project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-11-24, 09:26   #11
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: replace taliban's lee en field

It should stay, there is no doubt there are still loads of these weapons around. However, it does need to be more potent ingame, the problem is, people want the medic to stick with the squad, not to assume an overwatch or marksman style role with the weapon making it near useless in close quarters.

- 1 shot kill or lower deviation but keep the damage as it is would make the weapon a more viable choice for people to take. I really like having a bolt, but trying to play medic and 'snipe' people with it is quite conflicting, although you could argue you are a medic first, a rifleman second ingame.
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 09:37   #12
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I'd say rifleman first, medic second. As it's just about killing, a good medic is dedicated and puts his teammates as higher priority.

Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 09:45   #13
RHYS4190

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]162eRI View Post
Well, don't know many people alive with 2 Lee Enfiled shots in torso.
It should be more powerful ingame then!!! I agree about that, it's a powerful rifle...

PS: See how many German weapons have been found! I would have prefered K.98 than Lee Enfield xD First because many K.98 were produced in Eastern countries or Arab countries (or/and sold to them at the end of WW2) and secondly, because I love this rifle. But the Lee Enfield is ok as well, since Afghan and Irak are both old English protectorates (or something similar) You can see Lee Enfield in the 4th and last pics.
Reall interesting article about the Enfield and the Mauser used by Insurgents!
OPFOR: Gun-Day Monday: The Enfield & The Mauser

But the prob is no one on the team seems to agree. they think if they made the lee Enfield as good as it really is in real life it be to over powered for a medic. I think is ridiculous remember is a bolt action rifle it is really a one shot deal, that in it self makes it under powered.

And the prob with making more w2 area weapons is they will not be appreciated. Talban have enough trouble with there current out of date arsenal with out giving them more totally obsolete weapons.

What i want to see is more current weapons/ Like G3 and perhaps even old versions of the M16's which at least in small numbers are not impossible to get a hold of.

And more verity. we should perhaps have a random kit, where you are randomly issued with ether a G3 M16a1 or a Ak-74.
RHYS4190 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 11:40   #14
Herbiie

Make it 1 shot 1 kill and take longer to do the bolt.

The Lee Enfield was only that quick during the second world war. The Taliban rarely clean their weapons, and the bolt would be old and rusty.

Tbh it is ridiculous atm (though I love it) that I can shoot someone with it in the chest and them to just turn around and shoot me back. A Lee Enfield round will easily go through body armour, and even if it didn't get through the body whoever gets hit is going to be in alot of pain and will not be able to simply turn around a blow me away with a single burst of 5.56.

Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 14:39   #15
mat552

Lee+Binocs=Sniper rifle. Medics double as snipers for the taliban, and I love it.

Edit, I'm pretty sure that once you're settled in, the deviation on the Sniper Lee and the Medic Lee are the same.

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

The only winning move is not to play. Insurgency, that is.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 15:03   #16
Claymore
Banned

When you are in a long range engagement, this rifle kicks some serious ass. One accurate shot from this weapon scares the Bluefor more than 30 inaccurate rounds from AK. CQC is really bad but as a medic I usually don't get into situations when I am alone. Best used on Operation Archer outside the city, Korengal is a different story though.
Claymore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 15:05   #17
boilerrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHYS4190 View Post
But the prob is no one on the team seems to agree. they think if they made the lee Enfield as good as it really is in real life it be to over powered for a medic. I think is ridiculous remember is a bolt action rifle it is really a one shot deal, that in it self makes it under powered.

And the prob with making more w2 area weapons is they will not be appreciated. Talban have enough trouble with there current out of date arsenal with out giving them more totally obsolete weapons.

What i want to see is more current weapons/ Like G3 and perhaps even old versions of the M16's which at least in small numbers are not impossible to get a hold of.

And more verity. we should perhaps have a random kit, where you are randomly issued with ether a G3 M16a1 or a Ak-74.

Actually, it doesn't matter very much about it being bolt or semi. Most of the stopping power has to do with the cartridge.

.303 British - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This round is .303 or 7.7mm x56 which is slightly bigger than the SKS which is 7.62mm x 34 and used by the lee enfield.

Some of the gasses from firing the sks are used to reload the next round, which might take a bit of power away from the shot compared to the Lee enfield which all of the recoil from the firing goes into the bullet besides what energy is exerted on the shooter, now I would think there would be more stopping power if a person is laying down because there is more contact points with the body / ground.
boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 15:38   #18
Hunt3r

The Enfield needs to be one-shot one-kill. It would also be preferable for min deviation to be at 4 seconds.

There. Now the Enfield is incredibly powerful, accurate, but you only can take one shot before the other guy will hose you down.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 15:51   #19
Alex6714

If the guy you shot can be revived, has auto weapons and on top of that it takes 2 shots to kill him with a bolt action rifle you might as well throw it away and use your knife.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 16:09   #20
StuTika

Despite the fact that the .303 British round has the same energy as a 7.62 round, the Enfield really should be a one shot kill. You could say that this means that the G3 should also be a one shot kill, and you would be right, it is needed for game balance.

Am I not right in thinking that the DEVs priorities are balance/gamelplay first, realism second?

Stu.
StuTika is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
field, lee, replace, taliban