project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
05 Dec 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2020-04-07, 22:20   #101
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Project Reality: BF2 v1.6 Announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Or at the very least change server policy and attitudes with a top down approach, have the dev team make server communities and admins take cheating more seriously, maybe as part of the server license agreement. You should never be under the threat of a ban just because you dared to report a 'community leader' for cheating. Many admins also won't even take the time to look at reports with only a minority voting on them and reports taking very long to be processed. People that want to be admins so they can get e-power and set map votes but don't like the responsibilities that come with it.
Dude, quit talking crap about things you apparently know nothing about. Your huge useless comment is dripping with atypical opinions, incorrect assumptions, and flat out false statements. There are only a few large PR communities left, and we all get along for the most part as Server Admins, communicating on private channels as a group to help manage the endless trolling of cheaters and hackers.

This is JUST a game, there is only so much time in the day, and no one is going to spend all of their time dealing with a thing that is so fluid it will go around your two weeks of well crafted work to stop them, leaving you with another two weeks trying to patch up the "new way".

If you have some feedback, maybe ask yourself if this is the correct forum place for that? Hows that sound, brah?

Old 2020-04-08, 03:14   #102
DogACTUAL

Sorry to burst your little bubble but most people don't play coop. Although even that game mode might have cheaters as well as things stand.

You are talking about 'trolling', meaning griefers or maybe random obvious cheaters that get reported internally. That's all fine and good, but only dealing with those obvious cases exclusively will not get rid of the underlying problem plaguing PR right now. If you just pretend these are the only cheaters playing you are doing your own server and the game a huge disservice. You are lauding your own efforts for combating the tip of the iceberg, but meanwhile a ton of closet cheaters are destroying gameplay on your server.

Of all the current regularly seeded PvP servers only HOG approaches all cheater reports with the necessary objectivity and interest. It looks like things might have gotten a bit better on PRTA with admins participating more in votes on random cheaters, but i urge you to go try to report any cheater on there or on SSG that is remotely befriended to the admins or seen in a positive light (long time pro player etc.).

You will just get shit flung your direction. In the end of all those i reported i got all banned but one because i persisted and sometimes others chipped in with new proof, but this dynamic made the whole process much more exhausting than it had any right to be. They are usually unable to approach proof with the necessary objectivity, either swayed by their own bias or swayed by detractor friends of the cheater descending on the thread like locusts.

Oh and SSG started unbanning known cheaters, probably to increase their seeding power and server population.
Well yeah all servers are combating griefers because they are a visible problem destroying gameplay everyone can see, but closet cheating isn't taken nearly as seriously as it should be. I really get the impression sometimes some communities are happy knowing they have cheaters in their ranks as long as they seed or contribute to the server.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2020-04-08 at 14:53..
Old 2020-04-08, 12:50   #103
SemlerPDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Sorry to burst your little bubble but most people don't play coop. Although even that game mode might have cheaters as well as things stand.
Dude - before you write another novel, let me just correct you and your entire line of thinking ... I was referring to PR in general and all the servers, and the server Admins. There is no division in the private discussion area where we fight to make sure our servers are as free from those issues as possible.

You seem to think this is something specific to PR, and more specifically to Deployment. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the PC gaming world is larger than one game. And so is our VG gaming community, for that matter. These issues are a constant battle everywhere. But go ahead and keep venting your frustration at things you can't fix in the very cool announcement thread of the next most awesome addition to the PR game.

I'll be silently playing the worlds tiniest violin for you while I continue to report and read/discuss reports of cheaters and hackers with the other SA's regardless of whether anyone's efforts are appreciated or not. Whether our server is just a lowly COOP server or not.

People do what they can... for some people, that will never be enough.

Old 2020-04-08, 14:51   #104
DogACTUAL

And how is that working out for you... LOL You got so many cheaters cucking your servers it is not even funny. And the saddest thing is you haven't got the faintest clue how bad it really is. This is a big degree beyond normal video game cheating, it has gotten so bad that cheaters heavily influence the outcome of almost every round and alter gameplay significantly. Now you got several cheaters in admin teams as well, the same admin teams that you are lauding so much.

And big brains like you don't even notice anything wrong because in your mind every cheater must be as obvious to you as the griefers are on the server. You'd rather write me off as a deranged loony rambling nonsense instead of maybe entertaining what i am trying to communicate. In a certain way you really have it coming then, enjoy getting taken advantage of by all the cheaters you enable with your willful ignorance.

Banning the occasional random no name cheater does nothing in the grand scheme of things. All those cheater reports you see on SA with names you don't even recognise? They will all be playing again with new hash and name in a matter of days at most and you won't be able to recognise and ban them again because you don't even know what their voice sounds like. You might see them as a win, but in truth you are only spinning your wheels.

Your efforts would be better focused on primarily trying to prevent griefers like you already do but also identify and get rid of closet cheaters with well known names, as they will be easy to recognize again by their voice and mannerisms when they are coming back with new accounts. And they are also the most destructive cheaters in the game by far, because they know they can push the limits and remain unbanned because of their clout.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
Old 2020-04-08, 15:19   #105
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Just so everyone knows, this is DogACTUAL's opinion. And not fact.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Old 2020-04-08, 16:06   #106
DogACTUAL

That critical thinking should be extended to not just my postings but to everyone else's as well to be honest. Don't take anything you read by anyone as a fact, no matter who he is, recognize no one is perfect and has their own biases and then form your own opinion after critically analyzing all the different perspectives.

I happen to think i am correct on this though because i think i spend more time than you dabbling in this stuff.
You for example didn't even know what fast forward setting in battlerecorder looks like.

------------------
Old 2020-04-08, 18:11   #107
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer

Stop it.
Old 2020-04-08, 18:30   #108
Smol Shrum

As a person who played PR a lot in last 7 years, I absolutely agree with DogACTUAL.
Cheating, especially closet cheating is indeed destroying this game in the last few years. And whole cheater repoting system is so abysmal I wish I would never use it again.
On top of cheating, the general unwillingness of a lot of players to play fair forces honest players out of the game.

The new player experience is so horrific I cant imagine how new players are supposed to get into the PR at all.

PR has an insane amount of content, enough for thousands of differend scenarios, but there are no good way to access this content at all. Populated PVP servers run only about 15% of the maps and scenarios that are in the game, all of the others are virtually unavaliable for the average player. Admin-selected map voting system is laughable and in reality average player have almost no say in what is gonna be played.

I dont think new content is what PR actually needs, as there is already a ton of the content in the game that never sees light of the day. Instead, inclusive, admin-independent map voting system and simple, accesible and ironed-out cheating/griefing reporting system is the things that would provide PR with longevity and player retention that it desperatively needs.
Old 2020-04-08, 21:24   #109
1.6hyper

are we in LOL yet guys?

Last edited by 1.6hyper; 2020-04-08 at 21:33..
Old 2020-04-08, 21:34   #110
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.6hyper View Post
are we in LOL yet guys?

I am at OMG.

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Closed Thread