project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
13 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2011-08-20, 09:55   #1
Predatorrr
Angry BF2 takes ages to load multiplayer maps after connecting to a server

Right basically, I bought BF2 from Steam a while back in the sale and I installed it and had this problem. It wasn't blocked on my firewall because it can see the servers it's just it seems to take AGES to connect to them. Now I tried reinstalling my BF2, verifying integrity of game cache aswell as defragging cache files but all to no avail.
I then decided to purchase a hard copy from Amazon and when it arrived I installed it, connected to a server no problem and was playing happily. But the only reason I got BF2 was to get Project Reality to play with my friends so to install PR it meant I had to patch the game up to 1.5. After patching I then tried to connect to an online server and had exactly the same problem again. The bar is literally going up at 1% per minute.

Can anyone help me?
Predatorrr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 10:19   #2
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos
Default Re: BF2 takes ages to load multiplayer maps after connecting to a server

are you the BF2 or PR exe in compatibility mode if so, then turn it off,
also your specs would be welcome

There is only one unforgivable lie That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.? The Great Khan.

40k is deep like that.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 18:10   #3
Predatorrr
Default Re: BF2 takes ages to load multiplayer maps after connecting to a server

No, its not running in compatability mode

System spec:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz 2.4 GHz
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA 512MB 9400GT
500 GB Internal Hard Disk (C Drive)

Anything else?
Predatorrr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 06:29   #4
Valleyforge3946
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Valleyforge3946

Just to make sure. Before you ever start up PR run bf2 on a regular map first. It will optimize shaders and it will only do that when you change settings or switch mods depending on the mod. You can try cleaning out your shader cache. It will be located in your Documents under the BF2 folder. Go to mods bf2 and delete everything in the cache folder.

After you have done that. restart regular Bf2 and load a map. play or quit. Then switch back to PR and adjust settings if you need to. Then join a server. IF it says optimizing shaders, then hold on to your hat because its is going to take a while. Hope this helps.

SiŁeńŤĤŨňŤeŘ
Valleyforge3946 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ages, bf2, connecting, load, maps, multiplayer, server, takes