project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
14 Apr 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2021-03-14, 23:02   #31
Vicious3o2
Default Re: WW2 isn’t fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
Maybe in NA, in EU you can always find full server to play.



I am really interesting to know what you and other guys think PR devs could give FH devs? I am really. Lets be honest her, it took PR devs 5+ years to even get 4 WW2 maps, Normandy statics and few WW2 assets into playable state. What is that magical thing that they could have given to FH devs to even make that trade between them possible. I will cut talk as say nothing and that is reason why there are 0 FH assets in PR:WW2. There is nothing that PR could offer to FH that would make trade worth in any possible way for future FH. I understand that FH toys are great and they would look nice in PR, but there is literarily nothing that FH could get from PR not even justify sharing it in first place.



Again, FH2 is not dead. They made almost everything from scratch and you think that made game worst.
We could start right with the installer. The google drive file was corrupted. The Onedrive link is dead. The 4th option requires an account to be made... so I'm back to downloaded a torrent which than seems to want to be mounted instead of just unzipped. Why are they still using an ISO? Like get WITH IT.

On top of that, all the links directly from the FH website require BF2 still and they have no links to their standalone from their site... like ... I think the main thing PR could give FH is a bit of common sense, work ethic, and an active community. I'm sure they'd have some convoluted response full of excuses for why that's the way it is but from an objective players perspective, that's what it is.

Currently 7pm EST. 12pm GMT and only 16 players are playing, so I'd argue that no you can't always find an EU server. Midnight Sunday when everyone is in lockdown and at home, server should be full.
Vicious3o2 is offline
Last edited by Vicious3o2; 2021-03-14 at 23:20..
Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 00:54   #32
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

BigBigMonkeyMan's Avatar
Default Re: WW2 isn’t fun

Yeah FH2 has great assets and good looking maps, but it's just so spammy among a host of other issues.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 06:43   #33
Vicious3o2
Default Re: WW2 isn’t fun

all their assets and maps need to be plugged into PR:WW2 and WA FUCKING LA you'd have an A++ game. If I was a 3d Modeler or Mapper I'd WANT my stuff to be used. And if I'm just asking too much, it's their god damn fault. Back before FH2 came out they started putting little icons next to the 3d models from FH1 that were ready to be imported into FH2, and now like 10 years later we are FINALLY getting a complete eastern front.

Last time I played I remember the main reason I quit was because the main base was literally being mortared, there were no assigned squads for assets even though it was the only server, and the server had no rules let alone to enforce them, to stop the base camping.

I know the FH guys don't do it for money... but come on guys.. everyone has a price..what's your price?
Vicious3o2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 14:44   #34
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Outlawz7's Avatar
Default Re: WW2 isn’t fun

Can you knock it off with this idea that we're somehow entitled to FH2 assets. We aren't and never will be.
We've already got their Lee Enfield rifles and I believe that was traded for something but it's been years since.

For example, the reason we've got PR: Vietnam is because the authors of Eve of Destruction mod wanted to see their assets in PR and even then they released their own game years later.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79245
https://store.steampowered.com/app/5...REDUX_VIETNAM/

So if tomorrow the FH2 team goes "here you go PR, have everything" it'll be by their grace that you'll see FH2 assets in PR and nothing else.

Outlawz7 is offline
Last edited by Outlawz7; 2021-03-15 at 17:22..
Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 16:00   #35
InfantryGamer42
Default Re: WW2 isn’t fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
We could start right with the installer. The google drive file was corrupted. The Onedrive link is dead. The 4th option requires an account to be made... so I'm back to downloaded a torrent which than seems to want to be mounted instead of just unzipped. Why are they still using an ISO? Like get WITH IT.
Do not know about what issues you are talking, considering I did not have any issue in finding, downloading and installing game every time I tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
On top of that, all the links directly from the FH website require BF2 still and they have no links to their standalone from their site... like ... I think the main thing PR could give FH is a bit of common sense, work ethic, and an active community. I'm sure they'd have some convoluted response full of excuses for why that's the way it is but from an objective players perspective, that's what it is.
I would rather say someone here is disappointed it does not get his shiny toys on which he does not have any rights in first place. Again, PR cant give anything to FH. That is point where you should end this hole crusade for FH assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
Currently 7pm EST. 12pm GMT and only 16 players are playing, so I'd argue that no you can't always find an EU server. Midnight Sunday when everyone is in lockdown and at home, server should be full.
I would rather say you are unlucky. I never had issue of finding full server in late EU time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
all their assets and maps need to be plugged into PR:WW2 and WA FUCKING LA you'd have an A++ game.
On what ground you base your request for new shiny toys, specially because you and rest of PR community do not have anything to offer for exchange like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
If I was a 3d Modeler or Mapper I'd WANT my stuff to be used.
But you are not so your opinion is not important in first place. Guys who made those models wanted to see them in FH in first place. After that, FH devs make decision about there future in FH or any other mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
And if I'm just asking too much, it's their god damn fault.
It is only your fault that you cant understand simple fact of life that you and PR community in large are not entitled to FH assets by virtue of seeing them and calling dips on them.

