project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2004-07-24, 10:56   #21
DrZero
Retired PR Developer
Send a message via MSN to DrZero

lol

maybe there will be some australian easter eggs :P but seeing as im only doing physics and weapons systems i dont know where i will be able to put one :P
DrZero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 14:21   #22
Tacamo

Even though none currently exist I'd like to see an aircraft carrier for China. It's been known for awhile that they have had an interest in building at least one carrier for the PLAN.

Another thing if possible would be the T-90's countermeasures against laser targeting. I believe it's capable of lauching smoke grenades that can disrupt the path of the beam. Possibly a premature explosin of the weapon could occur if it can be coded to act as a dumbfire weapon upon losing the laser.
Tacamo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 14:34   #23
requiem
Retired - Project Founder
Supporting Member

Welcome to the forums Tacamo, excellent ideas

requiem is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 15:38   #24
Insane
Send a message via AIM to Insane

before i start throwing out ideas, id like to mention what a great idea making a super realistic mod for bf 2 is. im happy to be contributing my thoughts into such a project.

alright, first of all, weapons systems
having every dude with a modded and decked out gun is not a good idea.
iron sights, and scopes, a must use. in most fps games, you have your gun in the corner, and a crosshair in the center of your screen, when you see and enemy, you should have to look down your sights, and aim, instead of just lining up a cross on the enemy. and recoil. rate of fire, damage, (physics) should be as in real life. i shoot in competition, an M16 match,and i have shot several different weapons used by the military in competition, shooting while standing, lots of recoil, but in shooting stance, the rifle should return ALMOST to the same spot after shooting. crouching is almost the same, but just a bit less recoil, because you are slightly more supported. also, you should be able to support your weapon on rubble, or short walls, tables, ect. prone possition, not much recoil at all, but, its still there. definately make weapons uncontrollable in full auto (so people will shoot bursts as in real life)

i like the idea of movement being like AA, and have a key that you can adjust faster or slower, also changing the ammount of noise you make, if you were sneaking through tall grass or in the woods.

speaking which, there should be sounds of branches breaking and stuff, pretty loud, when someone is walking in brush, or a forest,whatever.

i could go on with ideas, this is all from me for now
Insane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 15:40   #25
requiem
Retired - Project Founder
Supporting Member

Welcome to you to Insane, nice thoughts about weapon systems

requiem is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 19:04   #26
VAKEMP

Greetings!

I come to you as a gamer and current helicopter student, just beginning to realize my dream of flying helicopters in real life!

I've played DC and BF1942 since their beginnings, and can't wait to see what BF2 will be like. I do have BF:V, but rarely play it as I was disappointed with the overall game.

I'm excited to see there are already gamers planning a realism mod for BF2. I don't have any developing experience, but will offer what support I can.

As for what I would like to see in a realism mod, I think realistic vehicle physics would be great. This isn't to say I'd want control of minute things like fuel mixture and carb heat, but there should definitely be a learning curve so not just anyone can jump in a complex vehicle and control it like a pro. For example, helicopters can stall if someone tries to pull the collective straight up and climb straight into the air. Usually, helicopters stay close to the ground and gain airspeed until they reach a minimum safe speed where they can then begin climbing gradually. This is in case an engine fails and they need to perform an autorotation to land the helo safely. So, making aircraft stall if the throttle is increased too quickly would be a realistic and simple addition. Setting up helo's to where they can autorotate in case of engine failure might be more difficult to do, but would also be a good addition, and a good alternative to instand explosion when the vehicle armor is depleted. So, instead of a helo blowing up in the air, it would lose all power and the pilot would have the chance of saving the crew by performing an autorotation (of course, they'll have to worry about what happens once they hit the ground). This would go perfectly with the idea of one life per round, allowing the enemy to take out the aircraft, but then have to hunt down the crash site to take out the pilots/passengers.

I'm sure the DC folks would also agree that limiting who can use parachutes would be cool too. How about a Spec Ops class that can use them, but have light armor/weapons? That is assuming BF2 will allow parachutes, of course.

On another note, I have a website I am willing to let y'all use if you need it. I created it for my clan, but I'm too busy to lead a clan now, and there is barely any activity on the site. I have unlimited disk space and 25GB transfer/month. The site is MPClans.com. Check it out and let me know if y'all are interested!

Thanks for the sig, Greenie Beanie!
VAKEMP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 22:57   #27
Greenie Beanie
Send a message via MSN to Greenie Beanie

w00t, very nice career choice.

Hawaii...are you stationed there or living there?

Greenie Beanie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 23:36   #28
VAKEMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV
Greenie Beanie]w00t, very nice career choice.

Hawaii...are you stationed there or living there?
I'll be stationed here for either three years or until I am selected for the Army's WO program.

Old 2004-07-24, 23:40   #29
Greenie Beanie
Send a message via MSN to Greenie Beanie

You in the Air Cavaly by any chance?

I will make you a sig if you want. My skills aint that great but I have more free time compared to other members of the board.

Greenie Beanie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 00:20   #30
VAKEMP

I'm a SSgt in the Marine Corps for the time being, but will either be flying helo's for the Army or for an oil rig company in the near future.

If you could make me a sig that'd be sweet!

Tags
mod, realism