project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
22 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2016-05-22, 05:21   #1
DogACTUAL

Question 21:9 monitor support

My post on suggestions was not approved so i am going to keep this short in case it wont be here either:

Is there any way the devs could make it so there is real 2560x1080 resolution support?
You can select the resolution in the startup menu but what it does is it takes the 1920x1080 render, cuts of bottom and top of the FOV and fits it to 2560x1080 pixels.

What i mean is is there a way to give me more FOV to the sides like on other games instead of cutting of FOV on bottom and top?

I tried selecting the normal 1920x1080 resolution but that distorts the image instead of giving me black bars on both sides.

Thanks for your help (admin plz approve this where else am i supposed to post this ?!)
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 08:57   #2
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member
Default Re: 21:9 monitor support

Have you tried changing it directly in Documenst/Projectreality/Profiles/000X/video, use Wordpad and SAVE. You will have to set system resolution to match before launching.

PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 12:21   #3
DogACTUAL

No i did not.

What exactly does it do does it give me the normal 1920x1080 resolution without distortion or does it give me the correct FOV with 2560x1080?
Old 2016-05-22, 18:53   #4
[R-DEV]​M42 Zwilling
PR:BF2 Developer

I guess it's fine to post this here too. Developers can see your suggestion - usually they just aren't made visible to the public unless discussion is desired.

As I think I mentioned ingame, I have my doubts we can do anything about this if BF2 doesn't support it to begin with, though someone experienced in this area could speak with more certainty. I haven't been able to find much about other BF2 players trying to play with this kind of monitor - anyone else here have one working properly?

Also, have you tried playing in 1920x1080 in windowed mode, or just in fullscreen?

"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
M42 Zwilling is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 00:49   #5
DogACTUAL

Okay i tried running it in 1920x1080 borderless windowed mode now with the windows borderless gaming app linked in one of the threads in this forum.

The distortion is gone now but the taskbar is still blocking the lower part of the game and instead of black bars on the sides there is my desktop.
I also have trouble clicking the icons in the ingame menu now some of them cant be accessed, when i try to click them nothing happens everything is a bit messed up now.

Is there any possibility the game could be run in the native resolution of the monitor with the extra FOV?
Old 2016-05-23, 12:15   #6
Steeps
Supporting Member

You seem to have still ignored the previous suggestion of editing the text file.

Steeps is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-24, 16:55   #7
[R-DEV]​M42 Zwilling
PR:BF2 Developer

But normal (bordered) windowed mode works, right?

"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
M42 Zwilling is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-25, 07:26   #8
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]M42 Zwilling View Post
But normal (bordered) windowed mode works, right?
Yes it does but its too small and doesnt look very good.
Old 2016-05-25, 07:29   #9
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeps View Post
You seem to have still ignored the previous suggestion of editing the text file.
Okay i tried it out but i wasn't able to change anything.

I dont really know how to use wordpad in that context (not very computer savvy),
can you please help me out and explain in more detail what i should do?
Old 2016-05-28, 22:30   #10
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I have no idea if forcing would work but you open the profiles/video folder using wordpad write 2560x1080@60Hz then click on file then save.

Then change system res to match

Quote:
If you have an nvidia card use the desktop resize option down to 1920x800 and the games will pick it up.
Look here

and here

Last edited by PLODDITHANLEY; 2016-05-28 at 22:50..

Tags
219, monitor, support