project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 May 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-02-29, 18:03   #71
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Welcome back!

You don't need BF2, PR is now a standalone game. Check out the downloads section (menu is on top of this page).

Once installed, you'll have to create a new player account, since the Gamespy servers no longer exist - instead we have our own Master Server .

There are no real stats.

PR Spy is nice to know, you'll find it in the menu as well. You can easily check how many people are online and if friends are playing.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 18:40   #72
[R-DEV]​MasterX
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [NEW PLAYERS] Welcome to Project Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouser View Post
Forgive me if ive posted in the wrong place.
I have recently dusted off my old computer to get back into playing BF2 and PR only to find its been brought out in the back 40 and Put down, i have also heard there are those still keeping it alive and this makes me very happy.
My question is where can i get a download of the game and all its patches etc? i have the original disks but im thinking the key probably wont work, i have heard its better to download it. Basically any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

additionally: is there still a place that keeps track of stats? i haven't played since maybe 2008-ish so basically im new again, i was pleasantly surprised i still had an account on this site.
Hi and welcome back!

There is no need to have BF2 as PR went standalone. Meaning you can download, install and play right away! Please visit Downloads | Project Reality and download the .iso from there. Make sure you read the installation guide aswell.

As far as the stats goes, there is no tracking system in PR.

Cheers,

MasterX

MasterX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 04:58   #73
Revy

Just joined. Was looking for a realistic military team game I could play with microphone and Squad is probably 2 years off from completion. So here I am. I'm into heavy military RP so looking forward to it.
Revy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 20:22   #74
grouser

Id like to thank you for your help with PR. unfortunately after a long drawn out process to get it installed and running i found my system cant handle it ,very frustrated, so i will have to wait untill i have a new machine built and then try again, in the interim... I was wondering if you might know where i could download whatever it is i would need and play just plain ole bf2? if anybody is even playing it anymore. im getting a bit lost with all the different things im finding on the web.
thank you for your time.
grouser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 22:02   #75
Leafybe
Post Help! Need someone to teach. Me pr

Hi there

Im sebastian an searching for someone to teach me pr
I have 0 experience so......

Thx!
Last edited by Leafybe; 2016-03-13 at 14:08.. Reason: to much personal information
Old 2016-03-13, 23:41   #76
MitrePlays

how do i get in any vehicle i have the crew and pilot kit put how do i get in a vehicle help im dumb
MitrePlays is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 01:18   #77
iglotruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitrePlays View Post
how do i get in any vehicle i have the crew and pilot kit put how do i get in a vehicle help im dumb
I'd take a look at the manual if I were you, there's a lot of useful stuff for you to learn there.
iglotruck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 05:55   #78
Tommygun
PR Server License Moderator

@grouser....you running windows 3.1 or something? Your machine has to be pretty old to not run this 11? year old game. What were the issues and what are your specs?
Tommygun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 00:10   #79
calcal

Great post, I'm currently sat on a boring nightshift reading through everything haha Only played a few games to try and get used to it all, Loving the game so far! And it seems we have a pretty bad ass community! Can't wait to get stuck in properly
calcal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 08:30   #80
ZektorSK

My first game was pretty bad experience....

I was walking alone fighting and so on,I found one guy who was too alone and together made squad... some other guys connected and when I didn't healed SL cuz I had some business first with Insurgents,he kicked me....

Screw you veterans... also, Fallujah West <3
ZektorSK is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
players, project, reality