project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2014-08-29, 15:42   #381
Psyko

Default Re: Digital Combat Simulator, Upcoming and Third Party Aircraft

alright i got a track IR 3, with the basic hat mounted reflector thingy. Thing is the next step up from that is the track clip pro, but it has a cable (i want to get a wireless headset, and having two cables hanging from your head seems annoying). It dawned on me, im going to run out of USB ports.

The track clip pro seems to let you look down more easily becuase of it's shape. I gotta know, is it much better than the original T-shaped hat mounted IR reflector? It looks like it wil work with track IR 3's sensor but how much better are the newer sensors? im guessing not too much better.

Also, i got a little card with reflective stickers, if i stick these stickers anywhere on glasses will the Track IR software register it automatically? i mean, the stickers dont have to be in specific spots?
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 16:50   #382
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchesterdelta1 View Post
Witch one? Because i have no issue at all with the AIM-9M. I always take one with me and 95% of the time it hits. Even when they counter with flares. Just wait for the right moment, but i guess i don't have to tell you cause most of the times you shoot me down when i encounter you.
i was fighting some AI yesterday for fun, i shoot a R-73 rear aspect and full afterburner, he flares the thing goes straight for them, took me 3 R-73s all from rear aspect to finally hit, it was also complete darkness so it wasnt the sun.
Ive also observed HINDS dodge an immense amount of Stingers (6-10) flying straight and popping some flares (missiles being shot from the side).
It seems the moment you flare that's it the flare missile is done for.
What's even worse sometimes i have the IR missiles not even start tracking they are dead of the rail, even though the plane is telling you everything is good.

maybe it's specifically an AI issue or something, but i generally feel like they've made them way too easy to spoof.

I could test it properly, but im too lazy

There is only one unforgivable lie That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.? The Great Khan.

40k is deep like that.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 17:06   #383
mangeface
Supporting Member

Oh man, Bf 109 or Fw 190? Decisions, decisions. I figured it would've been a year or so before we even saw the Bf 109, or any of the DCS WW2 aircraft.
mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 09:31   #384
winchesterdelta1

Really good news from the DCS News Letter.

DCS September Newsletter - ED Forums

Highlights:

- 2 Seats in MP for Planes and choppers.
- Dedicated server.
- New Map for DCS F-18. Getting priority over the WWII map. (Good thing i think). Seems that the F-18 is not that far away as we tought

DirectX 11 support
Improved game performance
New and improved lighting
Improved effects
New water animations
Improved shadows
Unified GUI that eliminates the need for separate GUI and simulation .exe while also speeding up mission load times. Later, this will also allow us to integrate simulation elements into the Encyclopaedia and Mission Editor
Ability to access new maps that will be sold as separate modules
New grass and clutter
New clouds
Ability to create dedicated server
Skeleton animations
Depth of field support
Improved Oculus VR support

"Why do they even try to invade, why do they try to conquer? Why do they risk everything for such a small dominance? Because war is all they know, and without war they have no meaning for life, no meaning for the future. They are born into a world of such violence, and ignorance. The final battle is near, and their annihilation is at its peak. We are coming, and our numbers will darken your skies, you cannot run, you cannot hide.
winchesterdelta1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 11:41   #385
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchesterdelta1 View Post
- 2 Seats in MP for Planes and choppers.

rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 12:46   #386
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

When is the 2 seat ability coming ?
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 16:35   #387
winchesterdelta1

When the new Engine and DCS L-39 will be out (Not the L-39 module form the 3th party). Can't wait to sit in the back seat smoking my cigar while somebody else does the flying

"Why do they even try to invade, why do they try to conquer? Why do they risk everything for such a small dominance? Because war is all they know, and without war they have no meaning for life, no meaning for the future. They are born into a world of such violence, and ignorance. The final battle is near, and their annihilation is at its peak. We are coming, and our numbers will darken your skies, you cannot run, you cannot hide.
winchesterdelta1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 19:47   #388
ma21212
Supporting Member

It was obvious they would add the Mig15.

Ill get it.

ma21212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 14:50   #389
mangeface
Supporting Member

I can't wait to sit in the back seat of an F-15E and rain GBU-12 hell on enemy tanks. Fuck, even fly. F-15E is a badass aircraft. It and the F/A-18C are my most awaited modules.
mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 00:56   #390
jerkzilla

Caved in on the WW2 thing and bought the P-51 for 12 bucks. Fun thing to fly, not very complicated, same feel as a Uh-1. I fucked up the engine a million times 'till I read on the forums that, apparently, the Auto setting on the radiator doesn't work right for whatever reason and so it has to be opened at maximum manually.

@Mange, it really sound like they're putting a lot of work in for the F-18, dedicated map and carrier operations and all, it's gonna be pretty amazing even if it's "just" the legacy model.

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, combat, digital, party, simulator, upcoming