project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Sep 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2022-08-17, 02:55   #11
Grump/Gump.45

Grump/Gump.45's Avatar
Default Re: Tactical Discussions/Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
Grump Ego?
^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdozz View Post
Although it is kind of misplaced in a forum about a milsim game
Right? Exactly. This supposed to be a discussion about tactics, archive points people make and said of what works or doesn't work. . What can be done to force something that doesn't work to make it work, what is missing from equation? Then you got people like him coming out saying stuff, cluttering up forums off topic.

This happens all the time with my posts since the beginning, I stay on subject then some attack takes us off subject. But I am so insistent on being productive I make sure there is something to learn, learning just means you observe something from a perspective you never have seen before.

I just simply contributed what was in my mind. Then people go and make it about something its not "as a joke". Since I showed up in this forum I have been bullied simply for standing out in a good way, all about the game and its tactics.

I made this account to share tactics, people attacked that in a forum subject for loading screen tips, which never gets updated in game anyways. They complained I made too many tips in a forum already filled with 1000s of tips.

Their complaints aren't even legit or intelligently made in relation to the reality of it regardless of me being there. The reality is tips aren't changed, there is too many tips already to put into the game without including my posts, the loading screen lasts 2 minutes tops for slowest computers.

Look at my posts in the "Loading screen tip suggestions" and all the wonderful people there putting me down in between posts. Trying to discourage me from making more on the subject for illegitimate reasons. While themselves taking up space for posts trying to tell me I was somehow doing harm to the forum or something. Discouraging somebody from using the forum to its full potential is harmful.

I was just trying to get what is in my brain permanently onto an archive to be shared, didn't matter what section but that one felt like the best fit for it at the time. But since it was the "Loading screen tip suggestions", you know how long tips are on screen so any complaints about me making too many is pointless. If you aren't going to use the forum for its intended subject how about hold your tongue?

Since those people who put me down like Liam, Frontliner, Chuva, Casualty... They pay the DEVs so they are allowed to break forum rules, go off topic completely just to attack me, tell me to stop using the forum subject for its purpose. Cluttering forum up by doing that. Telling me to shorten what I say, telling me what to do with the content within my brain I try to get out there.

Liam said "Hey Grump, I know ya mean well. But the loading screens are for quick tips that you can read in a second. Not a paragraph of information that takes longer to read than the game loads.". BUT THERE WAS ALREADY 1000s of TIPS BEFORE ME in a section he would have been ignoring otherwise..

Liam also said about me putting tips up " threads on a community forum belong to said community. They are not any one persons property so fuck off with your "work space". It's fine you want to contribute, but nobody is going to do anything with the tips you provided due to their denseness of the brick wall you provide them with. The most prominent reason for people to watch this thread is because it's lighted up again because somebody posted in it."

So cringe when these "people" cry over what somebody else does in a forum.

I could get on him for being useless when he makes a post, because the same way they start to get on me. They can't handle their own poison being spit back at them.

Such a nice guy he is, I expect to find this kind of sad person in internet forums where they live. Its like lifting up a rock to find bugs. Like he was trying to sound nice when he was discouraging me. You can't put a positive face to a negative act of discouraging somebody. I un-masked his real nature real quick in the 2nd quote.

So because the tips can't be used I should stop? Look at the terrible people who spend their lives on forums giving no actual input to it. Just putting people down, and because he pays the DEVs he can curse, be rude or whatever to others on this forum. They will get the response they deserve. Different rules for "the rich" with money.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 07:52   #12
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Nate.'s Avatar
Default Re: Tactical Discussions/Archives

Some quick disclaimers, Grump:

1. The devs are not paid by anyone. The forum rules apply to everyone.

2. As I see it, you face criticism from community members for two things:

a. the form of your content: many people have told you in good faith that the "walls of text" you produce are not helpful because as enlightening as they may be, they are tedious to read and you will not get your point across to the audience.

b. the content itself: some of your tactics and tricks are simply proven not to work effectively ingame.

