project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2018-02-20, 13:30   #11
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Default Re: Another Seat for 2-manned Vehicles

The models don't need a whole rework or hatch. Just put the seat where the player sticks out the top. Wonky, but functional.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 13:34   #12
CAS_ual_TY
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doop-de-doo View Post

The models don't need a whole rework or hatch. Just put the seat where the player sticks out the top. Wonky, but functional.
No it doesnt. The idea was to have an "idle" seat inside the vehicle to cut engine. Read first post. Only code needs additions

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 15:54   #13
[R-DEV]​Hokunin
PR:BF2 Developer

This promotes silly unrealistic behavior, that break immersion. I suppose in battle, tank crews keep their engine on in case to instantly retreat or change position in heated battle environment. They don't kill their engines every minute on off and be all ninja like, hearing stuff, they have recon teams for that. Do they do it in real life? If to implement this feature then, tank driver should also have warming up timer.

Also the sound gives the vulnerable infantry in PR a chance, awareness.

Last edited by [R-CON]Hokunin; 2018-02-21 at 02:22..
Old 2018-02-20, 16:00   #14
[R-DEV]​UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

I already expressed my opinion, but since this was bumped, I may express it again.

I honestly don't know how anyone would think this would be a good idea. This is literally like saying players should have shields to not die while they're shooting - Its such an inconvenient when that happens.

Sound checks in PR, or simply having no engine sounds, have a big impact in the game. You can listen for enemies approaching while remain 'hidden".
And even with the limited audio that you would get for being inside, it would always be better than simply having the engine on, while keeping the full advantage of not being heard by enemy players.

This feature shouldn't even exist, the tank should always keep the engine sound, either with the driver or gunner in it but I don't believe this is possible.
So the best thing we can do is allow players to do "turn of" the engine but with the risk of being killed.

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 16:02   #15
Hunter291

Such a thing as holding left alt
Hunter291 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 16:03   #16
Raidonrai

Not possible to blackscreen gunner with no driver?
Raidonrai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 21:38   #17
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidonrai View Post
Not possible to blackscreen gunner with no driver?
Would be nice if the batteries of a tank can ran out of power and the gunners vision get reduced overtime as long as the engine is off like the NVG's did in BF2 Special Forces.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-22, 07:17   #18
assetruler69

assetruler69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 02:50   #19
sgt.maze2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatok View Post
Need delay between switch from 1st(driver) to 3rd(commander)places.
Not posibble unfortunately with the engine
sgt.maze2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 10:40   #20
winject

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Hokunin View Post
This promotes silly unrealistic behavior, that break immersion. I suppose in battle, tank crews keep their engine on in case to instantly retreat or change position in heated battle environment. They don't kill their engines every minute on off and be all ninja like, hearing stuff, they have recon teams for that. Do they do it in real life? If to implement this feature then, tank driver should also have warming up timer.

Also the sound gives the vulnerable infantry in PR a chance, awareness.
They do it. During the Bosnian war, tanks and not only tanks but also light apc and some ifvs -on both side - had to shutdown their engine as soon as they went into fire position in the mountains because their sound would expose the closest friendlies around.

Adding a warming up timer would definitely prevent the seat switching abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Hokunin View Post
This promotes silly unrealistic behavior, that break immersion.[/B]
as much as I respect you devs, please don't bring this argument.
I could start listing everything that makes the game unrealistic right now,but the only difference is that you get the last word on it by deciding whether to code it or not.
winject is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2manned, commander, seat, vehicles