project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
16 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-12-04, 17:15   #1
Dark_Sun
Default How to choose a car?

I believe that you need to look at the options in online stores. There you can see all the features very quickly, choose a price. How do you like this car option? https://autoportal.com/newcars/mahindra/nuvosport Or do you want something more elegant?
Last edited by Dark_Sun; 2018-12-06 at 23:45..
Old 2018-12-04, 20:37   #2
pdxmark

Default Re: How to choose a car?

Buy it from Rural, non-municipal car dealers to get a better deal than inner-city dealerships.

Long time PR player. -Medic/Breacher-
pdxmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 21:17   #3
Veterans-Gaming
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Veterans-Gaming Send a message via Skype™ to Veterans-Gaming

Simple. What you need is the H3, aka the Barbie Dream Humvee.

As an add-on, to protect your family, you could up-armor it, and add a .50 cal M2 for little Suzy to lay down suppressing fire as you peel out of the parking lot at the local grocery store.

...all joking aside, tho -
I disagree with the "dealership" suggestion - go straight Craigslist, buy from a person and not a salesman - the markup is insane at dealerships, but Craigslist could have mechanical problems even the seller does not know about - so do your research (ie. Carfax.com) and have any potential candidates checked out at a mechanic of your choice. A dealer adds extreme charges to the bluebook value of any car, and can be found to use mechanic tricks to get something "saleable" even if it would be unsafe.

Trust yourself only, buy used from another person selling their car, or brand new direct from the factory or factory outlet. Do your research, or pay the price.

Also, used M2's can have hidden problems so be sure you completely tear it down and reassemble it before test firing, and only buy it if it passes your tests.

Veterans-Gaming is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-05, 08:03   #4
PatrickLA_CA

It really depends on your budget and how much you intend to travel. I would always recommend a 4motion Passat or an A6 Quattro and if that's in your budget, you can't go wrong with these cars, but there's a lot of other options if you want to spend less, or more.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 14:49   #5
Cossack
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack

Good experience with Subaru, I own Legacy 2002, my friend has Outback 2014, great cars. I suggest Levorg for city and main roads or Outback, if you want to go on gravel. All cars come default with All wheel drive, so snow and icy roads are not an issue. Forester is a nice choice as well.

That is my experience, sadly VW, BMW and Audi, are nice but only when new.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 16:05   #6
[R-CON]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Contributor

I drive a 2015 Toyota Hilux, does the job well and is really comfortable.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 20:51   #7
saXoni
Supporting Member

Scoda Octavia? Affordable.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
car, choose