project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
03 Feb 2023, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2022-08-18, 21:44   #1
PotatoLord

Default [Weapon] PTRS-41 Anti-Tank Rifle

This has been in the works on and off for awhile, but I leave for college in 4 days so I gotta go speedrun mode

Made originally for the WW2 Soviets but this would fit well with the Militia faction in the base game as a pickup kit since the PTRS-41 has shown up in Chechnya and Donbass (and also Syria in the hands of the FSA but far less common)

PotatoLord is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 16:31   #2
puffkiller

Default Re: [Weapon] PTRS-41 Anti-Tank Rifle

Let insurgents have Anti-Materiel-Rifle kit? it is not good to reflect the damage in the game?
You must hit an important part to generate enough damage, but this damage will not make the vehicle explode?
Like BF2 m95?only shot inf and pilot?You can't attack the tank's ass and the tank explodes because of this big bullet?
Unless only has the function of destroying wheels and power in the game?let the combat engineer use it as the main weapon
puffkiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 17:58   #3
MOSES!!

It could be used against apcs and light vehicles too
MOSES!! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 21:58   #4
PotatoLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkiller View Post
Let insurgents have Anti-Materiel-Rifle kit? it is not good to reflect the damage in the game?
You must hit an important part to generate enough damage, but this damage will not make the vehicle explode?
Like BF2 m95?only shot inf and pilot?You can't attack the tank's ass and the tank explodes because of this big bullet?
Unless only has the function of destroying wheels and power in the game?let the combat engineer use it as the main weapon
We've got 14.5mm machine guns in game and this would do around the same damage (and you never see anyone try to kill a tank with any of those), plus FH2 has anti tank rifles in it so I'm confident it can be implemented properly. As for what kit gets it it's probably going to be a pickup kit as more of a novelty

Remember I'm making this for the WW2 Soviet faction currently in development so that is going to be the primary place you're gonna see it, I'm not even sure if it will be suited for the base game though I really hope it will be (as Moses mentioned it can be used effectively against APCs, irl Novorossiyan separatists used them against Ukrainian BMPs and BTRs)
PotatoLord is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-14, 15:47   #5
Operator_Max1993

ooooooooh i'd really love to see the PTRS in

would fit really well
Operator_Max1993 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-20, 09:12   #6
KianaKaslana

Then how about the PTRD-41?

KianaKaslana is offline Reply With Quote