And to finish this discussion for ever (I hope), why we need FH now, when PR devs have free access to BG42 mod assets? This mod offers 212 different vehicles, 49 ships, 77 aircraft, 99 infantry weapons and 60 stationary weapons. What more do you need?
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 23:46   #36
Vicious3o2
Default Re: WW2 isn’t fun

I'd like to think I'm taking it up from the point that the EoD guys did: to continue to see their work grow. There is plenty PR can offer. I don't think trying to pay them for their work is "entitled" ...

FH doesn't have the LOD options in their video settings. That's a small one. I'm sure there is little things like that. Statics that could be used in maps, maps, even the menu for FH isn't quiet optimized with type sitting below the baseline at 4k settings.

I'm not looking for a debate, I'm just a fan of FH and just don't want to see it die, neither do you, so stop looking for a debate and see the merit in what I'm saying instead of trying to be outraged.

Using BG42 assets doesn't save FH. FH is once again dead at 6PM eastern.

EDIT: Got on tonight finally for 4PM eastern had 45 players. Was fun but so not polished at all. Other things that could be added could be the asset list, unlimited slots for vehicles which could really improve their paradrop planes, a game spy error when logging in that requires ignoring, there is also a noticeable difference in the load times between maps in FH vs PR. But overall I'm impressed that FH has continued to release stuff.

EDIT 2: I'd like to recreate some of the North African maps using a mix of PR and FH assets and doing a map in the style of both mods but with a mix of a upgrades to each, that could eventually be presented under one launcher. Sure, FH AND PR could make it along for another 2-3 years and do just fine but I really think if this game wants to live FOREVER, it needs to consider what improvements could still be made and this is long hanging fruit that we need to grab and run with. If need be I'm going to just model by own assets from scratch if need be but I'd really like to include FH so we can keep the legacy of FH, BF Mods, and the communities around them, involved for many years to come, AND CONTINUE TO GROW! "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."
Vicious3o2 is offline
Last edited by Vicious3o2; 2021-03-22 at 18:44..
Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-23, 04:51   #37
Tony_AbbottPBUH
Default Re: WW2 isn’t fun

ww2 is fun. there are some balance issues on various layers, but losing a fight you have a small chance to win isn't the end of the world.
Tony_AbbottPBUH is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-23, 16:17   #38
InfantryGamer42
Default Re: WW2 isn’t fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
I'd like to think I'm taking it up from the point that the EoD guys did: to continue to see their work grow. There is plenty PR can offer. I don't think trying to pay them for their work is "entitled" ...
There is nothing PR can offer to FH. This is what I wrote to you , this is what DEV effectively told you also. We cant give them playerbase which we do not have. Only thing could really save BF2 mods what BF2 revive project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
I'm not looking for a debate, I'm just a fan of FH and just don't want to see it die, neither do you, so stop looking for a debate and see the merit in what I'm saying instead of trying to be outraged.
I do not get where you got I am outraged. Problem here is you constantly fail to grasp that your proposals do not have any merit for FH, because moment FH gives assets to PR, it is as effectively dead for life. What your proposal actually do is give PR bunch more toy to play around. Yeah, that is nice for as, PR players, but that is not helpful in any possible way for FH. FH devs for sure did not throw in many hours to see there assets in some other project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious3o2 View Post
I'd like to recreate some of the North African maps using a mix of PR and FH assets and doing a map in the style of both mods but with a mix of a upgrades to each, that could eventually be presented under one launcher. Sure, FH AND PR could make it along for another 2-3 years and do just fine but I really think if this game wants to live FOREVER, it needs to consider what improvements could still be made and this is long hanging fruit that we need to grab and run with.
Nobody stops you to make one, except yourself whit your "PR is entitled to FH assets" idea. You have enough assets in PR and BG42 to make one, specially if you have some mapping experience yourself.

Making PR and FH use 1 launcher would not save FH, like I said many times by now and that is effectively opinion of there DEV team.

Just because PR probably could live forever, does not mean it has deeps on other BF2 mods and there future. Every mod is created by idea of it own creator.

If you think this is not fair, this is wrong place to write multiply wall of text. You can always go to there Discord and suggest this and see there answer. Writing wall of text about how "PR is entitled to FH assets" will not fix issues whit PR:WW2 that some players have and many good points were raised before we went off the track whit this.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 10:42   #39
Grump/Gump.45

Grump/Gump.45's Avatar
Default Re: WW2 isn’t fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by transpilot View Post
yes again wall of bs.
instead of trying to teach others you should join their squads and learn from them.
all those vietnam veteran bs vids wont help you to get good at this game in order to have a proper kd (yes kd matters)

I really get triggered by that guy. wall of bullshit everytime he post something.

