project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Jun 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2009-08-22, 14:56   #21
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Eddiereyes909 Send a message via MSN to Eddiereyes909
Default Re: Head Phones

I want something for travel, I'm going to be in and out of airports and bus stops this year quiet a bit, at the same time, I want really good quality and wouldn't mind over the ear.

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Eddiereyes909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 15:56   #22
Spartan0189

Send a message via AIM to Spartan0189 Send a message via MSN to Spartan0189

I wonder if these will work, Agent [agent] : Skullcandy < A bit on the expensive side (49.95 USD) But Skullcandy has some great sound quality products. My older brother has a set, They are amazing to me

Spartan0189 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 17:33   #23
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

How much quality do you want? Without saying, it's directly proportional to what you are willing to spend.

If you can break the 50 dollar barrier, don't get anything by Skull Candy or Bose because they're not not good quality.

My recommendations,

80 dollars - Amazon.com: Grado Prestige Series SR60i Headphones: Electronics

85 dollars - Amazon.com: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Headphones: Electronics

125 dollars - Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD-555 Audiophile Headphones: Electronics

200 dollars - Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones: Electronics

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 12:09   #24
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Outdoor travel headphones or inside ones?
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 17:11   #25
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Eddiereyes909 Send a message via MSN to Eddiereyes909

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead View Post
Outdoor travel headphones or inside ones?
I'll be in airports, so I guess inside?

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Eddiereyes909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 17:17   #26
creepin

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 View Post
I want something for travel, I'm going to be in and out of airports and bus stops this year quiet a bit, at the same time, I want really good quality and wouldn't mind over the ear.
I have those:

Amazon.com: Sennheiser PXC 350 - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - active noise canceling: Electronics

and i've had them for 2 years now, i always wear them on the airplane. they come with a airplane adapter...
they're really solid quality, sound is obviously great, and the noise cancelling is just as good as those expensive bose cans..

now if you have a bigger budget and want the BEST Noise Cancelling headphones money can buy then get the bigger brother of the pxc 350

Amazon.com: Sennheiser PXC 450 NoiseGard Active Noise-Canceling Headphones: Electronics

it supposedly is more comfortable and features a feature with which voices of people around you are let through the noise cancelling, which means you can have a conversation while keeping them on the head..

that's like the airport headphones i think are great, the others posted here are great too, but more like in non noisy places...
creepin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 01:22   #27
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

In terms of noise cancellation headphones, take the time to watch this....

As you can see, Creepin is right. But just be aware that noise cancellation has an effect on sound quality....a bad effect unfortunately.

Knowing that you'll be in airports etc, I now recommend you get a good pair of isolating earphones (earphones with earplugs built around them). That way, they'll be ergonomic and they'll cancel noise without effecting sound quality.

80 dollars, but all the guys on Head-Fi.org are raving about these and they got a great review on cnet - Amazon.com: Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone: Electronics

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 01:24   #28
Robbi
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Robbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
x2 on them, Sennheiser are actually very very good, and its what I use for Producing/DJing, but yer, as above, noise cancellation can cause a drop in performance, but not too noticeable to the untrained ear imo.

Robbi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 08:02   #29
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I really enjoy Sennheiser's sound but to each their own, I'd check out the ones Jaymz recommends.

I own a Sennheisver PC160 headset, and their MX110 headband ones, both excellent quality sound and construction/durability.
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 08:20   #30
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)
PR Server License Moderator

Sennheisers all the way. Very durable and good sound quality, well worth the price. I currently use HD515 headphones.

L4gi is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
head, phones