project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
22 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-12-29, 11:42   #41
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR:WW2 Beta Release - Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexeh View Post
Panzer IV F2 Hull Machine Gunner:

When moving the machine gun from the left to the right, it feels weird - like the sliding turret thing in 1.3.5. It's hard to aim as it just slides instead of stopping. Combined with the small angle of fire its nearly useless.
I have not experienced this. Hull MG moved perfectly fine in the really small angle. No problems aiming. Check your DPI/mouse sensitivity maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTE246 View Post
-BAR is not comparable to an MG-34. Perhaps, Making US Machine gunner Kit a deployable Browning .30 Cal Machine Gun. This way AR can keep the BAR but squads can still have more firepower available.
You have to keep in mind that all American guns are semi-automatic, you can pew-pew-pew everything, while Wehrmacht soldiers rely on the K-98 in combination with a strong MG.

Old 2015-12-29, 13:27   #42
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You have to keep in mind that all American guns are semi-automatic, you can pew-pew-pew everything, while Wehrmacht soldiers rely on the K-98 in combination with a strong MG.
Exactly .

I believe the German idea was that MGs should provide covering fire and be the real beasts in the battlefield, while the soldiers would (mostly) carry bolt-action rifles such as the K98. The US (Allies) on the other hand were much more about dividing fire power among pretty much everyone. I'll let someone else rephrase this properly .

We don't have a proper handheld M1919A6 yet, so for now we'll have to make due with the BAR for both AR and MG kits. Note: the MG kit has more ammo for the BAR than the AR.

Old 2015-12-29, 13:39   #43
shahram

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]camo View Post
Thompson and MP40 are now both much nicer models than before, the thompson is also the same version as it was previously being the m1928a1. Recoil i believe is the same as it was in the alpha.
I realized it, you know, now it is like soldiers hold SMGs in front of their bellies.
and believe me, there are more recoils in comparison to before in SMGs.
look at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9gdGIYKvYA
Last edited by shahram; 2015-12-29 at 13:44..
Old 2015-12-29, 14:14   #44
[R-CON]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Contributor

As seen on the Forgotten Hope 2 map of Omaha Beach, things can be balanced out on that map by having mounted artillery guns on the ships that can be used by the player to provide covering fire on their advance to the beach.

That could be a potential fix to the Germans steamrolling the US everytime.

Old 2015-12-29, 14:18   #45
[R-DEV]​Ratface
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
As seen on the Forgotten Hope 2 map of Omaha Beach, things can be balanced out on that map by having mounted artillery guns on the ships that can be used by the player to provide covering fire on their advance to the beach.

That could be a potential fix to the Germans steamrolling the US everytime.
The biggest thing the Americans need to do is communicate and work together. We're making changes shortly to make it easier for the Americans and harder for the Germans. Germans will need to run better supplies to make sure they're at full power to defend.

Also, don't forget that US gets artillery ever 15 minutes or so, planning attacks around this can help a lot.

As AD has said, this isn't your typical PR scenario. You don't typically have to coordinate grand assaults like in Omaha. Having a commander and working together will mean the difference between living and dying. Obviously there are a few flaws but we'll be fixing those shortly

Old 2015-12-29, 16:36   #46
Commander_Motorola

I'm getting a few FPS lag on Omaha when looking at all the action other than that mod is really good.
Old 2015-12-29, 16:41   #47
shadezz

So I installed everything and I'm only seeing two servers and both have 2500 ping resulting in a connection error. Am I 'posed to open some ports? The base mod works fine.

Edit - All sorted, was a PB problem.
Last edited by shadezz; 2015-12-29 at 16:53.. Reason: :)
Old 2015-12-29, 16:43   #48
HellRanger2558

Default Germans allowed on the beach in Omaha?

I think the Germans shouldn't be allowed to go onto the beach I found out that after a WN is caped one Germans will sit at the spawn boat and spawn trap the team so that's my thoughts.
Old 2015-12-29, 16:48   #49
curahee150

Quit simply the Germans have too many tickets or the Americans have too few. Eventually since the update it seems the Americans will push up out of the beach. Just give them more tickets.

Also the FAR west pak gun that may not be historical may need to be removed

"If it sounds stupid but it works, it ain't stupid"-Murphy's law
Last edited by curahee150; 2015-12-29 at 17:00..
Old 2015-12-29, 16:54   #50
cantpick

feedback - bug - forums are a maze, so posting here.
As SL, putting marker on the map results in mark being a subgrid off. This is with map zoomed out max. zooming in and resetting the mark to where it is really desired results in the marker being placed correctly.

Oh and that beach head map ... Omaha? US gets too little smoke? maybe this is "real".
US gets no ship to shore artillery support = "real"?
Closed Thread

Tags
beta, feedback, prww2, release, thread