project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
19 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2013-05-26, 09:36   #1
Turkish007
Default PR: Turkish Armed Forces?

Hello all,

First of all, I am pretty new to this forum, but I am a constant follower of PR updates and devblogs. Im also very interested in v1.0.

Well, I know a lot of time ago someone started a topic which was suggesting TAF for PR, but it didnt come to life. Now, Im here to ask if someone wants to revive the PR:TAF project, because I think I got the first model for TAF ready:

Its the Mercedes Unimog, made by Shilka234 for a long dead project. I've got the files for it, but I cant modify it since I cant really mod anything other than some basic coding for BF2.

Im trying to revive this, since I would really love to see my country in an awesome mod like PR. I sincerely believe it will breathe new life into PR, and be a really cool element in the mod, since TAF is the major power in middle east.

We allready got most of the weapons ready in PR, such as G3A3, MG3, PKM, etc... which are also used by Turkey, and some aircraft like the Blackhawk and Ah1z cobra could also be used for TAF if they get retextured. And if we find a modeller, we could start with some basic vehicle modelling, like adding the T-122 Sakarya MLRS system on the MAN truck the British army currently uses:

Maybe the Zipkin AA rocket system mounted on this vehicle:

And then we could move on to modelling the Otokar Cobra IFV, BMC Kirpi MRAP, M60 Sabra (which is a really heavily modified M60 used to fight terrorists in the Eastern region), and of course the Otokar ALTAY.

We could have some really good weapons like JNG90 sniper rifle, HK33, and of course the ASELSAN "python" scope:

Then, we could have some epic battles at Operation Sun 2008, where TAF rolled into north iraq and finished off the PKK under heavy snow conditions, or a blitzkrieg style Operation Hammer, or even some fictional battles against MEC, where TAF takes Mosul and Kirkuk, which are in the original borders of Turkey designated in 1920.

And I heard PR team is looking for some more OPFOR factions rather than BLUFOR factions, we could get PKK as an OPFOR faction? We could also have maps where they fight the US or MEC? Or maybe another OPFOR: the North Iraq Peshmerga? some battles Peshmerga vs. MEC?

If you like my idea, and you are willing to help, please respond. Thank you a lot
Turkish007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 09:49   #2
Microwaife

If you can get a team together and start working on this, then this can be done. The problem is we already have alot of community Factions. Especially BLUEFOR ones and the Turkish Armed Forces are definitely BLUEFOR since they are part of the NATO.

Also the other community Factions lack manpower in pretty much every aspect and they are already having a hard time getting their models and maps done. A new Faction from scratch will take atleast 1-2 years to be accomplished. I always think its awesome how many people want to contribute but atm I would say... finish the other community factions first, then worry about new ones. Maybe you can help out one of those factions with some coding stuff?

Microwaife is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 10:00   #3
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: PR: Turkish Armed Forces?

And although it can be done, adding artillery into PR in the form of MLRS is not something I'm looking forward too I would focus on other vehicles and weapon systems first. Just the usual:
-kits
-weapons and attachements
-APC/IFV/TANK/JEEP/trucks
-Transport/recon/attack heli
-jets

Good luck!

Mineral is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 10:20   #4
Turkish007

Thanks for the wishes guys... I'll announce this on ModDB of mine, hope to get some more modders to help me. If anyone wants to contribute, please post here.
Old 2013-05-26, 12:29   #5
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

thread moved.

Our target is to get the current Official ComFacs sorted and focus our power to those.

Feel free to gather your Team here in the Community Modding and if you show your progress here and if you can impress me with your progress and your ComFac we will talk again about getting an official ComFac

cheers @ndy

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 13:27   #6
Turkish007

Ok, thank you @ndy.

So is there anyone who wants to join me?
Old 2013-05-26, 14:12   #7
SShadowFox

These new Dev Team tags looks so sexy, I want one of those to me.

BTW, you can start learning the basics, or you can suggest that for the Syrian Conflict mini-mod led by Mineral, I don't think he will give full support, but if you get a team will help a lot, because they won't need to focus only on the Turks, they would also be able to help on the Syrian Army and the Syrian Rebels, as well as their team can help on the Turks.

[R-DEV]Spec:The suggestion is not accepted, I merely wanted to comment.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 18:54   #8
Turkish007

That sounds ok, I'll try to gather a team
Old 2013-05-26, 19:52   #9
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Also make sure you find voice actors . Better make sure you have them, as it may take some time finding people with decent voices and something to record them with.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 17:33   #10
Turkish007

I think I know where I can find Turkish voices I've got one source, but if they refuse or cant help, I'll move on to plan B.

Tags
armed, forces, turkish