project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
30 Mar 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2018-02-07, 09:40   #21
anantdeathhawk

Default Re: Helicopter responsiveness

Yesterday i flew the Z-9B on Black gold, and it was pure joy, other than what's been discussed here regarding the flight model, i think its far better than before and was amazing.I dogged a rocket/missile or a round midflight, which came to me head-on and the chopper responded really well and turned quickly and saved the lives of the soldiers(players)

Thanks!
anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 20:29   #22
anantdeathhawk

The sokol CAS chopper is very sensitive on controls, decreasing the sensitivity would help me, can't say about others.
Thanks.
Old 2018-03-15, 21:56   #23
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

The Sokol/Gazelle is modelled pretty realistically. It is an extremely hard helicopter to fly in real life, but also pretty fast.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 03:46   #24
DogACTUAL

I think he meant the new PL attack helicopter.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 08:47   #25
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Hmmmm, time to take a look at wargame and check how it's fast it's spinning there

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 09:00   #26
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
I think he meant the new PL attack helicopter.
Pretty sure hes talking about the gazelle, as the new PL helicopter is rather easy to fly compared to other helicopters in general.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 11:02   #27
anantdeathhawk

Sorry for the confusion, i meant the new PL attack chopper on iron ridge. It felt pretty hard to me, very sensitive, a little bit tilt forward and it runs like hell. Can't attack like we can with USMC Cobra/venom ie diving will firing rockets with less acceleration as compared to sokol PL attack chopper. I do acknowledge they are pretty different choppers but still, could be able to do. Feels like how some of the chopper flew in old PR versions, very sensitive on controls. The Z-9B of the PLA used to be very sensitive on controls too, but after the new updates maybe changes in the flight model, its has become very easy and stable.
I don't know if it was calibrated for a joystick's sensitivity as we can change the sensitivity of the keyboard.
Old 2018-03-21, 13:20   #28
anantdeathhawk

NH-90 of the german forces is also very sensitive to controls.
Old 2018-04-06, 07:50   #29
HOLLYWOODY
Banned

Is there any consideration to bumping the speeds back up a few percentage points? Also, what was the reason for slowing them down?
HOLLYWOODY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 21:41   #30
DogACTUAL

Last i heard Rpoxo was working on adding more gravity to the helicopters (faster dives) and in turn making their speeds realistic again, while also consequently removing any capability to fly upside down for extended periods, which would also get rid of the buggy upside down check (that has a tendency to rek your helicopter on slightest provocation). Don't know when it will be released for every helo, but one helicopter ingame already has it if u wanna test it (CH-47).
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
helicopter, responsiveness