project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
10 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2018-03-03, 06:30   #1
waldov

Lightbulb Fallujah West AAS

I've been thinking an AAS layer on Fallujah would rock for a long time now, so I've finally decided I'd be willing to create an AAS layer for it myself, but before I even start I have a few questions:
1. Would I need permission from the map author, and if so does anyone have contact info?

2. What skills would I need? I've dabbled in map making with counter-strike 1.6 and C&C zero hour so im not totally naive to some concepts, also I only plan on setting flags, spawn points possibly changing the INS kit loadout's for the map but not actually changing or adding to the map itself.

3. Is there any reason not to attempt this? and no I don't care if you don't like Fallujah west or think its overplayed. (atleast an AAS layer would add some variation).

Also I'd be open to any idea's or what have you. So far I have a rough idea of the potential flag positions (pic related). I was thinking many of the flags would have comparatively large radius's to allow a more flexible defense for the Insurgent team and force the USMC team to really clear out area's rather then rape them with optics and heavy weapons. There would also be atleast two cappable flags at a time to spread out the fighting and the Insurgent team would have spawns on all flag positions to begin the map with (ie its an assault map for USMC).

Kits for the Insurgent team would also be better balanced for AAS, ie. spawn able LAT's, AR's, better armed medic's etc.
Asset's would be mainly Humvee's and logi's for American's, maybe one APC and some mk-19's or CROW's for added firepower.
Insurgent assets would consist of the usual just like INS but maybe exclusively bomb car's instead of a Gary, and an extra ammo techie or two to make up for the lack of cache's to rearm from. Kit's at main would include an extra sniper and marksman rifle, the heavy IED kits would still be there and depending on Armor assets for the USMC there might also be a HAT kit available to pick up.

Both sides would also have Area attack, not to mention a UAV for Americans. Not sure if mortars would be a good idea or not.

Looking forward to any feedback
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Fallujah.bmp (1.03 MB, 32 views)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 08:55   #2
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Fallujah West AAS

Doesnt this map have coop aas layer?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 09:13   #3
HeneraLuna

MEC Insurgents cannot request kits I think , it would be a disadvantage for them.

HeneraLuna is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 20:28   #4
waldov

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Doesnt this map have coop aas layer?
It does, but currently there is no standard AAS layer for multiplayer servers which I think is where the map is missing some potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeneraLuna View Post
MEC Insurgents cannot request kits I think , it would be a disadvantage for them.
That's why I plan on better arming them as a mentioned in the OP, they still won't be on par with the USMC but the fact they're defending and have greater tickets would balance things out, maybe even an initial ticket bleed for US until they take the first two flags.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 20:35   #5
Rabbit

The only thing missing from fallujah is a gif of it being thrown in the trash.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 21:11   #6
agus92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
The only thing missing from fallujah is a gif of it being thrown in the trash.
Why is Fallujah so bashed? It ain't that bad...
agus92 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aas, fallujah, west