project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
15 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-12-02, 14:40   #1
sgt.maze2
Default Fireteam system

Firetams are a basic elements IRL squads. They bring more felxibility, effectiveness, more tactics, easier management of the squad and organization. This would apply perfectly in PR since it's been implemented in squad v12 and works great, pple do use it.

Sls should be able to assign:
FTs and assign who is in and who gets out
Fireteam leaders for each fireteam

This would enhance teamwork therefore gameplay and it's just much more enjoyble overrall.
sgt.maze2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 15:00   #2
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Fireteam system

Engine doesn't allow that

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 19:54   #3
VTRaptor

Been using fire teams in PR for over 3 years.

You don't need an ingame system for it.

@edit, corrected mistake I somehow haven't noticed before XD
Last edited by VTRaptor; 2018-12-05 at 17:33..
Old 2018-12-03, 08:50   #4
transpilot123

fireteams dont work and slower you squad anyways...
transpilot123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 18:54   #5
DogACTUAL

Yeah what the other guy said, just assign fireteams at the beginning by telling your squad and making sure they know their role.

I mean real military does it the same way afaik, they do not have some electronic gadget telling them which fireteam they belong to. lol

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 22:00   #6
Brotherscompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt.maze2 View Post
Firetams are a basic elements IRL squads. They bring more felxibility, effectiveness, more tactics, easier management of the squad and organization. This would apply perfectly in PR since it's been implemented in squad v12 and works great, pple do use it.

Sls should be able to assign:
FTs and assign who is in and who gets out
Fireteam leaders for each fireteam

This would enhance teamwork therefore gameplay and it's just much more enjoyble overrall.
l get your ideia and l quite like it, unfortunelly l guess you would have engine restrictions

lts just a quality of life emprovement dont bash it so hard.

Sometimes ind the midle of confusion or just due to the fact that people leave the SQ either the SQ members or the actually SQL could Forget who belongs to which fireteam, l have seen this happen even to SQL that frequently use the fire team method
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 16:39   #7
Heavy Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
l get your ideia and l quite like it, unfortunelly l guess you would have engine restrictions

Sometimes ind the midle of confusion or just due to the fact that people leave the SQ either the SQ members or the actually SQL could Forget who belongs to which fireteam, l have seen this happen even to SQL that frequently use the fire team method
Piece of paper and a pen help, if you are literate. Its like having legs and asking for a wheelchair... then you don't have to walk, its a quiality of life improvement.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-05, 14:43   #8
Bastiannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
I think its got more to do with the fact that such a simple QoL thing is presented as revolutionary change at how squads would work as if without it the concept can't work.

Quote:
They bring more felxibility, effectiveness, more tactics, easier management of the squad and organization. This would apply perfectly in PR since it's been implemented in squad v12 and works great, pple do use it.
Its exactly the kind of small addition aimed at the casual playerbase, in the end being nothing more than a placebo.
Without it, you can still do the exact same thing but without a flashy thing in the squad list.
As soon as you add it ppl will act like "oh my god this is such a big overhaul to squads now the tactical options are endless!!!11" when in fact you can do just the same things as in before.

Bastiannn is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fireteam, system