project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR2 Game Forums > PR2 General Discussion
21 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality 2 game.

Old 2014-03-13, 11:24   #1
Hyperfury
Default Type of Gameplay?

One of the things I loved about BF2 was the SF exp with grappling hooks, night vision ect, So I want to know/ask instead of having maps with 1 type of weather can/will we have different weather through a cycle like every map will have raining and sunlight and night time and people would have to adjust to the changes (maybe even a snow weather?) also will we have grappling hooks, NVG's? ect. Also from the FAQ I can already say this could be the most realistic game of this genre.
Hyperfury is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 17:48   #2
WarEagle751

Default Re: Type of Gameplay?

You mean a real time day-night and weather cycle like in Arma. Personally I would love an open world like Skyrim shooter game. If you want you can click on the map and spawn anywhere in that world.

For my banners click here!
WarEagle751 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 20:28   #3
Allan Davidson

There's no real time day-night circle in CE3 AFAIK. You can set the TOD manually, but it's strict.

I have a custom, real event SpecOps scenario datailed in my notepad. I'm working on structured details since my CPU burned, will resume work next month when my new cpu arrives.
Allan Davidson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 20:48   #4
WarEagle751

Well maybe not real time but just a day night and weather cycle like in Far Cry 2 or in Arma 2.

Old 2014-03-14, 10:22   #5
Allan Davidson

Maybe a time-set feature before map start, in the voting screen?
Old 2014-03-14, 16:59   #6
WarEagle751

Maybe, being able to change the weather and time of day in the menu before you start the game. Like where you can change the difficulty level on the map.

Old 2014-03-14, 19:52   #7
baltimore

if that's possible to free-change all settings;weather,daytime,wind... than playing a map wouldn't be so monoton.I would definetly like it, but who would have the right to select the datas ,wouldn't a random selection be better?
baltimore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 13:58   #8
Allan Davidson

I'm not sure if Scaleform allows that, but i'll take a look.
Old 2014-03-15, 17:33   #9
WarEagle751

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimore View Post
if that's possible to free-change all settings;weather,daytime,wind... than playing a map wouldn't be so monoton.I would definetly like it, but who would have the right to select the datas ,wouldn't a random selection be better?
Well, when I was refering to this I was thinking of singlpayer coop or something where you can make those changes. For multiplayer it should be the host that can change this but random would be awesome too.

Old 2014-03-16, 00:16   #10
iwingi

Since when can't the Cryengine permit day cycles? I remember modding the hell out the original Crysis.(many hours were had screwing around with the editor) The Cryengine 2 always had a full day cycle and I do remember playing with the SDK a few months after Crysis 2 had dropped and it did indeed have the option to do so. As for weather, I do remember it also being quite possible. Flowgraphs here and there and you can have weather effects activate whenever and however you wanted. (Like using the clouds along with the cinematic tools to swoop threw the map after I massive explosion had occured.) Mind clarifying why it's no longer possible?
Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5qXovxKBWI
iwingi is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gameplay, type