project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
17 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2014-09-21, 15:01   #1
NikkiDennis6
Default Invalid CD Key...

Hello everyone!
Last night i decided to give PR a shot,and it was awesome...till this morning.
I tried to get on the same server i played on last night (Free Candy Van PRTA,if this helps in any way).It worked fine,and when i tried to connect to the same server,it said i have a invalid cd key and i should check if its valid going to the launchers support section.Did that and it didnt do ****.I went to PRTA's TS3 channel,i talked to a admin and he told me to change my key in regedit in this particular form: x9392KEY.So i did.I noticed that before i changed the key,that the value of the registry was in a form of a hash code (example: x9392a0bsa5daf1a5wda222a2a3deawe6).After i changed my CD key,i was able to get on the server again and keep on playing.I went off and i came back this afternoon,and i got the same error.I checked the regedit file,and it turned to the hashcode again.Why does this keep happening?

-Thanks Fowardly!
NikkiDennis6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 15:44   #2
MaSSive

Default Re: Invalid CD Key...

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...ml#post2027897

First key you used is tied to your machine. Presumably in master server database I guess, so changing it wont help, as BD stated on that linked thread.

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 16:45   #3
NikkiDennis6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSSive View Post
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...ml#post2027897

First key you used is tied to your machine. Presumably in master server database I guess, so changing it wont help, as BD stated on that linked thread.
Well,i still dont understand why does the error occur?This only happens to certain servers,and the hashcode i told you about does change as you change the CD key using regedit.
NikkiDennis6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 09:03   #4
My_Self

Does the hash in Support -> Keys tab change when you change the key in regedit? If it doesn't, read the thread linked by Massive further.
My_Self is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
invalid, key