project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
05 Jul 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2022-01-16, 22:52   #51
[R-CON]​LangMaster
PR:BF2 Contributor

Default Re: (Vehicle) Stryker MGS - M1128 Mobile Gun System

Well to be honest the whole kit has 15k tris, hull,turret,cage. I think the biggest issue is the turret since, no other vehicles have such complicated turret compared to abrams tank or something else usually it is just a big block with some smoke launchers on top. Right now i am working on the hull high poly version which i've kinda finished yesterday and now i am trying to delete tris from the in game version and make a better UV for it.

DISCORD - Suportík#2870
LangMaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 10:18   #52
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

15k sounds quite a lot tbh, but with decent LODs it should be fine, LOD1 will need to remove at ~50% of the tris thou if you can. I also would avoid adding any more detail if you can and maybe removing some from small things like the smoke launchers etc if you can too.

How many tris are each part, the turret, cage, any other additions and the original chassis? My guess is the cage is taking up most of the tris, can it be deployed without the cage or is that standard issue?

Looking good thou

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 11:18   #53
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

To put things into perspective, the ZBL-08 has 13k vertices. The cage certainly adds quite a bit. How much is it without cage? There might be some triangles that you can save on cage as well. E.g. the Warrior cage has collapsed edge on the inside, so its more like a triangle

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 16:36   #54
[R-CON]​LangMaster

So first of all
Turret - 4700 tris
Hull - 5380
Cage - 3460
Wheels - 1760

And yes the cage was designed the way so you may have two different versions of this vehicle, also yes i've put it into these triangles aswell, it was kinda funny when i saw it in game, also did you know there are holes at the back or the stryker in game model ? :d

I could try to remove something from the turret though i see it as finished for now, i feel like i've done everything to make it look the best with the least ammount of tris, of course texture weathering is still missing though i will do that for the final move.
I am still working on the hull now as i finished the high poly and right now i am just reducing tris so i could probably go down to 5k maybe, it has the original chassis and some other details like mirrors and gas tanks but that is all.

DISCORD - Suportík#2870
Old 2022-01-17, 21:33   #55
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

One thing for the turret, does it mount a .50 there? otherwise we usually have hatches closed and no need to open.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 23:22   #56
[R-CON]​LangMaster

Arrow Re: (Vehicle) Stryker MGS - M1128 Mobile Gun System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post
One thing for the turret, does it mount a .50 there? otherwise we usually have hatches closed and no need to open.
Yes there is indeed gonna be a .50, at least i want it to be there and all of the mgs vehicles have a .50 there too, i actually have no idea even if this thing has a coax by itself.

DISCORD - Suportík#2870
Old 2022-01-18, 08:16   #57
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LangMaster View Post
Yes there is indeed gonna be a .50, at least i want it to be there and all of the mgs vehicles have a .50 there too, i actually have no idea even if this thing has a coax by itself.
50 with gun shield would be nice there. Coax is above and to the left of the barrel.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-18, 17:39   #58
[R-CON]​LangMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
50 with gun shield would be nice there. Coax is above and to the left of the barrel.
Oh i was actually thinking it was that, but yeah 50 with the square shield and bullet proof window holes is what usually goes in there, it has a very limited turn rate though it looks like 90° only

DISCORD - Suportík#2870
Old 2022-01-22, 04:35   #59
[R-CON]​LangMaster

Don't mind the no texture wheels, i need to steal your texture from in game i am too lazy for that.
I am also down to 13500 tris with the whole kit.

DISCORD - Suportík#2870
Last edited by LangMaster; 2022-01-22 at 04:42..
Old 2022-01-22, 05:31   #60
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Looking really nice LangMaster.

camo is offline Reply With Quote