project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Jun 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-29, 18:24   #21
Rabbit

Default Re: Who thinks that talibans should get new cell phones?

Lets face it, they need the iphone because they need the fastest 3g so they can download the "Jihad for dummies" app onto their phone. They also need it for google earth, duh.

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Old 2010-03-29, 18:31   #22
RGG:Dale

Wow, every single Pr dev or Supporting memeber has just given the new guy a complete blow out on just a quirky little idea.

sorry mate but not everyone is like that in this community, i am guessing most terrorists just use the phones that people send to be recylced into third world countries.

also i dont see how phone companies could object to you using one of their phone models in your mod outlawz? they should be paying for it to be advertised ffs.

i hope in the future the PR team welcomes the new players a bit more freely, otherwise this is a sad day for PR and the future of its development
Old 2010-03-29, 18:38   #23
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

The current PR phone is as much a part of PR culture as mythical fast ropes.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Old 2010-03-29, 18:50   #24
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackalkernl View Post
Wow, every single Pr dev or Supporting memeber has just given the new guy
new guy?

no one has been overly-aggressive or anything of that nature, it was just a poor suggestion.

Old 2010-03-29, 19:07   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
new guy?

no one has been overly-aggressive or anything of that nature, it was just a poor suggestion.
Gazz you are a more experienced member in this community, and have most probably been apart of it longer than Jan 2007 such as me. July 2009 is not novice but it is still fairly new.

mobile phones maybe not the most important thing to you, but in every business you have someone who nitpicks and keeps it in line and in this case those are the new players who are new and enthusiastic, and want to find new ideas for the mod, or update the old ones.

am i correct in my musing?
Old 2010-03-29, 19:10   #26
gazzthompson

Quote:
mobile phones maybe not the most important thing to you, but in every business you have someone who nitpicks and keeps it in line and in this case those are the new players who are new and enthusiastic, and want to find new ideas for the mod, or update the old ones.

am i correct in my musing?
its not so much that replacing the mobile phone is low priority , which it is, but the basis of the suggestion is poor. A single clip in which one guy uses a particular phone is not the basis for a suggestion.

Old 2010-03-29, 19:25   #27
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Wow, every single Pr dev or Supporting memeber has just given the new guy a complete blow out on just a quirky little idea.
oh come on Jack, lighten up

think of it this way, all the DEVs etc aren't paid, so they are using their free time, they want their free time to be meaninful in terms of the progress of the mod, so is replacing a perfectly good generic phone model with another more specific phone model really the best use of that time?

thats why we're making light of this suggestion, and I'm sure patrick hasn't taken offence :P

anyway, iirc the dude with the phone was later released without charge? (been a while since i watched it)

Old 2010-03-29, 19:40   #28
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
new guy?

Thanks for supporting gazzthompson, and about the suggestion which isnt a suggestion, i wanted to make it look a bit funny not to start making new phones, maybe you can make new mod only for cellphones and then we can sell them for 1 gun or something
Old 2010-03-29, 19:47   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
oh come on Jack, lighten up
sorry rudd, im an acountant with long days at work. when i get home sometimes I just need to write a letter haha
Old 2010-03-29, 19:48   #30
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

ah I know what ya mean mate

Closed Thread

Tags
cell, phones, talibans, thinks