project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2018-02-23, 12:53   #21
PatrickLA_CA

Default Re: Another Seat for 2-manned Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by winject View Post
as much as I respect you devs, please don't bring this argument.
I could start listing everything that makes the game unrealistic right now,but the only difference is that you get the last word on it by deciding whether to code it or not.
But they are totally right on this one. Adding that option will give a great advantage that armored vehicles in PR shouldn't have.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 14:31   #22
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
But they are totally right on this one. Adding that option will give a great advantage that armored vehicles in PR shouldn't have.
Yes , the fact that the current state and features of the MBTs and Vehicle assets are quite remarkable. 3rd seat for them will be more OP for INF squads

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 06:13   #23
Dr_Death

Dropping my 2 cents here. i HIGHLY doubt IRL tank crews shut the engines off. At best get their heads out of the tank but never shut off the engine. You aren't supposed to use a tank as a ninja stationary killing platform metal gear. Its a loud armored thing that works as, get this:

-INFANTRY SUPPORT-

If you are using a heavy APC or tank alone without infantry to cover and you aren't looking for an enemy armored vehicle to kill you are just using the entire asset wrong.

"Sorry, i dont english" - Zootsuit, Al Basrah, 2014.
Dr_Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 14:19   #24
FlyingR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Death View Post
Dropping my 2 cents here. i HIGHLY doubt IRL tank crews shut the engines off. At best get their heads out of the tank but never shut off the engine. You aren't supposed to use a tank as a ninja stationary killing platform metal gear. Its a loud armored thing that works as, get this:

-INFANTRY SUPPORT-

If you are using a heavy APC or tank alone without infantry to cover and you aren't looking for an enemy armored vehicle to kill you are just using the entire asset wrong.
Wow! I'm sure the assetwhores will change the way they play now!
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 16:26   #25
DavviZ

Is there any possibility to have the heavy vehicles engines turned on all the time, even with no crewmen inside it? This would remove the "hearing for information" -gameplay and replace it with using communication/recon to locate enemy threats. This could in my opinion improve both Armour gameplay and buff communications.

Tanks, IFVs and APCs in PR spends most of the time being used and do not stay parked in main for very long. Also, most Infantry and other players do not spend any noticable time in main.

I do not know anything about modding/code so Im not aware if this is something that is possible/impossible to do.
DavviZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-17, 00:14   #26
FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON

Quote:
Dropping my 2 cents here. i HIGHLY doubt IRL tank crews shut the engines off. At best get their heads out of the tank but never shut off the engine. You aren't supposed to use a tank as a ninja stationary killing platform metal gear.
this is actually incorrect all modern tanks incorporate a battery system so the tank can function with the engine off.

speaking from experience, diesel engines are turned off often especially in defensive environments and only turned on when the battery needs charging or the vehicle is moving. the Abrams turbine I have no experience with how often it was turned off due to the fact it took alot of fuel and maybe time to start back up.

the fourth seat seems like an acceptable workaround for the inability to turn off your engine, although the ability to hear outside should be muffled.

Ingame name:FLAP.INCmoon
http://flapend.com/
Last edited by FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON; 2018-03-17 at 00:20..
Old 2018-03-17, 02:18   #27
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAP_BRBGOING2MOON View Post
the fourth seat seems like an acceptable workaround for the inability to turn off your engine, although the ability to hear outside should be muffled.
Each Seat can be muffled separately through the sound obstruction code, though with the way the Commander View weapon works, it doesn't apply to it obviously.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Arab; 2018-03-17 at 02:40..
Old 2018-03-17, 18:44   #28
Murphy

So sitting in the cupola is no longer safe enough? I think sitting in F3 seat is what we are on about, but somehow people want to be invulnerable while listening. This change is not needed and anyone who thinks it is important just wants a crutch.

Leave Armour as it is, if people are having issues playing submarine with other tanks that's a player issue and not really something to bark up the devs tree for.

I'd be all for Armour having idle sounds were the Military Advisers think it is warranted, but giving the tank crew even more invulnerability is pretty sad.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 17:20   #29
deadpixels
Banned

Quote:
Dropping my 2 cents here. i HIGHLY doubt IRL tank crews shut the engines off. At best get their heads out of the tank but never shut off the engine. You aren't supposed to use a tank as a ninja stationary killing platform metal gear. Its a loud armored thing
When they arrive at a position they will hold that is exactly what they do, most armoured vehicles have battery systems for keeping the turret active without the engine running. I was in an armour unit and speak from my own experience. Unless you have something solid like your training in an armoured unit, you shouldnt be dropping 2 cents any where
deadpixels is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 15:11   #30
Hemulenssis
Supporting Member
Smile Re: Another Seat for 2-manned Vehicles

Quote:

-INFANTRY SUPPORT-

Im sorry but your words and the quote just crakked me up too much i had to express my feelings here.
Hemulenssis is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2manned, commander, seat, vehicles