project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
13 Apr 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2020-04-09, 14:25   #121
[R-DEV]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Developer
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Project Reality: BF2 v1.6 Announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
Pretty much only reason why someone will vote for INS is squad leader that will kick players that would vote for AAS. And believe me, that is actually not so rear today. It is not hard to imagine that we will get "vote for Kashan or I kick you" situations more than we have now..
That's interesting. I would be grateful if you could provide some nicknames.

Old 2020-04-09, 15:52   #122
Aleon
PR Server License Administrator

The idea that a democratic voting system would somehow lead to more diverse maps played is complete nonsense if you stop to think about it a bit. It'd achieve the exact opposite: the only maps that will ever be voted in are maps which are accepted as "good enough" by a majority, aka. the small set of well known maps that get played daily. And this is not because people are dumb or some people don't want to play different maps, this is simply what the math behind the vote dictates. If you create your pool by an intersection of preferences, all the less popular options will be left out and there is literally nothing you can do about it.

Last edited by Aleon; 2020-04-09 at 16:52..
Old 2020-04-09, 16:16   #123
EdTheDuck

Why not just put a choice of three randomly selected maps for the vote?
Old 2020-04-09, 16:44   #124
CptHrki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smol Shrum View Post
Well, current map voting system has nothing to do with "democratic", next map is decided almost exclusively by the admin.

Actually democratic system should have nothing to do with the admins: it should automaticly trigger next gamemode voting, start vote where every player could suggest map by typing !(mapname), then automaticly choose 3-4 top nominees, run vote with them, and after that automaticly set winner as the next map.
Additionaly, after that round of vote on the layer of the next map (STD, ALT, INF, LRG) could take place.
Also, gamemode voting and map voting rounds could be combined in one round with !(mapname)(gamemode) vote.

Yes, sure, still >50% of players would not participate in voting, but the active part of the server would have actual, democratic influence on the next map, and not completely rely on the admin will.
I can guarantee you this would not reduce diversity, it would completely remove any chance to play anything other than Khami, Kashan, Saaremaa, Muttrah or Pavlovsk. I hate most of these maps just because I'm sick of seeing them win every single vote if they come up and they're repetitive af. What we need is admins not listening to anyone and setting alot more votes with no "popular" maps included. It's very common to see a vote like Fools Road, Kashan, Ulyanovsk and Kashan will win every single time - stop this and maybe we won't be playing 10% of the maps 80% of the time.
Old 2020-04-09, 16:51   #125
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptHrki View Post
I can guarantee you this would not reduce diversity, it would completely remove any chance to play anything other than Khami, Kashan, Saaremaa, Muttrah or Pavlovsk. I hate most of these maps just because I'm sick of seeing them win every single vote if they come up and they're repetitive af. What we need is admins not listening to anyone and setting alot more votes with no "popular" maps included. It's very common to see a vote like Fools Road, Kashan, Ulyanovsk and Kashan will win every single time - stop this and maybe we won't be playing 10% of the maps 80% of the time.
Asset whores are the meta right now.

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Old 2020-04-09, 19:19   #126
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptHrki View Post
What we need is admins not listening to anyone and setting alot more votes with no "popular" maps included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
True.
No. Admins just need to think about what maps were played, and what to set next. This is how we used to do it before mapvotes. This way only admins will have to own it up in their map decisions instead of saying "lol you voted for it why are you complaining"(*maybe not in those exact words)

Old 2020-04-09, 21:30   #127
John_PILOT1

okay okay guys

i think that this is a PR1.6 thread so

Please, can someone say about the Fast Ropes? Will We have it in 1.6?This will change the way we use the choppers. So, please put this in this release
Old 2020-04-10, 15:54   #128
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki-Tret View Post
Is there any certain date for 1.6 relese?
I estimate that it will be out the start of May or Mid May.
Old 2020-04-10, 18:12   #129
[R-DEV]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Developer

Devs say: likely mid or late april
Everyone else: nah chief it's may or it's a meme

Old 2020-04-10, 18:29   #130
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
Devs say: likely mid or late april
Everyone else: nah chief it's may or it's a meme
I just say may because it allows for issues.

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Closed Thread