project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
30 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2021-06-25, 07:35   #11
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Default Re: Public testing of server side changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
So I have been whacking enemies with knives and machetes a lot lately. Did you recently change the damage and armor values of knives since my post about knife wounding? Do armor value changes end up in change logs? It was easier 2 weeks ago. Two instances i remember in detail, one with machete whacking US Army player 5+ times and the next day using Russian AK-74M bayonet hitting 3 out of 5 thrusts on torso. Im sort of ok with the machete instance, but the bayonet made me mad. What used to be one hit kills for the body now takes 2-4. What used to be 2 hits to the limb is now 4-5. I tested this on friendly with a medic, the lower legs for sure take 25% damage. Even Shabz said something about knives being crap now.

For armored plate carrier vests, low abdomen hits should get blocked by the mags/pouches/gear. The chest should have a chance to glance slide the knife/bayonet up toward the face/neck/collar bone where armor ends for 1 hit down. If there is more hit box available for under the arm or through the arm to torso angle, would love that. Having a side hit do damage of the arm then pass to torso for that damage from one bullet, or is this the case already?

The limbs for knife damage should be 50% of health each hit with knife except lower legs, if one arm is hit then the other I would say functionally done, at least for enemies with gun out. Maybe change armor values for knives for having knife out vs gun because when 2 knives go against each other there is a natural parry effect whether it works or not, known as defensive wounds. I notice bullets graze the side of body, maybe knives already do the same.

Knife vs gun should be easy for knife kills when you hit because they carry rifle low ready, you can get inside of where rifle is past your body when they aim, you can duck under rifle barrels and rifle low ready cant come up when blocked by your body meaning any hip fire trigger pull while up against enemy should hit low. Knife vs gun when the knife hits should be fast death for fairness and realism, if they want to use the gun while you are pressed against them, for them to shoot your upper body while hip firing they need to create distance of not touching your body .

So knife vs knife could take 4-5 hits on arms due to defensive wounds, 2 hits for armored torso at most but 1 hit still possible. This way is more fair when the guy has hit gun ready to shoot versus pulling his knife out. Rest will come down to foot movement.
No.

Please stay on topic.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-25, 08:23   #12
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Added info regarding joining squads while dead
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-25, 17:36   #13
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
No.

Please stay on topic.
Improving performance
Thanks to HOG profiling their server, we managed to identify some performance issues. Some of these come from code/features that we do not even use and we disabled them completely. This reduces the stress on the server a little bit, but is far from being noticeable by players.

This is why i ask about the knives, anything on the code that might have had to do with body contact and knife kills? Its harder to do in the past 2 weeks, I have never had to hit somebody with knife more than 2-3 times. Performance issues they say? Far from being noticeable? I have seen people make complaints about hit reg in past, but i always attribute it to bullet grazing the side of body. If no direct changes to knives were made, maybe indirect with the way they are affected? I feel like somehow this isnt going to fit your "topic criteria" since you couldn't see how it fits before related to original post of the thread.

As a moderator would you know the same game code information as the DEVs to answer the question I asked about the knives with a confirmed "No"? I feel like the no was to get me to shut up cause long post. It says MOD and not DEV next to your name, do you actually know that is the answer to the question? If you dont have that information, which if it doesnt come from a DEV I cant believe it hardly. It isnt your place to answer that part of question without actually knowing, even more so with MOD and not DEV next to your name. Cause other people go off that answer and DEV confirmation/denial/looking into issue. Cause I was hoping at some point a DEV could look into if it was affected or changed.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2021-06-25 at 17:46..
Old 2021-06-25, 17:49   #14
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Nate already answered, no change was made to knives.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-25, 17:50   #15
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
It isnt your place to answer that part of question without actually knowing, even more so with MOD and not DEV next to your name.
He said no because that's the correct answer.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-25, 17:54   #16
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7

The answer is still no.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote