project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
12 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2018-08-22, 02:43   #1
DogACTUAL

Default v1.4.20.0 crashes right before main menu

I need to run v1.4.20.0 to analyze older demos (for a special occasion). But whenever i start the game in the launcher, once the intro movie is over and the dogtag cursor appears in front of the black screen, the game closes right before the ingame menu would appear. With the typical message 'cleaning up resources'.

I already tried running as administrator, running with custom resolution, disabling fullscreen in launcher options, installing latest DX9 drivers and i even deinstalled PR and purged the registry of any and all PR related mentions i could find.

Anyone know a fix for this?

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-16, 19:20   #2
kriojer_arg

Default Re: v1.4.20.0 crashes right before main menu

could you solve? I have the same problem
kriojer_arg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-18, 11:29   #3
Arab
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: v1.4.20.0 crashes right before main menu

Would using this work?
https://storage.googleapis.com/prdem.../v3/index.html

Check out my music @ RaffiGee, available in Google Music, iTunes Music, Spotify, Amazon Music and more - via DistroKid:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyr...GYTM-WO5EmKp9A
Arab is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
crashes, main, menu