project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Jul 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:56 AM   #1
Unarmed Civilian
Default Expanded Spawnable Kit Selection

Why in PR it isn't a thing as in BF2 whereas you could unlock kits and have more than two basic options to spawn with a given class?

Why not use more than Default and Alternative kits? We could be using at least 3 options nowadays:

1- Scope
2- Red Dot
3- Iron Sights

I for one am against medics having scopes when there are no backup sights, I liked it more when the medic kit could only use "iron or dot", medics aren't supposed to be sticking their heads out and being aggressively exchanging fire, specially at distances.
Unarmed Civilian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:52 AM   #2
PatrickLA_CA

Default Re: Expanded Spawnable Kit Selection

Because someone will have to do all the separate kits for each combination for each faction.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
lakinen

"I for one am against medics having scopes when there are no backup sights, I liked it more when the medic kit could only use "iron or dot", medics aren't supposed to be sticking their heads out and being aggressively exchanging fire, specially at distances. "

-In your opinion,It's best that medic have pistol or bat.(so who would then play like medic,no one),just take alt kit.Or maybe to put logi driver class,then we can drive logi truck around map(and have points for it)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lakinen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #4
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Its possible to do, But it also takes a lot of work.

Lets take the Russian LAT kit for example, 2 Different AT + 3 different rifle set ups = 6 kits. Just for LAT. Its alot of work to do this for every kit for every faction. On top of that is a lot of work to maintain.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM   #5
Unarmed Civilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Its possible to do, But it also takes a lot of work.

Lets take the Russian LAT kit for example, 2 Different AT + 3 different rifle set ups = 6 kits. Just for LAT. Its alot of work to do this for every kit for every faction. On top of that is a lot of work to maintain.
It doesn't have to be all overly expanded as that, as currently we don't have it. Taking your own example the russian LAT has 2 options, scope + rpg26, iron + rpg7, a third option with the russian kobra reddot could come with anti-infantry rpg rockets, namely the OG-7V warhead.
Old Today, 05:00 AM   #6
Brotherscompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unarmed Civilian View Post
I for one am against medics having scopes when there are no backup sights, I liked it more when the medic kit could only use "iron or dot", medics aren't supposed to be sticking their heads out and being aggressively exchanging fire, specially at distances.
No pls dont scrue up my class, dude back then the comunity had a totally diferent mind set: "l need to sacrifice my own pleasure in order to achieve victory" . That made people stick to their role and follow it, l dont see that happening now so much. People already dont like to play as a medic and if you put that barrier to inforce iron sight under that circunstance l would see a even dedicated medics backing off of that class (l know l would and 90% of my playtime is as a medic).

Also what you are saying leads to medics being even more agressive due to the fact their maximum eficacy would be at close quarters. There is not much of a problem in long range fire fights having the medic agressively trying to shoot, those aint so deadly and if you manage to die its super simple to get the medic, just need a smoke and thats it job done, most likely we are slightly peeking over a barrier so the body would just fall next to cover

But yhea besides that l like your sugestion, just giving the players a bit of more flexbility but notice you can already achieve that using diferent kits, l think thats kind of a way to force people to get out of their confort range if they want to have a diferent feel of the weapon
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:32 AM   #7
Unarmed Civilian

People don't like playing medics because gameplay has degraded to the point of widespread vanilla mindset. Run around, kill, get killed, respawn, go after your killer and keep doing that until end game. If only we had an enforced minimum respawn timer as I mentioned in another thread about people giving up so fast. Medics would be way more important if you had to stare the sky for 3 minutes before even clicking "Give Up".
Old Today, 08:08 PM   #8
HeneraLuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unarmed Civilian View Post
People don't like playing medics because gameplay has degraded to the point of widespread vanilla mindset. Run around, kill, get killed, respawn, go after your killer and keep doing that until end game. If only we had an enforced minimum respawn timer as I mentioned in another thread about people giving up so fast. Medics would be way more important if you had to stare the sky for 3 minutes before even clicking "Give Up".
Medics play vital role in pr , are you serious? I still play as a medic. Running around getting people up, throwing smoke so enemies cant see our position. Even though back then when my pc was crappy medic was my first kit to pick when I spawn and always will be, except when the role is already taken.

HeneraLuna is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
expanded, kit, selection, spawnable