project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
06 Dec 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2021-09-22, 17:11   #1
rogdozz
Default Kokan Insurgency Large

Now that we have off-map airbases in the game, I would like to suggest a new layer that makes use of it: Insurgency Large.

The defining feature of this layer would be A-10C close air support that replaces the Kiowa air support on the STD layer. I think it would be an interesting add of variety, and also I hope that it will make CAS less of a constant nuisance for the insurgents, because a plane will take much longer to land and rearm. Also I think it would be cool to see an A-10 used against insurgents like it is in real life, rather than against conventional forces like on other maps.

Is it possible to change the loadout of the A-10 just for this map? I think it would help the balance if it has no rockets and a lower number of ammo and bombs. Also remove the commander UAV entirely for this layer so the A-10 has to rely on infantry reconnaissance, lazing etc.

Other than that, give the Americans the usual Humvees, Logi, Stryker APC, and a Chinook helicopter. Insurgents should obviously get at least one AAV and the rest being as usual.
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-24, 19:06   #2
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Default Re: Kokan Insurgency Large

I like this idea. Could also be used on other INS maps, like having an F-15 on Musa Qala.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-24, 23:33   #3
rogdozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBigMonkeyMan View Post
I like this idea. Could also be used on other INS maps, like having an F-15 on Musa Qala.
I thought about that too, but Musa Qala is such a nice infantry-based map because it has no CAS, I would like it to stay that way. If we add a layer that has CAS then the assetwhores will always play that and it would ruin the map for me. Kokan on the other hand already has a layer with CAS, so nothing would change that's why I want this in Kokan
Old 2021-09-25, 00:52   #4
Coalz101

Sadly CAS depending on Inf doesn't exist because Inf doesn't communicate with heavy assets at all unless its too late. And Honestly, an a10 on Kokan is a bit excess, I mean the map is only like ~2.5 - 3KM of the 2km^2 area of actual usable terrain.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 21:53   #5
Cheerio

Post Re: Kokan Insurgency Large

I like this idea
Cheerio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 22:01   #6
Brotherscompany

Kokan is already the peak of the example about being fucked by Assets and not being able to do much against them.

This already occurs with CAS (shot out for that match where DanielJ15 famed 108 kills with CAS and no one could kill him). Add a plane to the mix and you just increase the frustration of being powerless.
Imo even with the AAV you are 1 laze away of being doomed or having some random dude taking the asset since its INS and everyone is fucking around.
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 07:53   #7
rogdozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
Kokan is already the peak of the example about being fucked by Assets and not being able to do much against them.

This already occurs with CAS (shot out for that match where DanielJ15 famed 108 kills with CAS and no one could kill him). Add a plane to the mix and you just increase the frustration of being powerless.
Imo even with the AAV you are 1 laze away of being doomed or having some random dude taking the asset since its INS and everyone is fucking around.
Well I’m not talking about adding an A-10, I want it to replace the Kiowas. So you’d have only one CAS to worry about and it won’t be like Kiowa where it can rearm and be back in action in less than 2 minutes; It will have to land on a runway to rearm which takes time. Also for a plane it’s harder to attack targets of opportunity, it will have to rely on target intel from infantry. I hope that it will create a meta where the A-10 is loitering most of the time and only attacking when it has specific target info from infantry, instead of constantly fucking the insurgents without any breaks like the two Kiowas do.