long you don't cover the hole map with it. The large forest map, Fools road, have about 40K trees, in order to cover an entire 4x4km map with the density seen on the video we need 300K trees... the engine can't handle such polycount.
We're still figuring a way out, stay tuned.
Salmonella is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 02:06   #32
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonella View Post
Yes, we've forgot for a while and already had problems, the jungle settings in video works fine as long you don't cover the hole map with it. The large forest map, Fools road, have about 40K trees, in order to cover an entire 4x4km map with the density seen on the video we need 300K trees... the engine can't handle such polycount.
We're still figuring a way out, stay tuned.
I suggest leaving some open fields and using Static trees where you can.

Wilkinson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 02:15   #33
HangMan_

I am very interested in the FARC faction as an OPFOR for the PSC. You guys have done an amazing amount of work already. If you need any help drop me a PM and i'll see what i can do

PR Community Faction Team - "Getting Sh*t Done..."
HangMan_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 08:42   #34
Gaz
Banned
Supporting Member

Gents, please remove the image template you guys have been using. This is using the same media release template design as PR, and it's implying it's part of the main mod, or a comfac that has already been written into PR's core design plan; which it has not. Not to mention the dogtags. People with access to the PR Team forums should NOT be using or passing out the template files, as that would be a breach of the PR GEA, wouldn't it?

Please remove the images that depict the template.
Gaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 09:25   #35
arjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonella View Post
Yes, we use both, but for now the focus is develop only what is in duty in Amazonian Border Operations
To make a playable release as soon as possible.

We agree with you, we don't know if we gonna be "allowed" to use it, but just in case, its already done.

NEWS - CHECK OUT OUR FIRST JUNGLE TEST
Im not seeing any pictures?
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 09:46   #36
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjan View Post
Im not seeing any pictures?
check second post

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 11:27   #37
Heskey

Hi guys,

I'm no modder myself; and I'm usually loyal to 'coalition' established forces, like the US & British, but the implementation of two guerilla style armies intregues me for a number of reasons:

1.) The rough terrain making transport air-drops by choppers more common.
2.) The VERY different front from most FPS' (WWII Europe or Modern Day Middle-East)
3.) The background research.

I'm very impressed that this faction idea is backed with news articles. I can't wait to see the result!

(Signature by Priby)
Heskey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 11:58   #38
zenrique

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gaz View Post
Gents, please remove the image template you guys have been using. This is using the same media release template design as PR, and it's implying it's part of the main mod, or a comfac that has already been written into PR's core design plan; which it has not. Not to mention the dogtags. People with access to the PR Team forums should NOT be using or passing out the template files, as that would be a breach of the PR GEA, wouldn't it?

Hey gaz, I'll ask the guys to remove it. We didn't use the original template, just recreated it with no intention of making it look "official", just to follow a standard. Sorry about our mistake!
Last edited by zenrique; 2009-11-17 at 12:03..
Old 2009-11-17, 13:16   #39
gazzthompson

im really looking forward to this, i LOVE the jungle maps currently in PR they are very intense. and the map on first page looks like a hole new level of intenseness!!!

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 13:37   #40
Salmonella

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R2-CON]zenrique View Post
Hey gaz, I'll ask the guys to remove it. We didn't use the original template, just recreated it with no intention of making it look "official", just to follow a standard. Sorry about our mistake!
Images updated
Last edited by Salmonella; 2009-11-17 at 16:45..

Tags
armed, brazilian, faction, farc, forces, proposal