project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-03-09, 04:44   #1
dcm
Default Will we ever get more cold war factions?

Set in the 1980's? I'd love to see the USSR face off against the Mujahideen on Lashkar. Or against a 1980's USMC on Pavlovsk.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 05:54   #2
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Will we ever get more cold war factions?

There are the British and Argentine 1980's factions that are mainly used on the Falklands war maps (as well as a few others like an alternative layer of Fools Road with '80 Brits vs the Militia). There is also the Vietnam factions which is mid cold war, but other than that, not really.

We would all love to see them but currently, no one is working on them and would really need to be a community made faction. Ironically most things need for an '80s USSR faction etc is pretty much already ingame in one form or another, just needs someone to make new player skin camos and any missing pieces so ye, it's not out of the question but right now everyone in the dev team has a full plate but most of the factions have been made by the community in the past so it isn't out of the question that someone might make them.

EDIT: lol, misread "more" as "any" in the title

Last edited by Rhino; 2021-03-09 at 08:54..
Old 2021-03-09, 07:03   #3
dcm

I have a love hate relationship with the falklands. I love being argentinian for the full auto fal. Hate being british for the lack of full auto fal. Fools road 82' really aint balanced. The british get demolished. It be alot better if it was 1980's soviet union. Same with lashkar.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 17:26   #4
SShadowFox

I made this design plan a few years ago as I was tinkering with the idea, since this is the extent of my modding capability unless you count maps that never get done. If anyone wants to give it a try it shouldn't be too difficult to make, most weapons and vehicles are already in PR so most of the work would be making new textures for the player models and new kit geometries. In regards to the maps, some of the ones already in PR could also be used, especially now that the limitation regarding character voices no longer exists.

I'd love to give it a try since the late Cold War period with more modern vehicles similar to the ones that we already find in PR coupled with infantry mostly using iron sights should make for some interesting gameplay in my opinion, but I don't have the time nor the skill to do it. Hopefully someone can pick this one up and make an attempt.

[R-DEV]Spec:The suggestion is not accepted, I merely wanted to comment.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-13, 04:21   #5
pdxmark

Russo-Georgian War please!

Long time PR player.
pdxmark is offline Reply With Quote