project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
30 Mar 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2011-12-23, 09:31   #1
RGG:Dale

Default Armed Assault (1,2 and the future ones)

Well for some reason there wasn't an armed assault thread in the Off topic forums? I searched but could find one, anyway Armed Assault is a great game, buy it!

Also Armed Assault 2 known simply as Arma 2, you should buy that too.

And Arma 3 is coming out in 2012 (summer)

It is a very customisable game with lots of mods and interesting features, one of the great features about the modding side is its availability and how easy it is to customise the game.

there are also many great mods out there which fullfill the needs of many whether it is wasting time because your bored or working in a team trying to complete an objective.

Of course I am going to advertise the PR mod first but your on this forum so go look for yourselves

The other few mods that i play are the zombie mod(Chernarus Apocalypse), its alot like real life, very little ammo and alot more fun than L4D or COD zombies.

I also play Chernarus Life Ultimate (sad name I know :/) but whatever you see on the outside is not what it looks like on the inside

My last bit of information is that recently they have released a patch (on steam too) which has fixed the multi-player lag and rubber banding issues with interpolation.

To discuss are the following:

What mod you play (except pr)
Events (not pr)
Post pics (that can be pr)
what mod your working on
links to good arma sites
and many more

I am sorry if there has been a thread created before but I've searched many different variations and nothing came up with Arma as a centre piece of the discussion or as a thread title.(if there is delete this one or link it to the other if poss)
RGG:Dale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 09:34   #2
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Armed Assault (1,2 and the future ones)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGG:Dale View Post
The other few mods that i play are the zombie mod(Chernarus Apocalypse), its alot like real life, very little ammo and alot more fun than L4D or COD zombies.
Is it for ARMA1 or ARMA2? Got any links?

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 09:40   #3
Navo

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Is it for ARMA1 or ARMA2? Got any links?
Arma 2

Armaholic - Chernarus Apocalypse - Part One Co-10 (@) - Co-op missions
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 09:45   #4
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Sounds interesting, may give it a go.

Old 2011-12-23, 10:06   #5
RGG:Dale

He has just given you part one, there's three parts overall with the last one being the best, I would advise going at it with at least 5 people ive tried it by myself and I get chomped (also the guy with the GPS and weapons locations doesn't have a weapon :/)

If you do download it Rhino give me a shout and ill get a load of the RGG guys on for a shits n giggles evening , its a good laugh if you get 10 guys on as usually someone lags behind and then gets surrounded by zombies

Part 2
Armaholic - Chernarus Apocalypse - Part Two Co-10 (@) - Co-op missions

Part 3
Armaholic - Chernarus Apocalypse - Part Three Co-10 (@) - Co-op missions

This is my favourite part about Part 3 as its the scariest

SPOILER ALERT

RGG:Dale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 10:15   #6
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

lol, missed the spoiler alert bit, but it dose actually look really good
L4D feels way too closed off a lot of the time, even in the forest maps etc where you have to stick to the path but this sounds interesting with ARMAs wide landscapes :d

Will see what Rich and some other nubs think and might have a little Really Gay Guys reunion

Old 2011-12-23, 11:41   #7
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7

I got A2 and OA, but I generally prefer to hide inside the editor messing around.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 03:21   #8
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

the zombie thing looks a hella interesting
rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 11:27   #9
[R-DEV]​Ninja2dan

I still have my old copy of OFP packed up somewhere, but it's been retired. I also had a copy of Arma 1 but don't recall where I put it. And I have the CO version of Arma 2, but had to uninstall it. I got used to running VBS 1/2 on military/gov computers, mine barely plays SP without lag and once I go adding ACE or other goodies or try online, it's just not cutting it.

One of the big things I've seen with Arma is that a lot of people complain that the graphics aren't up to par with other modern games, and that the controls are a bit too complex. But that's exactly what the game focuses on, lots of detail and "micromanagement".

The graphics might not be equal to other flashy games like BF3 or the newer COD titles or something, but the level of detail surpasses everything else. I prefer Arma for realistic combat operations, but at times it's just not the game of choice when you want to spend 30 minutes killing people or blowing stuff up.

Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 12:37   #10
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Ninja2dan View Post
One of the big things I've seen with Arma is that a lot of people complain that the graphics aren't up to par with other modern games, and that the controls are a bit too complex. But that's exactly what the game focuses on, lots of detail and "micromanagement".

The graphics might not be equal to other flashy games like BF3 or the newer COD titles or something, but the level of detail surpasses everything else. I prefer Arma for realistic combat operations, but at times it's just not the game of choice when you want to spend 30 minutes killing people or blowing stuff up.
it definitely doesnt surpass BF3s level of detail,
the map size and such yes it does because arma2 does have much bigger ones
but models, model textures, it doesnt come close (especially on the vehicles and character models) the weapon models in BF3 IMHO could be better, because the rails are textured instead of being properly modeled.
and COD, cod has nothing to offer anymore in this day and age.

armas complexity isnt from the game its self being complex, DCS a10 is complex but you dont really see people complaining about that, because DCS a10 is streamlined and the controls are intuitive and actually make sense, arma 2 has none of that, the controls can be done much better, and much simpler and still have the same amount of functionality
TLDR: arma2 has pointless complexity

There is only one unforgivable lie That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.? The Great Khan.

40k is deep like that.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
armed, assault, future