His stats:
Total score: 791.8k
Total kills: 2837
Total deaths: 3799
K/D ratio: 0.75

New players come to this forums to get their questions answered and this fake nonsense doesnt help them.
What is your in game name? You must never die, you must be the best PR player who never dies. Let me say it for you, i dont care if you dont read this. I do feel bad for moderators who do read it though if they feel they need to, hope they like books/psychology/tactics/neurology. Ill try to keep it interesting, educational and improve others character by helping them develop self awareness to all these aspects. So you are just here to flame, complain and criticize others right? Thats is literally every post from you if you arent joking around with your chosen "friends". You just arent admitting to how much you die and sticking to that story to try to make me look bad, you have gone 0 kills and 12 deaths before and worse.

The Vietnam veteran videos are filled with quoted concepts i use and identify in situations i find in project reality, they teach solely off of words. Just about every single quote i have experienced or used in the game. If somebody/something isnt there to use it on me and make me experience it then I will be sure to do it to them at least to test out the effects. The 3-5 second ambush one, complete surprise for that time then attack stops, then repeat. That time is going to add up on your enemy, 4 attacks times 5 seconds times 1 person is 20 seconds of ambush time, if 8 guys did that in 3 man groups it adds up faster. What ever enemy you get in 3-5 seconds is it, stop shooting, run, reset your advantage of surprise usually using camouflage. Repeat this all day in the woods, this is why people dont vote for woodland maps because people like me kill them, they dont like walking in woods to get killed by something sitting there quietly. I am concerned about your intelligence if you cannot see how this works, i understand if you cant accomplish it because thats different. I had trouble at one point as everyone does, I wasnt born this good.

While i wont deny my own self at times but its because other people die so quick i have nobody else to help. Maybe the team is stacked and the balancing admins looked to me for balance. To get kills i need good teamwork, once the focus on that is said and done it works. When my squad isnt dying my orders wording "scan aggressively shoot any suspicious dot you see" prevents me from getting kills, 7 other guys to see enemy first under those orders which while defending leaves nothing for me. I program their minds to that, it changes what they do with their eyes and brain registering.

On top of all other things i say to do its pretty solid, if i didnt lead by saying this i would get more kills for me where their brains are lacking but also more dead squad mates. I am the perfect example of doing what i say will keep you alive because how i word it, no confusion and its based off something common sense we know already like how people aim. "dont sit still, move left to right". Which is the rarest order people follow when i say it makes enemy more likely to miss their first aimed shot and it wont be on a target sitting still. If i want more to follow that order i need to teach a confidence, the one i have in deviation and the feel for it.<-----FAKE NONSENSE... FAKE NEWS... LEARN NOTHING FOLKS... TRY NOTHING NEW.. REPEAT ALL PAST FAILURES..

You die alot too, everyone does, not every round. Ill blame myself in a bad situation caused by team stacking before i blame the team stacking because of the challenge. Its just as an individual you have an ego with pathological lie disorder to pretend or lying to yourself you dont die as much. I am identifying this off the fact you are only complaining about game, WW2, other players, not providing solutions or identifying the cause/effect of problems so we can examine and fix them. Complaints=Deaths. That is exactly what is happening here, hiding your in game name, flaming me, not focusing on your own faults/failures and matching symptom lists of so many disorders its hard to pinpoint which. So i wont even argue with someone who lies to improve how they think people will just automatically believe this false self image you try to cultivate of having millions of kills with no deaths.

Lying to feel or appear superior to somebody who has brought, taught more to the table and more i have to offer as i learn more.(1 per cover, cover 2 cover/pre-firing/grazing fire/probing fire/flushing fire). But people like you just get off on messing with other people, making me mad for example.. Using other people for amusement, that is what psychopaths and people with personality disorders do for fun. Therapists cant help because you would lie to them and everyone else but you would be the problem, you try to make others look bad before even looking at yourself. In reality you bring nothing to the table, so please dont be a leech feeding on others like a parasite and keep an open mind.

Too bad this coward hides behind a forum name that implies he is never near the fight. I dont think you know how to play the right way(I.E logi repairs tank following objective with supplies ready) or are even aware of how people play today? I think YOUR K/D ratio needs to be monitored so you can get crap everytime you die, your mind is obviously only tuned to individual considerations as i never see you make any big brain team based comments or use the word "team" unless its to point out a problem. You dont provide solutions, you create problems, you point out problems. If transpilot being your name i bet you have crashed so many choppers causing your team to lose tickets. But feel free to disparage the only player who has innovated "1 man per piece of cover, move cover to cover, stay in view of each other". I bet you turn on cheats just to keep your point proved about KD because that is what ego + personality disorder causes, thats why Absolution got banned. This couldnt be about your individual skill vs mine if we were to each go up against a full squad alone, which this is a team game. When it happens to me all my kills end up getting medic.

