project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
16 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2018-11-30, 05:21   #31
Psyko
Default Re: put squad v12 revive system into PR

edit:
nvm
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 05:22   #32
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
.... seriously?

Okay what size socks do you take?

edit:
Quote:
This wouldn't work in PR for the exact reason it was made this way. Using patches to revive sounds good but you can pickup kits, which means you can not only revive without medic but heal to full without medic. This would promote lone-wolfing to a new level.
Problems with that include, stealing kits from downed players, and losing the kit if it disappears into the ground.
Last edited by Psyko; 2018-11-30 at 15:33..
Old 2018-12-02, 13:07   #33
Dr. Phil Perlmutter

If there should be a change at all in the way injuries have to be cured, it should definitely not be that everyone should be able to revive with patches or whatever, hell, please no, but take a look at the soldiers equipment in real life and what they are drilled to do!
What I mean is basically having first aid possibilities and work every soldiers knows such as check vital signs, check injuries (checking for additional bleedings other than the obvious ones), getting wounded body in certain positions, fe on side when unconscious or legs up when in shock state.
As well applying first aid equipment as tourniquets, morphine, quikclot etc. would be cool.
This should be influence the time how long a medic could take further action to save the injured soldiers life, cause in reality, the first 10 minutes can lead to life or death, depending if right actions were done or not.

Also, medic should get more variability of action, such as applying infusions etc.

But i am afraid that cannot be achieved with this engine as well as moving bodies, and I am not sure if many would love such a more complex system, I would definitely, especially because the best way to play medic is to lay at safe spots which can be boring at times.
If medics had a more complex system in terms of treating wounded comrades, this would be a much more interesing challenge, especially if wrong decisions could lead to death of the wounded soldier, as in reality.

But I really should say that that this are really high expectations and the game is the best already imo, we should not finally forget that the guys who have created and are developing this mod even further, are doing that in their spare time while probably having family and work, they are not paid for it at all ( which is probably the reason why the game is that great ), but doing it because they love the project.
So I say thanks to the developer team, which is probably said not often enough.
Dr. Phil Perlmutter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-12, 13:57   #34
Heavy Death

You have to take this game with a grain of salt. Chinook has 8 slots, but two crates with which you can quickly build a FOB with fortifications and others can spawn in, if you squint it's almost like the chopper landing more people.

Same is with medic systems. A bandage can be applied from anyone to anyone, it includes bandaging, tourniquets, bleed stoppage etc. Combat medic is responsible for critical stuff lke heavy bleeding, loss of consciousnes, heavy trauma, applying morphine, adrenaline etc. It's just a very simple system. Also the wounded soldier loses 1 ticket, which kinda represents medevac but is granted a "reinforcement" revive.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 17:38   #35
Dr. Phil Perlmutter

@Heavy Death
I know that, and I am quite ok with the way how it is, except maybe that I would love the medic task to be a bit more complex, but like I said, that is hardly achievable with that engine in a proper way.
I just responded to the head post of this thread where it was recommended that everyone should be able to revive everyone, on other words more casual, which would take exactly away what I like about PR:
Mistakes and stupid behaviour result in the failure of the whole squad easily, probably even the whole team, so it is necessary to think about the risk and benefit of every step.
Changing the players role as the thread starter asked for would totally change that.
So yeah, I just wanted to express that opinion and express as well that I would not mind some elements to be more complex and challenging, but also that I know that this is hardly possible, if so a lot of effort and as well how much effort the devs have already put into it, which again I do really appreciate.
Old 2018-12-14, 21:21   #36
Veterans-Gaming
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Veterans-Gaming Send a message via Skype™ to Veterans-Gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phil Perlmutter View Post
...as well that I would not mind some elements to be more complex and challenging, but also that I know that this is hardly possible, if so a lot of effort and as well how much effort the devs have already put into it, which again I do really appreciate.
It's not the effort, it's not the possibility, it's that this would not be favorable or playable in the way PR currently runs. The things you listed above are similar to systems in mods of military simulator games like Arma, specifically ACE mod and others. The pace of many game modes in that environment allow for such a slower "evaluate, stabilize, and then treat" medic systems, and also player states of consciousness or responsiveness. Hard to communicate verbally in that when you keep fading in and out of consciousness, trying to call your mates over to your body in tall grass or an urban environment, but very fun for Arma; whereas PR is more in-between at a middle ground of the FPS and MilSim genres.

This is Project Reality. That's why the Squad revive system wouldn't work, and Arma style medic systems would not either.
IMO It's easier to play a game and imagine a Frankenstein Monster of a game from other systems improving the one we are playing than it is to actually implement such changes, because that is often disregarding factors that would vastly change the flow and feel of the current game to a degree that would nearly make it unrecognizable, or would conflict with game limitations or other favorable systems.

Veterans-Gaming is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:02   #37
Dr. Phil Perlmutter

@Veterans-Gaming
I agree to a certain point, but would not go that far making the health system more complex would turn it into a mil sim automatically, that really depends how far and detailed complexity is added.
Let's be honest, a lot is related to engine limitations as carrying bodies for example or as well gun behaviour limitations that would have been certainly implemented if the engine would allow that.
The remarkable thing is though, PR is the best game for me today (in terms of first person shooter), I am not playing anything else in this category anymore, even with these limitations.
It is simply a good mix of fun and teamplay.
Old Today, 02:59   #38
SGT.CHRISTIAN

Just get a good medic in your squad. I wouldn't want PR's medic system to change, it's good as it is.

SGT.CHRISTIAN is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
put, revive, squad, system, v12