You are free to post your tactical content here, of course, but there will be people who will comment on it critically, and that's absolutely fine.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 13:03   #13
[R-CON]​LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

LiamBai's Avatar
Default Re: Tactical Discussions/Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Liam said "Hey Grump, [........................]
Did I? I Don't think I've ever said anything to you; it's abundantly clear from your posts that saying anything like this would be a complete waste of time and would be even less useful to anybody on the planet than any of your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Liam also said about me putting tips up " threads on a community forum belong to said community. They are not any one persons property so fuck off with your "work space". It's fine you want to contribute, but nobody is going to do anything with the tips you provided due to their denseness of the brick wall you provide them with. The most prominent reason for people to watch this thread is because it's lighted up again because somebody posted in it."
I also don't believe I've said anything of the sort, although I certainly do agree wholeheartedly with what you think I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
So cringe when these "people" cry over what somebody else does in a forum.
Literally what you're doing here.

Edit:


Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
LiamBai is offline
Last edited by LiamBai; 2022-08-17 at 13:22.. Reason: addition of meme; removal of insult -mod; fixing Nate's lack of punctuation
Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 13:34   #14
MOSES!!
Default Re: Tactical Discussions/Archives

Not you LiamBai he's referring to liamNL that said it to him on the loading screen suggestion thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
Hey Grump, I know ya mean well. But the loading screens are for quick tips that you can read in a second. Not a paragraph of information that takes longer to read than the game loads. Also I'm fairly certain that some of your tips are already suggested or even in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
Well that does it, aren't you a smart guy. Seriously pretentiousness gets you nowhere. And threads on a community forum belong to said community. They are not any one persons property so fuck off with your "work space". It's fine you want to contribute, but nobody is going to do anything with the tips you provided due to their denseness of the brick wall you provide them with. The most prominent reason for people to watch this thread is because it's lighted up again because somebody posted in it.

Also dear freaking god the assumptions, fuck man. I was trying to be friendly about it all but fuck. Yes I read books. Though sure I'm not reading like a god damn conspiracy theorist about every little thing and claiming myself an expert, I read for my own enjoyment so there you have it.

But sure, the tips you write are decent enough half the time, when they aren't way too long. If you could summarize the core in a sentence or two you would have some proper ones. Though real life still doesn't work half the time in games, and most people who play (for their enjoyment) will probably not abide by half of them.

But seriously my overtly worded friend, you do you. If this is your enjoyment then please by all means continue, but for the love of all that might be holy. Lose the pretentiousness, assumptions usually don't make a better man out of you.
MOSES!! is offline
Last edited by MOSES!!; 2022-08-17 at 14:07..
Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 17:13   #15
[R-DEV]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Developer
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Tactical Discussions/Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
1. The devs are not paid by anyone.
Actually, I'm paid by Greg.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif

Secret link last updated: 30th August 2022
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-18, 11:48   #16
Grump/Gump.45

Grump/Gump.45's Avatar
Default Re: Tactical Discussions/Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamBai View Post
Literally what you're doing here.

Edit:
Do you people just like getting mentally picked apart like carrion showing the flaws of your statements or complaints? Is this therapeutic for you? Aside from learning "1 per cover" tactics, I think you all like learning about yourselves. Where to begin?

1.) You should know if you said it or not to me, you just wasted your time defending yourself or whatever you are possibly trying to do here.

2.) Clearly I copy/pasted it from the original post directly whether it was you or not. If you agree with what was said then it was said for you, so you said it also, making it more pointless to respond like its defending yourself saying you didn't say it.

3.)I posted there like anybody else staying on topic of the tips, then he comes out trying to discourage me because it bothered him with what I was doing. That is a Karen crying.

So you have no legit reason to agree with other Liams statement, other than every guy named Liam/Hunter is a prick to me, but probably everyone else if I ask long time players. I remember hearing complaints about Liam's in game, can't remember which one, likely him.

The reasons your statements/complaints about my "loading screen tip" posts are flawed, illegitimate, un-intelligently made and rudely discouraging to my appropriate addition to that forum subject section. If somebody is intelligent enough, they can see the reality of it and piece it together.

