project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
17 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2011-11-29, 23:04   #1
Who Dares Wins

Default [Faction Concept] Indonesian National Armed Forces

Indonesian National Armed Forces
Faction Team Recruitment

Evening all.

I know what you're all thinking "oh look, another wannabe faction" and yes sadly I am here with a faction proposal thread. As I will elaborate on below this thread is twofold intended to see if there would be any interest slash support from people and secondly as recruitment for potential team members. Anyway, on with the thread...

To start off with, the most obvious benefit of this faction is providing an OPFOR for both the Australian and New Zealand Defence Forces faction, allowing them to be found on maps outside of the typical Middle Eastern insurgency without requiring an all too contrived reason. It was established very early on in the ADF development that their antagonist in Project Reality's "story" would be Indonesia and I did search through the forums for a while because honestly I was shocked nobody has given this faction a crack in the past and if I missed where others have I do apologise for wasting your time. I understand the Aussies have some Indonesian Insurgent skins but this is a proposal for the conventional armed forces rather than... well, insurgents.

The Indonesian Army present an interesting twist to the OPFOR factions in that they use a mixture of both Eastern AND Western equipment and assets, something that OPFOR thus far have been lacking in for obvious reasons. This provides another conventional OPFOR force with main battle tanks, attack helicopters and the like of which many are western in design (such as the Lepoard and even the Apache). Many people have proposed the notion of pitting BLUFOR factions up against each other and I feel the Indonesian Army would be a nice balance of this as well as a relatively plausable OPFOR antagonist for the Australian and New Zealand Defence Forces (plus anybody else who wanted to get in on it).

------------------------------------------------------------------

Recruitment

The intention of his thread is two fold: first of all to see if there would be any support for another OPFOR faction and secondly as a recruitment thread to see if anybody would at all be interested in aiding with this project. Before the inevitable question is asked I am quite aware that I'm not one with experience in the whole coding department, I am however in the process of refining my mapping skills with the Editor in order to provide for this faction (and the ADF/NZDF factions that would be fighting on them). Animations, Coding, Texturers, you know the drill. Put simply this is a complete blank slate and require any and all who would be willing to volunteer their skills on a practical level for this project.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Design Plan #1

I have put together a rough initial design plan for this project below. Do be aware this is subject to change and most likely will as we get (if) people onboard, refine decisions on what shall go into it and the like.

[Work In Progress] Design Plan #1

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware Wank

Well, that is the text part out of the way. As with any good presentation (even if this one is rather shite in my opinion) there come with it the obligitory pictures of military hardware:

Pindad SS2-V1

The SS2 is an updated version of the Pindad SS1. Although the SS1 is the main service rifle of the Indonesian Army they are starting to phase it out and what with Project Reality being set twenty minutes into the future it makes sense to go with the SS2.

Pindad SS2-V4

Basicly the carrying handle of the V1 replaced with a picatinny rail for scope mounting as a designated marksman rifle. The front sight has been removed and the barrel lengthened and accurized to improve accuracy

Pindad SS2-V5

A compact version of the SS2-V1. In terms of Kits this would likely be given to the Combat Engineer and Crewman.

Pindad P2

A local copy of the Browning Hi-Power.

Pindad SPR-1

Sniper kit. Of course.

Pindad SM3

A locally produced copy of the FN Minimi.

You can find a list of the rest of the equipment on the Design Plan above but for the most part screenshots are of existing Indonesian equipment rather than that found in other forces.

Leopard Main Battle Tank

The Indonesian Army currently has 100 Leopard 2A6 units on order. Just because I obviously lack an Indonesian specific picture I'll toss you a German one. Please don't eat me for it.

AMX-13

A light tank of which 300 are currently in service.

Pindad APS-3 "Anoa"

An APC developed by PT Pindad of Indonesia. The APS-3 is named after the Anoa, which is a type of buffalo indigenous to Indonesia.

Bell 412

The one in the picture of from a Bell in service with the Indonesian Navy but you get the point.

AH-64 Apache

An OPFOR faction with the Apache? HERESY! Still, the Indonesian Army has 8 of these on order so enjoy a random one.

Happy Fun Random Solder Screen Time

---------------------------------------------------------

In Closing

Well, there you have it ladies and gentlemen. I know there are people out there who roll their eyes every time another faction proposal is thrown up but I do hope this gets some positive interest. Remember that all forms of assistance will be appreciated with this since... well, it is early days and whether you're a coder, modeller or budding mapper then drop me a line and we will talk!

I will continue to update both this thread and the design plan when needed.

In-Game: OscarCharlieDelta
Ironicly my name isn't Oscar or Charlie...
Last edited by Who Dares Wins; 2011-11-29 at 23:15..
Old 2011-11-30, 21:32   #2
[R-DEV]​Airsoft
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: [Faction Concept] Indonesian National Armed Forces

I would love to see an Indonesian faction in PR, as much as I would love to help, I have no experience with modding...but since i'm Indonesian if you need any voice overs hit me up

Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 21:45   #3
Shovel
Supporting Member

I seems like it would be too much work, without much use of the faction. Where would they fight?

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 03:21   #4
Who Dares Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovel View Post
I seems like it would be too much work, without much use of the faction. Where would they fight?
This is actually covered in the thread.

In-Game: OscarCharlieDelta
Ironicly my name isn't Oscar or Charlie...
Who Dares Wins is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 06:12   #5
40mmrain
Supporting Member

mite b cool.

I suppose, considering a fair amount of the vehicles and weapons are already within the game, this is a more doable project. All I can i say is good luck, and dont set release dates, lol.
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 11:34   #6
Doc.Pock

cool. i have some knowledge, and i have time so if you want help i can do some texture stuff and see if ill finish my map
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 13:46   #7
Zemciugas

Dear God those rifles look ugly. It doesn't look like much work either. Mostly reskin and a few new weapons. Good luck.

Zemciugas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 12:05   #8
Wakain

as much as I like and support you proposal, having found the lack of updates on the ADF's primary foe equally disturbing, there is a little line in your text I would like to respond on:
Quote:
The Indonesian Army present an interesting twist to the OPFOR factions in that they use a mixture of both Eastern AND Western equipment and assets, something that OPFOR thus far have been lacking in for obvious reasons.
MEC and Hamas spring to mind, as well as the introduction of the FN FAL to the insurgents' (and Taliban?) arsenal and the m60 to the Rebels' arsenal in more recent updates, as well, again, as the upcoming U.A. comfac, which also features quite sound a mix of western and eastern assets. Unless you are, of course, referring to the far east, in this case you are quite splendidly right.
Wakain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 12:12   #9
Doc.Pock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakain View Post
-snip-
nevertheless this faction is much more mixed then MEC which only like have the G3 of the western stuff. this would be like a coalition between US and RU arsenal with some weirdos in it lol
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 15:20   #10
simeon5541

This is good faction with powerful army,
I would like to see it in-game but you alone would be a weak team
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armed, concept, faction, forces, indonesian, national