project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-05, 04:48   #11
Psyko

Default Re: Better Weapon Selection and Customization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
I kind of remember a DEV stating that there is a cap on how many "kits" you can have. Since vBf2 only has 5 (i haven't played in forever.. maybe 6), I think the amount of "kits" you can have (each loadout would equal 1 kit.. so rifleman with eotech, red dot, iron, and susat are all different kits) is I think capped at 10.. or 12. Im not entirely sure on that tho. It was a while back.

not sure about that one tbh

its not the amount, its the way you code it
Old 2009-06-05, 04:52   #12
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill001 View Post
Justa simple question:

Adding a simple subslot within the kit selection menu causes that much trouble?
Imean, I'm no coder but it doesn't take a professional one to assume this idea wouldn't be that difficult to implement within the game itself

Is it me or is the subcategories function (applied to the 'T' commo rose) that makes this work is code locked? Also, is there a set amount of commands that can be issued within the squad kit system ('T' commo rose)? If so, I did not know the game was that complicated to code such simple features

Also, the squad screen shouldn't be cluttered with variety of weapons (m16acog, m16ironsight, etc); that my whole point in suggesting this idea
the current system you move your mouse up and down the menu or around, the more sub catagories ytou add the coders must created a system where depenging on where your mouse is it will move to that marker, however with your idea there will be over lapping positions and the coders would have to make something really complicated for it to work.

oh and i do believe Dev1200 is right, i dont remember the number, but the amount of kits we can have is capped off, the BF2 engine does not allow for more.
Old 2009-06-05, 04:58   #13
Kill001

Send a message via AIM to Kill001 Send a message via MSN to Kill001 Send a message via Yahoo to Kill001
Red face Re: Better Weapon Selection and Customization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
the current system you move your mouse up and down the menu or around, the more sub catagories ytou add the coders must created a system where depenging on where your mouse is it will move to that marker, however with your idea there will be over lapping positions and the coders would have to make something really complicated for it to work.

oh and i do believe Dev1200 is right, i dont remember the number, but the amount of kits we can have is capped off, the BF2 engine does not allow for more.
damn

well, if the kits are capped, then minimize the amount of customization issued

And for the menu that pops up, it should be located on the far corners of the screen so it doesn't overlap mirite?
Old 2009-06-05, 05:06   #14
Spartan0189

Send a message via AIM to Spartan0189 Send a message via MSN to Spartan0189

Hm, Interesting idea.

I'd like to have some variations in my kit, makes the game more unique.
I haven't read your first post all the way, Maybe make each "Set" of attachments worth a certain amount of tickets. ie, 3 or more, equal 3 tickets added onto your kit.

EDIT:
Maybe have a right/left click option for the attachments. ie: choose one kit, then you right/left click for a attachment, ie, .86 patch will have a M249 w/ ELCAN, so why not make right click with ELCAN and left click for Iron Sights?

Old 2009-06-05, 05:13   #15
Solid Knight

I don't see why this would be hard to implement. Essentially it's a UI change and the addition of more kits. The code on the backend that spawns the kits would only need to know about the new selections.

Of course this is the BF2 engine where even the simplest of things can be retardedly difficult or impossible.
Old 2009-06-05, 07:09   #16
Kill001

Send a message via AIM to Kill001 Send a message via MSN to Kill001 Send a message via Yahoo to Kill001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan0189 View Post
Hm, Interesting idea. I'd like to have some variations in my kit, makes the game more unique. I haven't read your first post all the way, Maybe make each "Set" of attachments worth a certain amount of tickets. ie, 3 or more, equal 3 tickets added onto your kit. EDIT: Maybe have a right/left click option for the attachments. ie: choose one kit, then you right/left click for a attachment, ie, .86 patch will have a M249 w/ ELCAN, so why not make right click with ELCAN and left click for Iron Sights?
good idea... That might work... Unless, of course, if the silly BF2 engine somehow rejects it :/
Old 2009-06-05, 07:17   #17
SkaterCrush

In terms of the stuff soldiers use, from what I've seen if their not using an M203 (grenade launcher) they're using foregrips (which has been said to not do anything...if we're getting into choosing different guns reduce your shot spread?), and most use red-dot sights of some sort, the ACOG seems to be of less use since engagements in streets are CQC and an ACOG would be more trouble then a blessing

Old 2009-06-05, 07:35   #18
Maxfragg

Send a message via ICQ to Maxfragg Send a message via MSN to Maxfragg

the sandbox mod and the wookie sniper mod at least showed that the spawn screen ist completely customicable

http://maxfragg.blogspot.com
Old 2009-06-05, 16:26   #19
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Katarn View Post
You can only have 9 kits on the spawn page iirc, but there is no limitation to the amount of kits we can do through kit limitation. I'm not sure it's possible to have sub-menu for each individual kit, but it is an interesting thought.
There is subsections in sandbox1.0, also subsections in commorose iirc.
Old 2009-06-05, 16:39   #20
Solid Knight

I'm not sure if you're able to make toggle buttons but if you could you could just make all these variants of standard kits available on the SpawnInterface UI (the one where you pick your initial kit and view the map) and just toggle through the different kits in the same manner that you would toggle through unlocks.
Closed Thread

Tags
customization, selection, weapon