project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
19 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2015-08-12, 11:45   #21
Jacksonez__

Default Re: Wanda Shan

It's usually the tank squad that closes the deal in this map. If German tank plays aggressively and gambles, they will win the game since they can wreck everything (have seen that maybe 3-4 times), meanwhile Pumas just hold back with infantry. Well, blitzkrieg it is.

Not even sure what PLA is supposed to do with their one tank. Die? Probably.

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 12:17   #22
Steeps
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
v1.2 and v1.3 mapstats show very decent balance on this map. Both in wins for both teams as in how many tickets a team usually wins with. So we have no major plans to alter this for the next release (compared to some of our other maps that definitely need change to balance it out better, which is one of our big plans for next release).

While I can agree that certain aspects of this map seem unbalanced if you take the map apart, the combined warfare on this map is clearly working. From my personal experience as well this map seems to linger to GER armor upper hand but I've won myself more with PLA then GER cause of easier movement and concealment on their parts of the map.

Closer towards next release we'll continue to check the stats to see if it goes one way but for now I can only crush your hopes of seeing changes on this map Then again we can always come to a point where we introduce new assets are other changes that require map layer alteration, so nothing set in stone

But feel free to continue to provide suggestions that perhaps can make the map simply better without altering the balance we have now.
That's.... interesting. Fair enough though, guess my teams were just always on the ugly receiving end of a good German tank squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
It's usually the tank squad that closes the deal in this map. If German tank plays aggressively and gambles, they will win the game since they can wreck everything (have seen that maybe 3-4 times), meanwhile Pumas just hold back with infantry. Well, blitzkrieg it is.

Not even sure what PLA is supposed to do with their one tank. Die? Probably.
Problem is with the one tank PLA gets, it has three tanks, two Pumas, one HAT kit, and the Tiger that can kill it.

Steeps is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 14:08   #23
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Wanda is not supposed to be totally symmetric. Thats why there is not such a scenraio like 3tanks vs 3tanks, 2 atgm apcs vs 2 atgm apcs, etc. for now.

I am happy that this map plays out a bit different than a Kashan Desert f.e., PLA has better movement/ is more agile with their MG jeeps, have a better HAT, have an mobile AAV which can scare the enemy chopper of the back country also allowing the own CAS to roam a bit more, while the Germans have their MBTs to stomp the frontline with - still have to take care that they don't run into TOWs and ATGM APCs.

Of course, if something doesn't work out, we aim to adjust the balance as we did in the past.
But as MW said, the overall stats seem still legit, so even if it might change in the future, the next versions layout will remain pretty much remain as it is.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 16:29   #24
Pronck
Supporting Member

Exchanging the Chinese LB with hellfires with the Z10 can already turn things around, only one change.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 20:20   #25
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
v1.2 and v1.3 mapstats show very decent balance on this map. Both in wins for both teams as in how many tickets a team usually wins with. So we have no major plans to alter this for the next release (compared to some of our other maps that definitely need change to balance it out better, which is one of our big plans for next release).

While I can agree that certain aspects of this map seem unbalanced if you take the map apart, the combined warfare on this map is clearly working. From my personal experience as well this map seems to linger to GER armor upper hand but I've won myself more with PLA then GER cause of easier movement and concealment on their parts of the map.

Closer towards next release we'll continue to check the stats to see if it goes one way but for now I can only crush your hopes of seeing changes on this map Then again we can always come to a point where we introduce new assets are other changes that require map layer alteration, so nothing set in stone

But feel free to continue to provide suggestions that perhaps can make the map simply better without altering the balance we have now.
There is no balance if german armor is highly skilled. Infact Chinese team simply doesn't have the tools required to counter such force. Even adding a single ATGM vehicle would probably level the playing field a bit.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 11:54   #26
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

Well, the Chinese have superior air control, it takes forever to kill their heli with a Puma, no AAV available for Germany either so you have to rely on emplacements or handheld AA unless they hover in front of a Leo.
And on the other side, the Tiger is just straight up garbage, I've been trying to land it on Test Airfield for hours, I did succeed a number of times, yes, but most of the time it just tilts over(on flat ground!) after minutes of no left/right movement input whatsoever. Ultimately, the higher asset count on the German side + limited AA capabilities leads to higher ticket drain, and as a consequence the map appears to favour no particular side.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 14:10   #27
X-Alt

Just add a WZ550 in place of one of the ZSL-92s, or Bs on Large. The Tiger has superior LGs and Hydras for air to air combat, and that's a fact, yes putting it in a steep dive will probably end it's life, but it's still not a slow ass HJ-8. The AAV needs armor support to be effective or else it's just a witchhunt for it...

On the other hand, the Malyutka (HJ-73) on the ZSL-92B is simply not effective in an ambush position against Leopards because it cannot achieve a frontal kill, and travels at a ridiculously slow rate, perhaps assign it the damage of a Refleks ATGM, considering the HJ-73C does about 800mm of RHAe penetration, which means it can probably kill a Leopard that took a LAT before or some terrain damage, but that's wishful thinking.

http://www.pmulcahy.com/atgm/chinese_atgm.htm
Last edited by X-Alt; 2015-08-16 at 14:25..
Old 2015-08-16, 17:10   #28
qs-racer
Supporting Member

Just remove one Leo and change one Puma ATGM to normal Puma.

I already saw a chinese tank kill both german tank in 2 minutes (with comander and spotter to report exact location ), but yes, the atgm from puma end it and then German can't be stop.

Don't add any asset, just change or remove some.
qs-racer is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, map, shan, wanda