project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2013-01-17, 17:26   #1
HAAN4
Default UAV with compass rose

Sometimes it is hard to post the targets you spot which UAV when you are commander, so the suggestion is quite simple give a camon rose when the UAV is active so you can spot the targets more easy.
HAAN4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 15:15   #2
Mikemonster

Default re: UAV with compass rose

I used the Commo Rose whilst playing Muttrah yesterday.. You can spot enemy Helos with it at least.

Hardest part was translating what the UAV saw to the Commander's Map (exact positions of enemy troops). And it was so annoying to have the 'Satellite Signal Lost' when trying to zoom in on the map.

Overall I quit the position! :P

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 18:45   #3
chrisweb89

For me on most maps its not hard to get a mark within 100m, and if its a city like muttrah I can get it dead on. You can spot aircraft that show up for you and friendlies close, and you can also spot emplacements at times, don't know why.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 19:28   #4
Mikemonster

It's possible, I just found that it wasn't intuitive and it took a lot of switching back and forth - Basically I felt that I was 'working around' the game, instead of playing it.

I've never read the manual on the subject though, perhaps i'm missing something.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 17:57   #5
MADsqirrel
Supporting Member

Its easy on Muttrah because of the variation in buildings, for example if you see a enemy apc next to a T-building its easy to get the correct position on the map.
But especialy on forrest maps its really hard.
UAV on Yamalia is almost useless for example.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic56970_7.gif
MADsqirrel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 18:05   #6
nAyo
Banned

On maps like yamalia, what you do is press Q and report contact then a red question mark will show up on the map on the selected location so you can see where it is
nAyo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 18:18   #7
Steeps
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nAyo View Post
On maps like yamalia, what you do is press Q and report contact then a red question mark will show up on the map on the selected location so you can see where it is
Doesn't always work :P

Steeps is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 19:28   #8
nAyo
Banned

Well it works 70% of the time, fair enough
nAyo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 09:05   #9
fillsson

The question mark doesn't work when you're aiming directly at an enemy. Try putting it east of the enemy for example, and then estimate how for back west you have to put your spotted mark.
fillsson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 17:43   #10
[R-DEV]​UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: UAV with compass rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillsson View Post
The question mark doesn't work when you're aiming directly at an enemy. Try putting it east of the enemy for example, and then estimate how for back west you have to put your spotted mark.
this plus spamming Report button...

But there's no need for a Compass on the UAV if you can't see the enemy or friendlys, cause of the glithy UAV.
This is the main problem of being a commander using the UAV you can send troops to an empty zone or a full manned FOB and you're never sure...

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
UTurista is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
camon, compass, rose, uav