project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
19 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2017-09-17, 15:28   #31
B4rr3l
Default Re: Blender for PR Modelling?

It would be great if it could import/export skinned meshes without loosing the vertex wights and requiring new rigging at every change you make.

Some Blender Work:

Nice new feature
Last edited by B4rr3l; 2017-09-18 at 00:07..
Old 2017-12-25, 13:41   #32
Michael Z Freeman

Has the Blender work been released yet as a project ? Then other people could contribute. It could be listed on this page.

Michael Z Freeman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 09:03   #33
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

It's too early, however everyone knowing python feel free to contribute(mesh lib for pyhton) as i'm kinda low on time todays.
One thing that keeps me bothered with blender is import system, doesn't allow to make stuff nice, so really could use help from someone who's been here for a while.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
Last edited by [R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo; 2017-12-26 at 09:23..
Old 2017-12-27, 13:03   #34
B4rr3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo View Post
It's too early, however everyone knowing python feel free to contribute(mesh lib for pyhton) as i'm kinda low on time todays.
One thing that keeps me bothered with blender is import system, doesn't allow to make stuff nice, so really could use help from someone who's been here for a while.
You mean not smoothed properly? Just disable auto smooth and remove doubles and is should be fine.
B4rr3l is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-12, 18:58   #35
dnamro

A modder made a BF1942 import/export tool for Blender. I wonder how hard it would be to modify it to be able to import BF2 models? I asked the dev, but he says he does not have BF2.

https://github.com/Ahrkylien/BF1942-Blender-add-on
dnamro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-16, 08:41   #36
Michael Z Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnamro View Post
A modder made a BF1942 import/export tool for Blender. I wonder how hard it would be to modify it to be able to import BF2 models? I asked the dev, but he says he does not have BF2.

https://github.com/Ahrkylien/BF1942-Blender-add-on
Hi dnamro

Definitely possible; BF2 is similar to 42, and along with the addon being in Python. I'm not saying it would be easy but certainly possible if the addon is already working with 42 stuff.

Michael Z Freeman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-16, 09:13   #37
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

The plugin is still missing lots of things needed to work as a real exporter. It might be useful to import meshes into blender, but it cannot replace the 3ds tools.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
blender, modelling