project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
12 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-07-11, 11:56   #3081
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Mortars are fine... i know...

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 15:19   #3082
Psyko

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
What if i told you they already are:

http://prntscr.com/k4syry

http://prntscr.com/k4t0oh

feel free to download the Squad SDK and check out the rest of the damage stats if you feel like they are not up to your standards

are meters in squad the same distance as in real life?
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 17:49   #3083
DogACTUAL

The RNG thing where at a certain distance from the blast you have a certain chance to take a certain amount of DMG and the farther away you are, the lower the chance is, seems like a pretty good idea. It simulates fragmentation effects very well while eating up almost no resources like actually generating real fragments would.

Would satisfy both sides of the argument, fragmenting projectiles would have a big area of effect to make people go for cover from the potential danger, but people would still have a good chance to get away fine if a mortar explodes say 10m away from them.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 10:46   #3084
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Had some incredible rounds on the PRTA | Shock & Awe Server yesterday, can definitely recommend it.
carmikaze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 14:12   #3085
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Do you have any recommendations for any servers or maybe discord groups(puke) even? Because if I try to play on any random server this is usually the result. I don't have a 100 hours in Squad so I'm not an expert by far. And I've played since SL backers got to play whenever that was. TG so far is the only consistent server worth playing on that I've tried.

NOTE: The videos above is not from defending a flag for hours. It's like 5 minutes.

Last edited by sweedensniiperr; 2018-11-29 at 14:21..
Old 2018-11-29, 14:32   #3086
[R-CON]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

5 minutes for a squad player is like an hour for a PR player (I guess).

prta is known for his lack of "authority" on cheaters, your server your rules if you want to close an eye on him do so ~ A guy (who was proven to be a cheater next day) right after reporting another cheater
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 14:36   #3087
[R-MOD]Jeepo
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Do you have any recommendations for any servers or maybe discord groups(puke) even? Because if I try to play on any random server this is usually the result. I don't have a 100 hours in Squad so I'm not an expert by far. And I've played since SL backers got to play whenever that was. TG so far is the only consistent server worth playing on that I've tried.

NOTE: The videos above is not from defending a flag for hours. It's like 5 minutes.
Thanks for the vote of confidence [MENTION=38951]sweedensniiperr[/MENTION] . We try hard to have a good server with active admins - you know, just like we had in PR - But that can be hard with the nature of Squad currently, however I think we do a good job. Its pretty telling that the Squad Devs play on our server pretty regularly..... Actually - we are having our first Scrim next weekend, the 21st, I encourage all the old PR guys, regardless of how things were in PR in the past, to Sign up here. Forgive the shocking whiteness of the forums - we are undergoing some upgrades and maintenance!

Squad is great but not without its issues and challenges. We need to push hard to help the Devs keep the game on track and true to its kick-starter goals of being the heir to PR. One of its biggest challenges is that it done so well attracting new players (which is fantastic) that we have an obligation to gently keep them on track and true to the teamwork focused gameplay that has for over a decade made all us PR players chase those highs - you know the ones, where your CAS hits the tank just as its turret points at your face.

Come play on Friday night and see how you do.

R-MOD Jeepo
Last edited by Jeepo; 2018-12-10 at 17:09..
Old 2018-12-10, 19:18   #3088
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post

SquadOps
TacticalGamer
[2.FJg]
[TLR] - The Last Rifles Gaming [EU/ENG]

Those have good admins imo. And attract good squad leaders often.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 20:03   #3089
[R-MOD]Jeepo
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
SquadOps
TacticalGamer
[2.FJg]
[TLR] - The Last Rifles Gaming [EU/ENG]

Those have good admins imo. And attract good squad leaders often.
I'm gonna just drop this here.....

Don't mind me...

R-MOD Jeepo
Jeepo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-17, 02:39   #3090
SGT.CHRISTIAN

I haven't been able to clock in more than 70 hours in this game, it just doesn't do it for me. A lot of the players are really casual and usually just fuck around, the gun play is "too easy", I hate that almost every fob is placed in a dumb position just like in the video above and the game somehow manages to look worse than PR.
SGT.CHRISTIAN is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
... hides behind, ..the alpha status, .for everything wrong, 5 fps, blur my screen, blurry, commercial, developers, game, inspired, katarn loves crysis, machinima, player forgot glass, poxo is ghey, pr > squad, prbf2, shit game, shitty blurry game, specs, squad