project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
23 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2012-10-18, 16:56   #1
Phoenix.86
Supporting Member

Default Star Citizen [PC Game]

What this is:

If you ever played any Wing Commander game or Freelancer, you'll know the names of Chris and Erin Roberts, they are developing a new space game in the spirit of those on the technical base of the CryEngine3 together with their dev team. This will be a PC only title as to not limit the game in any way, here's the first ingame trailer:

At this stage, if you feel like spending money to support them and buy the game early on, you can help by crowdfunding it @ Star Citizen | Roberts Space Industries

I feel there have to be more fans of Roberts previous games that have an interest in this

Longer Introduction video:

ReadMenace: "...Could be wrong, the 6th soldier could be in the fetal position in the trunk. Or on the driver's lap. "Is that your radio poking me SL? Oh.. Ohgod.. It's not!"
Last edited by Phoenix.86; 2012-10-20 at 10:08..
Old 2012-10-18, 17:03   #2
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Star Citizen, Chris Roberts new space game on the Cryengine 3 (PC Game)

Was wondering why there wasn't a thread about this yet.
I donated a bunch of monies their way already. I actually haven't played any of those classic space games, think I was too young while most of them were current. Nevertheless I'd love to see it get funded. Open world games like this, especially multiplayer, are high on my want-list.

Last edited by Adriaan; 2012-10-19 at 07:05..
Old 2012-10-18, 17:29   #3
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Default Re: Star Citizen, Chris Roberts new space game on the Cryengine 3 (PC Game)

F*CK yeah

They already raised 1m on the 2m goal

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:56   #4
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

they have put it on kickstarter now and I gotta say the money is building up pretty fast

Star Citizen by Cloud Imperium Games Corporation — Kickstarter
rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:25   #5
Qaiex

Launch all Vipers!

The Battlestar Galactica is strong with this one. Just look at the camera angles they use, and the design of the CIC and the hangar bay. Even the enemies look like Cylon raiders.
I love it!
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 00:16   #6
Rezza
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rezza

OH MY GOD!

Rezza is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 01:20   #7
godfather_596

Gave me a boner when I saw the trailer
godfather_596 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 01:33   #8
Rissien
Supporting Member

I'm broke right now but omg im in love! I played the shit out of the original and the Prophecy but ive read all the books and even not having played all the games ive always loved Wing Commander. Watching that video just gave me nerd chills.

Qaiex those fighters are more based off Kilrathi fighters not Cylon Raiders.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Last edited by Rissien; 2012-10-19 at 04:29..
Old 2012-10-19, 03:49   #9
Qaiex

Why do people always add a U? There's no U!
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 04:29   #10
Rissien
Supporting Member

Usually a u follows Q.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Rissien is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
chris, citizen, cryengine, game, joystick, perfect, roberts, search, space, star