1.) The tips are never updated in game, if they are infrequently enough to notice
2.) The loading screen is 2 minutes tops for the slowest computers
3.) There is only 1 tip per map picture, 4 in total
4.) The screen flashes by way too fast after objects and geometries
5.) There was already 1000s of tips suggested before mine showed up, too many already to put in game

So here you are.

Shared names lead to bad reputations for players with similar names, they aren't socially intelligent to pick up on it or they are so anti-social they don't care what others think of them when they troll. I mean the good guy with the same name has to deal with the passive aggressive flak until he builds his own known reputation or more people forget/never experience the bad one so why should the bad one care how he acts?

I said Liam pays, you don't have contributor next to your name. Thats the type of thing trolls do, they smartly make friends with admins and DEVs. Forming relationships they only care about because they perceive themselves to gain something. They are shallow hollow people and anti-social.

Makes people like me angry because we can see it and talk about it un-covering more of their character, to weaponize psychological things against them to suppress next time they show up. As long as their trolling isn't directed at the people in power, people in power don't care. Just another pointless response. I do my thing then people come at me crying to stop like it hurts them.

Are you joking or do you seriously believe I expected all or any of my tips to be put in? I have to know the truth to gauge people, I need to know the type of people who exist and they ways they think. Do you believe that I believe something with you having no evidence of my own belief?

Then are YOU telling ME what my intentions/thoughts/feelings were? Don't do that with humans, ask them. It says tips, I made tips in the suggest tip section, if any of them were to be put in game, well then great. But 1000s of other tips from people before me, not put in game already, plus 1000 more from me. If not put in, then you have more than you can use or read there. You over complicate things like its Autism over "The subject section isn't exact", its that social symptom like it matters that much. I did something good. Now quiet, this is not criticism, its pointless.

Do you think I thought the long ones would be put in? I counted how many lines fit the box. I have shorter ones that could fit. No that is not what I was trying to do in that forum section. Don't tell other people what their intentions, thoughts or feelings were if you aren't going to apply their logic due to your inability to use your own. You believe that I believe that the ridiculously long ones would be put in game, which you have no evidence I believed that.

There were 1000s before mine. I posted tips, if any of them were short enough they could obviously be put in.

Why do people complain if this is the case regardless of me? Lack of intelligence.

All that editing for a picture for a little joke chuckle or seriously think you are showing me what I thought would happen, as if you knew what was going on in my brain. I gave lots of tips to pick and choose from, the DEVs can even shorten to the parts they like for the long wordy ones themselves. I made it sniper section, tank section, camouflage, playing dead, basic infantry stuff.

Clearly given the situation of the tips I knew beforehand that is not what I was trying to do. Of course it can't and won't go in game. Its a forum, read it or not.

My only tip I would want in there that can fit is "1 man per piece of cover, move cover to cover, in view of each other to save each other, 1 man hit per RPG spread. Scan aggressively for anything suspect peeking."
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-18, 13:03   #17
[R-CON]​LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

LiamBai's Avatar
Default Re: Tactical Discussions/Archives

Didn't read tbh.


Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
LiamBai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-18, 18:20   #18
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Tactical Discussions/Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Do you think I thought the long ones would be put in? I counted how many lines fit the box. I have shorter ones that could fit. No that is not what I was trying to do in that forum section. Don't tell other people what their intentions, thoughts or feelings were if you aren't going to apply their logic due to your inability to use your own. You believe that I believe that the ridiculously long ones would be put in game, which you have no evidence I believed that.
So in other words you were intentionally posting your tips in a way that would make them not get added because you didn't want them added. Even though the entire point of the thread is to come up with viable short tips and hints to put into the loading screen....?
So when others told you that you'd need to shorten them to have a chance of them being added you were getting offended over them pointing out stuff you already knew; wow, what a glorious 200 IQ play to receive "victim" status.

So the one at fault is not the one bombarding the thread with - by his own admission - nonsense, and instead the blame falls squarely on those willing to help you, yes of course, that's how it's got to be.

