project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
06 Jul 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-08-06, 11:41   #1
Snaiper
Default Randomly removing posts because why not?

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...usic-game.html

Took me an hour to make this.
It was casually removed from existence.

Why? Because some spastic idiot felt anally about it?

If a rule were violated, I would be notified about it with an infraction, but, no, this was silently removed in hopes no one would notice. So, why the fuck is PR moderation team failing to enforce rules properly?

It's nice to see that PR administration is doing everything they can to help people by removing tutorials from forums!

So, someone care to explain idiocy behind this? And, yeah, I'm pretty pissed, and you would be if you were working an hour or more on something to help people, since it was widely requested, and then some moron decided to remove it for any but valid reason.

The original post: http://pastebin.com/zZXGur9T
Though, some things have been modified and added later, after this paste.
Last edited by Snaiper; 2015-08-06 at 12:20..
Old 2015-08-06, 12:00   #2
=TFU= M-Coke
Default Re: Randomly removing posts because why not?

Top post would read again.
Old 2015-08-06, 12:04   #3
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

People don't like being spammed over mumble by music. It can be fun at times but the vast majority of it is terrible. It's nothing against you or your thread (dozens just like yours have popped up over the years) its just threads explaining how to spam over mumble will be removed.

The pr forums definitely promote tutorials, but only if they're actually useful and/or wanted, yours failed the "wanted" test.

P.S. I know how you feel spending an hour writing something only for it to be deleted, it's annoying i agree.

Old 2015-08-06, 12:09   #4
3ti65
Supporting Member

Server admins should decide not realitymod mods.

Send me the TUT im interested.
Old 2015-08-06, 12:14   #5
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Post it on server forums then.

Old 2015-08-06, 12:15   #6
Snaiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]camo View Post
People don't like being spammed over mumble by music. It can be fun at times but the vast majority of it is terrible. It's nothing against you or your thread (dozens just like yours have popped up over the years) its just threads explaining how to spam over mumble will be removed.

The pr forums definitely promote tutorials, but only if they're actually useful and/or wanted, yours failed the "wanted" test.

P.S. I know how you feel spending an hour writing something only for it to be deleted, it's annoying i agree.
This is not up to you to decide. This is for server administration to allow or disallow.
Please, learn what "spam" is, then come back more educated than ever. Letting music play is rarely considered spam and it's often done to boost enjoyment, adrenaline and morale whilst players are preparing for battle.

No, mine did not fail the "wanted" test because it was high requested, maybe you're new here so you've failed to see that a lot of people have kept requesting this.

So, have I violated a rule? No. Why is my post then removed? Can you answer that? You are here to enforce the rules, not to act under bias by what you consider "right" or "wrong".

So, why have rules when you absolutely fail to enforce them?
Old 2015-08-06, 12:18   #7
Snaiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]camo View Post
Post it on server forums then.
Why shouldn't I post it here? It is not up to you to decide what "mumble spam" is and if it should or should not be allowed. That is allowed or disallowed per server.

I have not violated single a rule and my thread goes by all guidelines. So why is it removed then? I have posted a tutorial on how to do something on Mumble, someone removed it for no reason. The fact that it was silently removed means that reasons behind the removal are both logically and ethically questionable.

I demand explanation for why is it so hard to enforce rules that are stated so clearly?
Old 2015-08-06, 12:20   #8
Snaiper

Please, remove - accidentally duplicated somehow...

Thanks
Old 2015-08-06, 12:35   #9
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaiper View Post
Why shouldn't I post it here? It is not up to you to decide what "mumble spam" is and if it should or should not be allowed. That is allowed or disallowed per server.

I have not violated single a rule and my thread goes by all guidelines. So why is it removed then? I have posted a tutorial on how to do something on Mumble, someone removed it for no reason. The fact that it was silently removed means that reasons behind the removal are both logically and ethically questionable.

I demand explanation for why is it so hard to enforce rules that are stated so clearly?
Actually, it is stated clearly:

Quote:
Section 6: Project Reality Rights

The forums are a privately funded, privately operated, unofficial, closed community forum. It is not an open public community forum where "free speech" is a right. Our approach has always been, and remains to only intervene in order to ensure the smooth running of the forums or when users breach the above policies. However, there may be occasions where we need to intervene for reasons beyond the scope of the policies listed on this page and we reserve the unconditional right to do so in order to protect ourselves, our users and the goals of the site itself.

The administrators and moderators reserve the right to edit or remove posts, access private communications (including private messages) and intervene in communication between users.

The administrators and moderators reserve the right to edit, ban or delete user accounts and profiles at their discretion without giving prior warning.
Old 2015-08-06, 12:38   #10
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

We do not endorse playing music over mumble and that was also the reason the thread got removed. I agree though that sending you a PM or some other notification for the reason should have been done. Some people in the original thread also requested that the tutorial should be removed.
As others stated already, people get annoyed at players blasting music through mumble. Another reason is that the constant transmission of music puts unnecessary strain onto the server. This isnt such a big problem anymore since most servers have their own mumble server, but should still be considered.
For the above reasons we will not allow any tutorial on playing music the same way we do not allow any glitch/bug/cheat tutorials.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Closed Thread

Tags
posts, randomly, removing