Many ways to wrap players around objectives but only a few realistic methods which i have accomplished but its daily doing same things with the players, setting example by being armor repairs and setting the expectation, the explanation i give to EVERY armor squad about how to play with repairs, flags, infantry, anti-air vehicle cover then demonstrating the accomplishment. Sadly people seem to have forgotten and nobody carried a single piece of it into the future beyond it themselves, what can i learn from people not capable of even COPYING leadership?

The way you are speaking about "others squads" is as if they should attack objectives alone as a single squad, which is why i dont join their squads. Im the 2nd squad otherwise there will only be one squad on attack. You probably hate me because I yell at people who cant do "1 per man cover, in view of each other to immediately save each other, grenade spread minimum, 1 man per tree, cover to cover.". It only expands from there to pre-firing, backing enemy off, not letting them peek as i develop more orders from what i learn. I only use the most effective wordings that dont use vocabulary that 2nd language english speakers might not understand, wordings i have never heard any other squad leader use beyond the base of the idea "spread out".

Being who i am with my standards and my behavior i push away all not capable, this leaves me to shadow these squad leaders either by myself or with other SLs who are on break in my squad. I find myself walking with their squad saying "grenade spread" picking up where they are lacking in the basics of leading, the SL know but its baby sitting and the players need to be told everytime they get close to each other. I have joined their squads and there is nothing to learn except their individual leader styles, the last thing i learned from a PR player was to throw smoke around IEDs so enemy cant see them and steps on them. Dude was a genius, LORD SATAN is his name and he is also a squad leader.

Other than that no listed skill tactics except in their planning or how they imagine what they are doing, i think all i have heard is "flank" and "push" but never fall back. To them from what i have seen, flank is just a part of traveling to them, the direction they move into a flag from, not how they actually attack when its time to start shooting or even take position un-seen to take aim if they can do that without being seen. These arent trained players, their flank attacks end up being frontal. The way each individual in their squad attacks DOES NOT divide the enemy fire and attention between each other, this causes them to die one at a time looking for accurate target rather than till they find a target suppress bushes, corners, windows to back enemy off/make them move/give off position by firing when you didnt actually know they were there. The reason people dont suppress is they get shot for being the only one making noise, they sit in one spot completely still shooting easy to kill, "fire and move", enemy is not visually overwhelmed unless its too many.

These squad leaders dont lead squads who realistically randomly shoot. "Random shooting" as its called in combat footage video comments is actually "Combat techniques of fire". Something good happens from shooting "randomly" while casually looking for targets like players normally do, except for the fact you draw attention by shooting and need to move because sitting still in one spot or not moving your body even slightly to make it harder to hit because of deviation expectations. That is why shooting randomly feels un-safe, because if you are the only one doing it and only one exposed you are the only one with a chance to be shot.

That is where people lack player teamwork, i hear somebody shooting i also present myself to the enemy making some noise and stop when i hear friendly stop. How do people know when to do what? That is one way, use your eyes, ears, communication, awareness. Then the fact its just one squad attacking which is wrong in a teamwork game, they should wait hidden for another squad to be equal distance to increase chances or success the first time and reduce any need for further attempts. But sadly that is only me waiting for other squads to increase numbers attacking, reduce flag cap attempts. With other SLs its just "lets go here guys, spread out". I am not joining HOLLYWOODs "Spec Ops", Absolutions "Danger Squad". Not Radi Karls "Free Kids", not Ramvqs "LONERS". They all work alone and never answer calls for help, but they will ask themselves. I would join Quality INF, Shabz "Mic INF"..

If anything its only me teaching things beyond the basics, then turning basics into more advanced wordings. Spread out vs 1 man per piece of cover in view of each other moving cover to cover in grenade spread full time minimal. I brought alot to the table with assets when i was teaching "Combined Arms Breach" for a few months actually myself doing this and getting other players to run armor repairs again longer than one round. Nobody told me, i figured it out myself, the logi is supposed to be the armor medic with supplies following the flags with armor to put down new FOB, i brought this back into the game specifically by saying it. "If tank survives long enough to need ammo due to logi then it RTBs with logi." Then the anti-air vehicle moves with armor covering skies visually to kill or keep CAS at bay while providing safe/baiting area for friendly CAS to be assisted increasing survival chances. More than one thing at a time I teach, i learn from real world and to what extent i can apply it in game.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2021-04-08 at 11:21..
Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 17:37   #40
transpilot
Default Re: WW2 isn’t fun

Me and my chosen friends belong to the players who make you have more deaths than kills.
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:59.