project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
24 May 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2022-01-24, 07:45   #71
[R-CON]​LangMaster
PR:BF2 Contributor

Default Re: (Vehicle) Stryker MGS - M1128 Mobile Gun System

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
Think ejection hatch irl has two door. You can see it in videos and here.
Only the bottom plate should flop out, i mean even warthunder has the same idea, i am not saying that warthunder is realistic as they are also still a game but i am pretty sure only one door it is for the mechanism to work.

Edit: never mind you are actually right, that thing flops out too, interesting the more you know, the whole thing is almost like a cat trap door but she still will scratch the doors to make you open them.

DISCORD - Suportík#2870
Last edited by LangMaster; 2022-01-24 at 07:51..
Old 2022-01-24, 09:07   #72
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Looking good, what camo said and you also need to model the entire cupola/mg mount + shield too, otherwise you're better off with the hatch being closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LangMaster View Post
and added the radiator on the right with the fans, it looks... mediocre but it should do just fine.
https://i.imgur.com/aVBQART.jpg
All your UVs/Textures for highly visible parts should all be the same resolution, or in some exceptions a bit higher but your new radiator texture UV is really low rez compared to everything around it and looks really bad as a result. Either you need to rejig your UVs so everything is around the same resolution or you need to get rid of it as it looks worse with than without right now.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-24, 15:49   #73
[R-CON]​LangMaster

Well, back to the drawing board.

DISCORD - Suportík#2870
LangMaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 05:30   #74
[R-CON]​LangMaster

DISCORD - Suportík#2870
Old 2022-01-28, 05:05   #75
[R-CON]​LangMaster

I made both of the doors at the back of the turret.
Also the radiator should now look way better that before.
I am right now slightly shifting the UV for the back of the vehicle as some of the boxes are really low texture.
Also modeled in the machine gun shield, it is without a texture for now, and i am sure i will just bake the details around the windows into the texture.

DISCORD - Suportík#2870
Old 2022-02-03, 16:50   #76
[R-CON]​LangMaster

I decided to make my own wheels. I think i will put some bolts onto them as a normal map.
Those wheels are the same model as from the original stryker, i just remade the UV map and did a whole new texture with normal map and ambient oclusion.
There are still some small things that needs changes but it's looking pretty decent so far.
Do you guys have anything on mind i should put in ?

DISCORD - Suportík#2870
Old 2022-02-03, 17:26   #77
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

looks awesome!

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-04, 03:16   #78
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Probably an annoying thought so forgive me but given this vehicle will primarily be used for our Iraq and Afghanistan war maps, we should probably pay attention to some of the anachronistic modifications on it.

The first would be the air conditioning units, they weren't added until 2010 so if we want to be pedantic we would need a version without it.
The second is the gun shield for the commander, it seems to be a later version of gun shield than what was used in Iraq and Afghanistan. The version you've got on your model looks like it didn't exist until 2015ish so far as I can see.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-04, 04:12   #79
[R-CON]​LangMaster

That is why i ask, everything can be easily removed or edited, i can make a version without these. i will just need to remake the ambient oclusion manualy behind the AC

DISCORD - Suportík#2870
Old 2022-02-06, 11:54   #80
[R-CON]​LangMaster

I removed the AC and changed the shield, of course i have both versions saved modern and the old.
and gave wheels some love.
i've seen some pictures of this vehicle being used with camo nets, what is the reason that we don't have them on vehicles in pr?

It felt a bit empty so i added this instead.

I would like to make the rest of stryker family like the ATGM version but that one uses the in game body so i can just do the turret, i would like to try and make the M SHORAD version though that one was not in any action yet. I will definitely make a cage for the 50cal version that is already in game so it's complete.

DISCORD - Suportík#2870
Last edited by LangMaster; 2022-02-06 at 18:23..