project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
19 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2014-05-12, 18:24   #1011
Murphy

Murphy's Avatar
Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

Yea but it is pretty important to set-up the whole "pretend to be Theon" plot that got rolling. I find it rather odd they they couldn't just slaughter the dogs, I'm sure it's easier to stab a dog jumping at you than a handful of trained combatants....but what do I know about sword fighting?

Tyrion is boss, that is all.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 18:32   #1012
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Rudd's Avatar
Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

Can't wait for Bolton's bastard to get killed

Loved Tyrion's speech, really felt for the guy!


Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 19:05   #1013
mitchverr

mitchverr's Avatar
Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Yea but it is pretty important to set-up the whole "pretend to be Theon" plot that got rolling. I find it rather odd they they couldn't just slaughter the dogs, I'm sure it's easier to stab a dog jumping at you than a handful of trained combatants....but what do I know about sword fighting?

Tyrion is boss, that is all.
Dogs trained to rip and maim people tend to be alot harder to kill, big reason people in history actually used war dogs, they are very, very dangerous to people not completely covered in armour. Some dogs dont even let go till their dying breath and could have their guts ripped out from under them, though this isnt known to well and thus it came across awkwardly.


'Ear all, see all, say nowt;
Eyt all, sup all, pay nowt;
And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt - Do it fer thissen
mitchverr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 19:21   #1014
Murphy

Murphy's Avatar
Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchverr View Post
Dogs trained to rip and maim people tend to be alot harder to kill, big reason people in history actually used war dogs, they are very, very dangerous to people not completely covered in armour. Some dogs dont even let go till their dying breath and could have their guts ripped out from under them, though this isnt known to well and thus it came across awkwardly.
I don't doubt the dogs would surely inflict casualties but they looked pretty well armored up for a raid. I still think if they were geared up to take on the guard/castle watch it could have been true that they were protected from the dogs (naturally a dog will not want to let go after it's first bite, there are a few exceptions, but that is why Rottweilers aren't too common amongst guard dogs - they are good for one bite).

Regardless I guess it was a quick way to write off the raid, it just felt it had less thought into it than the rest of the story as a whole.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 19:24   #1015
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Rudd's Avatar
Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

there's also the issue of trying to fight hand to hand against the last bad guys when a dog has hold of your foot


Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 08:18   #1016
Murphy

Murphy's Avatar
Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
there's also the issue of trying to fight hand to hand against the last bad guys when a dog has hold of your foot
Therein lies the problem I failed to see. I guess when you're preoccupied with killing a dog you let your guard down.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 08:40   #1017
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

DesmoLocke's Avatar
Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke
Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

I think we can all agree that Indira Varma as Ellaria Sand needs more screen time.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline
Last edited by DesmoLocke; 2014-05-13 at 11:21..
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 08:52   #1018
carmikaze
Supporting Member

carmikaze's Avatar
Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

No.

7chars
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 11:17   #1019
HunterMed
Supporting Member

HunterMed's Avatar
Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmikaze View Post
No.

7chars
indeed..

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 11:38   #1020
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Midnight_o9's Avatar
Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

I think we can all agree that Peter Dinklage is in a good position for the Emmy after this scene.
Midnight_o9 is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
>, game, hold the door, ogre says nerds, poxo is ghey, series, spoilers, they all die, thrones
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 17:51.