project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
19 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2017-03-08, 05:02   #131
obpmgmua
Default Re: Post Scriptum - The Standalone drama thread

First off, I dont mind paying money for my entertainment. But I dont like bait and switch bullshit.

Second, I hate Squad. The gameplay is utter shit. I was hoping post scriptum would be more PRish but from the gameplay videos I've seen it's literally a WW2 reskin for Squad. All the horrible mechanics and then some.

Third, If the above turns out not to be true then yes I will buy post scriptum. Otherwise I'm gonna wait for a demo or free weekend to try it. If that occurs and I still dont like it then I wont trash PS it everywhere I go(unlike squad).

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 09:46   #132
PatrickLA_CA

Please explain what do you mean by the gameplay is utter shit. IMO it is quite close to PR with the things they've got in-game so far. Yes, it's not a replica of PR, it's not even supposed to be one, but you gotta keep in mind that Squad has barely 10% of the things tht PR has. It's getting there, basic vehicles have just been introduced.
Of course the gameplay would be different when there are no tanks, helis, planes and mortars hitting you. Of course you don't have transport helicopters that can take you anywhere in a matter of minutes. That is why it is in early access.

Post Scriptum probably won't be much different, and if it remains similar to Squad then I'll buy it. I really do not understand how do you imagine this more PRish thing, especially at this stage of the game, please, elaborate your points so that we know what exactly what you mean.

The only thing I completely agree with you and most of the other people complaining about Post Scriptum is how it was presented to the community, as a free mod and it turned out to be something else. I don't mind buying it, but they should have been straightforward from the start.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 16:49   #133
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
Again, most people commenting on here and criticizing the developers, are not mad for it going to be standalone and paid. They are mad that the developers aren't going out and manning up to admit it will be separate from Squad.

Why don't the developers come out to try and clear the confusion up? All they are doing are locking threads on the Squad Forum and reddit. Sounds fishy to me.
Then also going further and getting on people for simply informing others of what is happening. I can't even tell my followers simple information without being treated like a whistle blower or something. I don't even get why this is being treated as controvertial, the entire situation should have gone

- I remind everyone PS is paid
- PS says "oh yeah sorry if no one realized that, we'll try to be more clear in the future"
- life continues as normal

However instead, we've seen this huge defensive backlash come from development... which is now the only thing making anyone suspicious. There is no reason this should have even been an issue, but the desperate struggle to defend against it, attacking people who try to learn more, censoring people discussing it, and trying to distract/downplay from the situation, makes everyone involved look like they actually did have something to hide.

Whether you do or not is another matter, but that is what you are making this look like.

Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 06:27   #134
obpmgmua

@PatrickLA_CA
Search my post history, I've explained myself way too many times already

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 19:32   #135
umadbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Zeno View Post
Nobody is pushing for paid mods here, from what we have gotten so far both PS and ESC85 will be their own standalone games.
the red button is in owi's hands, they are to allow or not this sort of thing so instead of buying it from modders and implementing into main game (though its really low quality from what i've seen, aside from vehicle models but there's easy ways to do them) then having more content for all mods, they've decided to make just a little more money off it. how much after you cut it into all the pieces? is it worth it? now its just another ww2 crap and moneygrab because who knows how many more years people will buy same thing over and over again.
umadbro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 21:36   #136
[R-CON]​Zeno
PR:BF2 Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by umadbro View Post
the red button is in owi's hands, they are to allow or not this sort of thing so instead of buying it from modders and implementing into main game (though its really low quality from what i've seen, aside from vehicle models but there's easy ways to do them) then having more content for all mods, they've decided to make just a little more money off it. how much after you cut it into all the pieces? is it worth it? now its just another ww2 crap and moneygrab because who knows how many more years people will buy same thing over and over again.
what is even what?

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bloody, drama, post, scriptum, seventh, standalone, thread