project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-10-14, 00:23   #11
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

I deff. remember playing with 70 some people during the demo...what changed??

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 00:52   #12
torenico

Send a message via MSN to torenico

SA-MP mod for GTA san andreas.. one day have 100 of maximplayers.. 2 day have 250 slots

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/raziel1082/media/mareth.jpg.html[/IMG]
torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 02:48   #13
Emnyron
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torenico View Post
SA-MP mod for GTA san andreas.. one day have 100 of maximplayers.. 2 day have 250 slots
Different netcode, Different Engine!
Emnyron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 08:50   #14
Engineer

Project Reality for SA-MP FTW!

not...
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 10:07   #15
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
I deff. remember playing with 70 some people during the demo...what changed??
Yeah, there are working 128 player servers for the demo, I wonder why DICE took that option out in the full... :/

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 14:55   #16
zangoo

well if you got your hands on the demo code could you kinda copy and paste it into project reality?(i know it is harder then that) also how much bandwidth is needed for one player to connect to a server?
zangoo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 15:45   #17
Flan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Intense View Post
You gotta remember that each connected client requires 4mbs per. That means you'd have to have commercial fiber rated at 600Gbs to be able to support a full 255. I wouldn't push it above 128.

I believe the GameServer host Hypernia is capable of 128 slots with BF2 if you purchase the premium box (~$250/Month)
Hmm, cant say i agree with you there. 4mb/s? last time i checked it takes a little over 4kb/s up to the server and 14kb/s down for each player... correct me if im wrong. As an example, MMOs would not be possible if what you are saying is true. The problem is not realy with the servers IMO but actually with restrictions built into the engine. This is made obvious by the fact that the server is not just laggy as it would be if it was a bandwidth problem but it is actually crashing whenever people try to hack it for over 64 players.

I do agree that 255 players is out of the question, simply because you would need a very, very powerful server (and we all know these dont come cheap). but imo if you can get around the hardcoded aspects of the problem anything would be 'possible'.

I lol in the face of danger...
Last edited by Flan; 2007-10-14 at 15:52..
Old 2007-10-14, 16:49   #18
AnRK
Supporting Member

I'd have thought that the demo is unmoddable or something. Or DICE has said that messing with the code from it isn't allowed.

I've asked before but didn't get a very clear answer, will DICE not give people permission to mod some of the more integral things that cause alot of "hardcoded" issues? Even if you sent them a really nice polite email asking them?... with some freshly baked muffins.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 00:59   #19
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

hehe...we could just use the battlefield 2 demo to run PR...no reason why not i would think...

IF it actually worked..

IronTaxi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 01:24   #20
zangoo

lol then it would be totaly free and that would be super crazy awsome.
zangoo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
128, player, server, work