What a load of BS.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-18, 19:06   #19
DusanYugoslavia

DusanYugoslavia's Avatar
Default Re: Tactical Discussions/Archives

And Niko got banned from this Forums for calling that guy a retard. He should have payed the devs

DusanYugoslavia is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-18, 22:04   #20
Grump/Gump.45

Grump/Gump.45's Avatar
Default Re: Tactical Discussions/Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
So in other words you were intentionally posting your tips in a way that would make them not get added because you didn't want them added. Even though the entire point of the thread is to come up with viable short tips and hints to put into the loading screen....?
So when others told you that you'd need to shorten them to have a chance of them being added you were getting offended over them pointing out stuff you already knew; wow, what a glorious 200 IQ play to receive "victim" status.

So the one at fault is not the one bombarding the thread with - by his own admission - nonsense, and instead the blame falls squarely on those willing to help you, yes of course, that's how it's got to be.

What a load of BS.
I said the DEVs could shorten it if they wanted to use one or part of one, they can do that. I was already going back to shorten or divide a tip in 2. I did many things, NONE OF WHICH SHOULD MATTER TO YOU OR BE YOUR BUISNESS. Grow up old man, you are old as hell on a forum crying. You all didn't just kindly ask me to shorten it, you all wanted me to stop. I was coming up with it on the spot from my experiences playing.

So annoying, you ignore the part where I said that DEVs can shorten it, its an obvious solution. It doesn't need to be said if you are smart enough to think it for yourself. Its like you are flaming yourself here, feeding ammo into the cannon firing at you. Its an obvious solution to wordy tips, can you come up with solutions? No you are apart of the problem as usual, talking down what I say in the briefing time.

Which you people can't even come up with effective solutions in game focused on balancing survival and objective completion, its a wild free for all when you all are on. One piece of armor going out at a time isolated and so many repeated obvious mistakes you don't learn from.

You act like it mattered in the first place, which is how I got you all riled up back here crying about "So in otherwords you intentionally harmed the forum subject...". Yes I made long posts, not putting all my tips in different sections.

You are golden content waiting to happen, even got a labeled picture of the flaming crying crew to use. I used the crying crew throwing hissy fit at what I post as an example how you people who live on forums cry about something somebody else is doing and the way they are doing it. Which with me changes nothing.

The way it comes out is the way it comes out, you waste your time telling me otherwise. Quit your crying please, everything you say has a more logical statement against it. Like an endless list of alternative solutions, that are so simple you aren't thinking of.

You feel like its BS, I don't care about your feelings especially over something SO SMALL. The way you all treat me should I care? You see where your issues were?

I am not making 1000 posts to say what I could in one, I am not writing a separate rough draft beforehand to copy down. It comes out how it does where its typed, directly from my brain.

The reasons your statements/complaints about my "loading screen tip" posts are flawed, illegitimate, un-intelligently made and rudely discouraging to my appropriate addition to that forum subject section. If somebody is intelligent enough, they can see the reality of it and piece it together.

1.) The tips are never updated in game, if they are infrequently enough to notice
2.) The loading screen is 2 minutes tops for the slowest computers
3.) There is only 1 tip per map picture, 4 in total
4.) The screen flashes by way too fast after objects and geometries
5.) There was already 1000s of tips suggested before mine showed up, too many already to put in game

The DEVS can shorten it. I am tired of you people, not smart enough to come up with solutions together in game for simple issues. 1 man hurt per RPG formation, if the people who hear it are smart enough only one guy gets hurt. This applies over everything I say solution wise and I adjust immediately AS NEEDED, which does not include what you want because you want me to stop.

I was making a series of posts, organized by related subjects, some are labeled, some you can pick up what the subject content is even if there isn't a word. You discourage somebody from making more posts and flame them in the process, pathetic. I have seen you, so double it. You are how old?

Started short, got long. You don't tell me what to do. That is your problem. I am not going to change the section just because it gets longer and people get autistic about it not being what they want directly to the category.

I am not separating long form short posts to please you people. Stop telling me what to do, if you don't want to read it don't read it. I am not making 1000 posts to say what I could in one.

I bring it up as an example and people still show their hurt from it. How about make an actual contribution to it for once? I hold no validity to you and the way you treated me in the past trying to act like you tell me what to do, flaming me while giving no input.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-08-18 at 22:15..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 18:45.