project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-08-14, 21:11   #61
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: are the devs gonna do PR mod for SQUAD? PR:squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfstar View Post

anyway that's all the old news, we'll play it we'll see but i'm still very skeptical about these changes
indeed.

oh hi Psyko!!! sorry responding to everyone in here... peace brother!
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 21:12   #62
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77 View Post
Im just hoping that Squad's future medic system be based on hitboxes rather than numbers. Hits to arms and legs should result in different debuffs for the player, bandages should be applied to the affected limb, and no revive from a 20 mm HE to the head.
this would be ideal, i agree... hopefully move to a component based damages for infantry eventually, just like we are doing with vehicles
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-26, 06:44   #63
UrethralScreaming

I recently saw a squad reality mod pop up on the workshop. In the meantime while we are waiting for things in squad to develop it would be nice to have a simple mod that changes spawning. Disabling infinite rallies, having to rearm a rally at a fob.

It would be cool to see how the gameplay changed.
UrethralScreaming is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 13:15   #64
Germanius_GER

Any rumors or whispering?
Germanius_GER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-10, 00:07   #65
dolmaface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanius_GER View Post
Any rumors or whispering?
No, but it should be very easy to make a Project Realityish mod for Squad: the game is already 90% of the way there. If I had the UE4 know how and a computer capable of modding in the SDK I would do it myself, it should be quite simple. IMO the biggest thing that sets Squad apart from PR is the spawning mechanics, everything else is very similar. Weapon mechanics are different, but I don't think thats a bad thing, its just modern vs BF2s outdated mechanics.

All I want is a mod that provides the following:
  • Despawn rally after 60s unless within 75m of friendly FOB/APC/Flag
  • Increase HAB overrun radius to 100m
  • Make HAB smaller so that it's easier to hide

Those changes alone will make the game extremely similar to PR, and make it far better. Is there anyone out there who could make a mod like that?
dolmaface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-10, 15:07   #66
PatrickLA_CA

Add insta-death if you get wounded 2 min after being revived and you've got a PR mod for Squad. Also, coax on right click pls.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-10, 15:53   #67
[R-CON]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Contributor

You'd think it's easy, but in reality it's not. Have a look around the modding SDK, it's not as simple as you tell it.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-10, 15:59   #68
dolmaface

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
You'd think it's easy, but in reality it's not. Have a look around the modding SDK, it's not as simple as you tell it.
I went on the Squad modding discord and talked with some people about it. They explained how to make the changes, and for someone who knows what they are doing is super simple. For someone like myself who has no idea what they are doing, yes it will probably take a little while.

They said that most of the features we are asking for already exist, just need to change some numbers. Like FOB overrun radius is already a field, you'd just need to change the value from 30m to 100m. The hardest thing (for a newbie) will be relating the rallies to FOBs/APCs/Flags, but they explained it and it shouldn't be too bad.

Honestly, I don't know why people are bothering making a BF3 Project Reality mod, when it is way easier to just mod Squad. All you need to do is modify a few parameters and you're done, rather than build a whole other mod from the ground up in an engine designed around 64 payers.

So...here is the list of features we want added
  • Despawn rally after 60s unless within 75m of friendly FOB/APC/Flag (easy, but will take some figuring out)
  • Increase HAB overrun radius to 100m (super easy)
  • Make HAB smaller so that it's easier to hide (More difficult since need to modify artwork for 4 factions)
  • Add instant death back 2min after revive (should be simple since feature already existed in game)
Last edited by dolmaface; 2019-06-10 at 16:08..
Old 2019-06-11, 08:02   #69
PatrickLA_CA

To be honest these things alone do not justify a mod called PR. These features should be in vanilla Squad but I do understand they want to experiment which is not a bad thing, after all, the game is in Early Access and that is part of their development.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-11, 23:04   #70
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

We need PR mod for Squad to make it more REALITY! Adding the deviation stuff to stop people from running, aiming and head shooting people... And also to add Thermals for vehicles

So sei que nada sei.
Last edited by Danesh_italiano; 2019-06-11 at 23:29..

Tags
devs, gonna, mod, prsquad, squad