project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
18 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-07-06, 20:20   #3071
PatrickLA_CA

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

What do you mean? Squad's guns have actual sway unlike in PR and sure it could use some more tweaking to have it increase more after running/jumping etc but an experienced soldier can actually aim their rifle without having hand tremors.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 23:30   #3072
[R-CON]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Contributor

Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
The recruit kit is just for people without squads, there is no plans for locked leveling systems
Thanks that puts my worries to rest.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 00:39   #3073
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGeez View Post
Quick question, have the devs of squad ever considered Rapture3D (based on OpenAL) for Squad?
I mean its exactly the same as whats in PR and sure would add a more immersion. IT adds things like sound occlusion, head related transfer functions and reverb. I think it costs money but there is a free version. (without need of soundcard). Its a solid software IMO.
Bumping this question

PC FPS SINCE 1998 - PR Til I Die
Cheap / fast track upgrade for slow PR computer > Guide
WeeGeez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 15:10   #3074
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I dunno, you should ask that on the Squad forums probably .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 01:08   #3075
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterDune View Post
I dunno, you should ask that on the Squad forums probably .
It isn't going to be just you over there is it Roger?

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 14:22   #3076
DogACTUAL

Quote:
What do you mean? Squad's guns have actual sway unlike in PR and sure it could use some more tweaking to have it increase more after running/jumping etc but an experienced soldier can actually aim their rifle without having hand tremors.
I mean stuff like this: https://youtu.be/E3di1Lav7R4?t=1275
And this: https://youtu.be/HaiZUeLW2oI?t=25
Explosive and fragmenting weaponry having no punch. RPGs hitting walls next to the player with no effect.
If i wanted to have nerf gun level weapon systems i would play vanilla battlefield. Give weapon systems their proper punch, then balance gameplay around that by adjusting other factors (asset availability, number of counters like AT systems, for mortars stuff like reload, ammo and ROF).

SQUAD DEV team is developing with the assumption that giving weapon systems an authentic level of effectiveness will be 'unbalanced', even though PR is there proving that notion wrong and showing ways to balance out 'OP' weapons by adjusting various other factors.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 15:04   #3077
PatrickLA_CA

Ah, that makes sense. I agree with you in this case. Seems like explosives have very short lethal radius

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 16:33   #3078
[R-CON]​Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
the assumption that giving weapon systems an authentic level of effectiveness will be 'unbalanced'
What if i told you they already are:

http://prntscr.com/k4syry

http://prntscr.com/k4t0oh

feel free to download the Squad SDK and check out the rest of the damage stats if you feel like they are not up to your standards

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 17:14   #3079
DogACTUAL

Notive how i left out the frag grenades since they seemed alright. You didn't address any of the videos and other points though.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 00:48   #3080
[R-CON]​Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Notive how i left out the frag grenades since they seemed alright. You didn't address any of the videos and other points though.
I must have missed that then.

Not sure how much you play squad, but my personal experience is that explosive damage is pretty ok atm, the mortars could need a buff but other then that its pretty enjoyable, if you start boosting HE effect too much it just turns into a really bad experience where you feel like you are getting killed from all directions with little effort, and it would also greatly reduce firefight durations. (Say one HE RPG takes out a whole squad just by hitting anywhere near them)

All in all i dont agree with putting realism over well balanced gameplay, and even though squad tries to portray combat in an authentic way (just like PR have been for all these years), there still need to be a balance made to create a enjoyable experience for all players

As mentioned earlier, this is just my personal opinion

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
... hides behind, ..the alpha status, .for everything wrong, 5 fps, blur my screen, blurry, commercial, developers, game, inspired, katarn loves crysis, machinima, player forgot glass, poxo is ghey, pr > squad, prbf2, shit game, shitty blurry game, specs, squad