project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
14 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2007-01-06, 20:34   #1
Leo

Default Enemy Spotted

I don't know if this is hard coded, but I think it would improve game play if you were able to assign a button to be enemy spotted. Say you're a sniper, your first priority is to spot enemies, your second is to kill them, but when you press Q and spot them, that might give them the chance to escape and find cover, now say your middle mouse is the "enemy spotted" button, all you do is press it and voila you can shoot and spot at the same time.
Leo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 21:04   #2
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I don't see how pressing Q and clicking takes so much longer then pressing the middle mouse key.

Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 21:19   #3
huleboeren

Send a message via MSN to huleboeren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
I don't know if this is hard coded, but I think it would improve game .... now say your middle mouse is the "enemy spotted" button, all you do is press it and voila you can shoot and spot at the same time.
I dont know how many fingers you have - but I use my pointing finger to shoot and my 'F' finger to zoom.
Which means, that if I have to press the middlemouse, I have to take my pointing finger off the shooting key.
So its impossible for me to spot that way..
Your finger-setup may be different so

(You friggin alien)

But yes, I would be nice to have the choice..

huleboeren is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 22:05   #4
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever
Supporting Member

Anyone know if this can be assigned to a G15 keyboard "G" key?.... it's been bugging me for some time.
I know the commo-rose can but I'd like just "Enemy Spotted" & not have to click the mouse.
Yeah, yeah: I'm a lazy sod

What's French for deja vu?
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 22:12   #5
Wasteland

I just don't like how sometimes you'll try to spot guys (or worse, a tank) while you and your squad are trying to be stealth, and instead you accidently fire a round at them.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
enemy, spotted